It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does the President not answer Texas' plea for help??We are burning over here..duhhh

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Exactly, what are you talking about?
You cannot back up any of that. You must live in a big city, that is big city talk.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Its not too far out there for The Cowboy Texas Oil Mafia Boners to Reichstag Texas to see what Osama...I mean Obama does.

When you finally see the way they write the scripts for the sheep (especially close to presidential elections) apathy becomes your friend and it becomes quite humorous.
The poor secret societies are stupid just like us.

Yes ! Thats right. Humorous

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
A little humility would go a long way instead of all the macho bluster and Rush Limbaugh rhetoric about those less fortunate than yourselves.

Perhaps you now know how New Orleans felt when your favorite son George Bush basically ignored that city as people were dying.

...you need a gallon or two of your own preachin, sweetheart - especially since you ran off and left us (sniffle) for fame, fortune and wild women... and (sniffle) and (sniffle) and (sniffle), if ya wanna get technical about it, mista whaaa, it was YOUR GENERATION that let that idiot yankee scumbag gwb into texas politics (boo hoo!)... not that my generation has done much better BUT logic has nothing to do with this post...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by lyons666

I'm sorry Super Republican State of Texas...haven't you heard...our debt is way to high.

Republicans say we have to make cuts...and they think FEMA is a ridiculous agency...so we can't waste any money.

Texas always talks about seceding...always talks big and tough...and then they cry and run to the Federal Government for help.

It's a bit ironic...karma is a bitch.

I see you stand with Lord Obama that loss of life and property are necessary to make a point. Not to mention holding one governor's ridiculous remarks against 25 million people is very presidential. Thank you, armchair quarterback.

/TOA
edit on 9-9-2011 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I feel for those who have lost their houses and family members in this madness.

But to you far right conservatives that have been screaming about entitlements and cutting spending...some of you are now in the shoes of those who you looked down upon. Fend for yourselves and deal with it.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Maybe he is taking the advice of Rep. Ron Paul. There should be "no national response" to Hurricane Irene, and "We should be like 1900", and he has called for the abolishment of FEMA. Paula wants the United States to go back to the turn of the 20th Century when it comes to disaster relief.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
So let me get this straight?

- The state that practicially makes a contest of how much they can hate Obama is now whining for his help?

- The state most vocal about federal intrusion and usurption of state's rights is now suddenly a huge fan of federal help?

- Your state wants the help so bad it sends its Lt. Gov. to ask because Perry can't be seen as asking Obama for anything.

- The go-it-your-own armpit of America (except for Austin) land of macho tough guys and I-don't need-no-help-from-nobody cavemen is crying a river because it burned it friendship bridges?

- The home of the modern succession movement now wants to tell us how much we should care?

- The state with some of the most vocal we-are-out-of-money Republithugs now think there should be an endless supply to help them?

Hypocrites of the highest order. Let it burn. TX is proud and begging to be go back to the stone age; they should be glad for this little push from nature.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I see you stand with Lord Obama that loss of life and property are necessary to make a point. Not to mention holding one governor's ridiculous remarks against 25 million people is very presidential. Thank you, armchair quarterback.

Let's me be very clear. Texans at large woul not bat an eye if thousands died elsewhere; they'd have zero guilt about not lifting a dollar to help elsewhere. Hell, TX executes people like a blood sport, even when the preonderance of evidence suggests the person is innocent. Hey, makes the point, right?

Texans are not Americans, we owe you nothing.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
White House officials say President Barack Obama has signed a federal disaster declaration for Texas in the wake of wildfires in the state. "Finally"
Guess he caught wind of all the frustrations and madness within discussions like this one here on ATS, and other websites. I have seen talks like this one all over, and also joined in them as well. Glad it happened though, now some of these people can hopefully rest a little easier here in Texas.

Great news...

abclocal.go.com...
edit on 10-9-2011 by lyons666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Inconceivable

What do you need him for? Why the heck should he want to help as you ask with one breath and literally in the next you curse him? Ungrateful hateful people in Texas. You think he can wave a magic wand and kiss your knee and your booboo will feel better?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Uh no... We pay federal Taxes too brother. We want what is due.

You got your due. We paid to pave a couple of interstates across your Godforsaken wasteland.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
if the op is still around, I was wondering....
I lived in the longview, kilgore area for about a decade....know people there...
although I've lost contact with them a long time ago....

I've looked at maps of the fires, and they seem rather close....
how bad is it around those cities???

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Ok he declared texas a state of emergency.

Close the thread now! Lol

Hahahahaha

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Hmm... Strangely I can see just how little people really know about Texas.

If you think we are all like that idiot Rick Perry, you are mistaken.

I find it disgusting that so many are getting offended that people would dare to ask for help.

Come off your high horses folks. Quit being jerks.

