It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

---->---> What's Going On??? All experiences are welcome

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I'm so excited! I finally got my 20 posts.... Just so I can see if any members have had this happen to them or know of anyone, or have heard of this. I was unsure on where to post this so mods can move if you please.

I bought a CD player for my car, from the pawn shop, last Saturday. I was told "Oh yeah it'll match your wires, it's easy, just clip the wires and twist them together." So I purchase it and keep it in the car for a couple of days, before attempting to install it myself. I wait until it cools off, the suns going down, and I start clipping away. I look at the label, stuck to the bottom of the deck, which shows which colored wire is for what. It had 4 columns. The first column showed the color(s) and the second the function. Same with the 3rd and 4th (colored continued, function continued).

It's getting a little darker out, so I turn on my overhead light. I'm looking at this label, and it's another language. No English, whatsoever on that label. So I kind of get upset, of course I can't understand. I can understand and read Spanish and therefore some French, but it didn't look Dutch or German. I saw a couple of words gris and blanc ; which I assumed meant gray and white.

So I look up on a search engine, what language it is first, so I can translate them all. I go to type in a word, and look back down at the label, and IT'S IN ENGLISH ! Literally NO OTHER LANGUAGE on there but English. I didn't too much freak out, because I'm more so feeling a change. But I've never heard of anything like that. I wasn't tired. I had my 4 year old son in the car with me, and I had no alcohol, drugs, or medications in my system (had to throw that in there for clarity).

So has anyone ever had this happen to them? Or heard of what had happened? All opinions are welcome. I also found out after searching later that night, that the language was French-Creole. (Bahamas and Haiti area) I've had a genealogy report ran, and the farthest we traced our ancestors, on my father's side, was to Haiti.... Don't know if that has any relation...

***I returned it today, because I couldn't install it. And as soon as I typed the first 3 words I remembered that I was going to take a picture of the label, to link here, so you all could get a clearer picture.... But of course I forgot! If it helps I can go back to the store and take a picture of this label.
edit on 9-9-2011 by TaintedVisions because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
What a strange experience, I cant say Ive experienced anything like that

thanks for sharing!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
...a glitch in the matrix, maybe?

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haitian_Creole]---->Hatian Creole

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by RoswellCityLimits

Possibly... I am very open minded. Thanks for the link.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TaintedVisions

It must be VOODOO man....good thing you took it back !

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

Right

(and it's hoodoo, voodoo's a religion just so you know)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
The only experience I had similar to that was while I was watching the movie City of God.

I had gotten thoroughly into the movie, finished it and was thoroughly impressed. So much so, the next night I popped it back into my computer to watch it again, except this second time through I realized it was actually in spanish and subtitled. The night before I could have SWORN everything was in english, I could understand everything they were saying.

And it wasn't just an english dub, the words seemed fluent and natural.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sleepypoet

Maybe you accidentally switched the language the second time?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Abarat

That's what I was trying to point out at the end of my post. The dub for the movie is very bad. When I watched it the first time, the speech was fluent, even laced with spanish accents, but I could have sworn it was english.

Due to my intense interest in the movie, could my eyes have filtered the subtitles through my brain in such a manner that I was hearing what I was reading?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sleepypoet
reply to post by Abarat

That's what I was trying to point out at the end of my post. The dub for the movie is very bad. When I watched it the first time, the speech was fluent, even laced with spanish accents, but I could have sworn it was english.

Due to my intense interest in the movie, could my eyes have filtered the subtitles through my brain in such a manner that I was hearing what I was reading?

wow... interesting... maybe i had a glimpse of my past life, or brought my knowledge of the language to this life, and just saw it that way... I don't know... that "glitch in the matrix" is surely sounding plausible now

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Still clueless... Someone knows something... anyone?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Okay - this is my view. I am a Spiritual person as opposed to religious. I burn incense pat my cats and try to be a decent person and remain peaceful no matter what - get my drift?

I have had a lot of people die - when I was a child and through my young adult life - the world of Spirit is all around us. I don't believe in magic - white or black it is all the same - dangerous - get my drift again?

Sometimes I have seen my loved ones - as they appeared in life - sometimes with another person as a witness - sometimes time slowed down - sometimes deja vu was five minutes long and not a few seconds. All I know is that when you are a person who tries to be decent and tries to find a good way of living in a sometimes incredibly hellish society - Spirit can be there - they can show us beauty and teach us and make us feel safe when we are afraid and basically - they are amazingly powerful in a peaceful way.

Spirit can help us - it can be the sense of deja vu or knowing the phone is going to ring before it does - it can be understanding something that is usually difficult to comprehend - even a language you do not normally practice. It could be that as we evolve -there is truth to our vibrational existence becoming more peaceful and pure.

All I know is my heart broke when each person died and I miss them and I know they see my pain and every now and then - amazing things happen. Just feel blessed that something wonderful occurs in a world where so much that happens is too painful to think about.

Peace and love will always attract the same - even though life will still push us through difficult lessons.

Much Peace ...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
heres what happend my friend hate to break it to you but.................. You were looking at it upside down

now in all seriousness. that is a wierd occurance maybe it was some kind of coded message

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

Thanks for that reply! I try to stay positive through all of this chaos as well... It's tough, but well worth it. I know I'm late replying (6 months), but decided to check if there were any more suggestions... I'll just take it as it was. I felt (and still do) special that something out of the ordinary happened to me at a certain point in my life!

I've lost MANY loved ones in the last couple of years and know exactly how you feel. You sound like you're doing as much as you can do and keep doing it! More power to you!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

I did turn it upside down to see if I was trippin'! Whatever it was I'll just take it as it was...

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I have had experiences like that. Maybe it's closet dyslexia.

9 times out of 10, you need to buy a harness adapter, pawn shops are full of crap. I replaced the deck in my '91 Thunderbird a few weeks ago... I had to just touch wires together until I figured out what was where. At least I knew which were the power and which were the speakers though.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnivea

Definitely not dyslexia. I've never had reading problems/issues before, and it was in another language...

I ended up getting someone to install it for $50! I'm in a small city with no deck installation shops so that was the cheapest

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

You may have had a glimpse of your 'other' life in a different dimension. SomeHow you momentarily crossed over to a parallel dimension lifeline. I have kinda thought that deja-vu may be our glimpses of our other dimensional self, if that makes sense.?..... Just a thought. Later, Syx.

join