Rick perry once said a stupid comment about making Texas it's own country. how about you talk to the citizens of this state, rather than just we are all a bunch of super conservative morons.

You think every Texan feels the same? That is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard, folks.

We are individuals with individual thoughts just like you.... So get over yourself.

the only hypocritical thing in this thread is the name calling.

You have it wrong. I gather most of us are not offended people ask for help. We are offended that when non-exans ask for help Texans spit on them and lecture them. We are offended that the "ask for help" comes in the sentence that is literally cursing the person they are asking for help. We are offended that all the sudden we should care because it is Texas that is hurting when Texans care not a whit when others hurt. As the first critical poster said, karma baby, karma. So aim for a little human decency and humility in your future dealings with your fellow Americans and maybe then we will all start to care again.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by aero56
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Maybe he is taking the advice of Rep. Ron Paul. There should be "no national response" to Hurricane Irene, and "We should be like 1900", and he has called for the abolishment of FEMA. Paula wants the United States to go back to the turn of the 20th Century when it comes to disaster relief.

Exactly. It's ironic that after Paul makes those idiotic statements, this happens. Texas sure looks like they could handle that by themselves, eh??

These Republicans should practice what they preach. He should denounce all federal aid for Texas. Funny how a state full of conservatives that stick their noses up at people who need help are suddenly begging when SHTF. I hope that this is a wake up call for some people to realize that we are one country and we are all in this TOGETHER, and if some money comes out of my paycheck to help my fellow americans who need help to feed their kids, see a doctor, or get some kind of relief because their house burned down, I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH IT.

Pull thyself up by thy bootstraps my ass.
edit on 10-9-2011 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I'm perplexed as to why Texas does not maintain its own air tanker fleet but relies on the federal govt fleet, which has shrunk considerably since 2002? (A former Texas gov turned POTUS seemed to always find money for war but no money to fight homeland fires?...some homeland security!)

I assumed that since CA had its own air fire suppression force, other states in the western half did too. I am used to seeing CalFire air tankers and helicopters routinely fight fires here. Maybe Texas didn't need them till now, or was the state just playing Russian Roulette in hopes it wouldn't need them, thus "saving money"?

I feel sorry for all affected by those wind whipped fires. As an individual, you feel so helpless in the path of one, just trying to do whatever to fight back and praying that somehow your home, your town will be spared.

Especially if these drought years continue, Texans need to think about having their own fleet ready to fight. Relying on the fed govt to help, esp when people want to drown it in a bath tub, is no longer an option.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by surfin4it

State funding for volunteer fire departments consists of training. It is not used to buy equipment that money is raised locally through taxes from either a designated Fire district or by a village or town and things such as bake sales. The money he cut is used to send the volunteers to train with a real firefighters. ( i want to clarify i use the term real only in respect to the fact they do this full time) However most states have cut back on this relying on the local firefighters to train there people. Volunteer firefighter by nature is locally funded the community they protect pays for them.There are 879 fire departments and they were sharing 30 million dollars in the past, that means on average they were getting only 34,000 a year from the state. Really that doesn't even cover the fire chiefs salary or buy you 1 fire engine so to make it out like there going to close down the fire departments is just stupid.

PS since everyone wants to toss around blame figured id throw this in as well!

The U.S. Forest Service terminated the contract with Aero Union; five weeks ago to operate seven P-3 Orions that are critical to the agency’s firefighting mission, leaving the federal government with 11 tankers under contract to help battle more than 50 large uncontained wildfires now burning nationwide.

Nearly half of the federal government’s firefighting air tankers are siting idle at a California airport, grounded by the Obama administration in a contract dispute just weeks before wildfires swept through Texas killing a mother and her child, and destroying 100,000 acres.

www.humanevents.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

There is one still burning in Dianna, (dianna is now getting air drops of water from air tankers) as it has been burning all week sending many to evacuate. Gladewater, Pritchet and Tyler also have had fires. Longview has had a lot of dense smoke as well our are here in Wood county, which have also had several fires. These fires also keep rekindling after they think they are out. Smoke is in the air everyday off and and on, and when the wind changes direction and brings it right to your front door...it gets a little scary, it makes you go and look around the property.
So, ya..we have had some pretty bad days here. Go on kltv.com and you should be able to read up on some of the fires that have been going here in East Texas.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly

Let's me be very clear. Texans at large woul not bat an eye if thousands died elsewhere; they'd have zero guilt about not lifting a dollar to help elsewhere.

Like the floods up north? Hope they know how to swim! har har har

Hell, TX executes people like a blood sport, even when the preonderance of evidence suggests the person is innocent. Hey, makes the point, right?

Todd Willingham. An innocent man. Most Texans believe this to be a murder. In which case, our insane governor should be put on the same table that Willingham was executed on.

Texans are not Americans, we owe you nothing.

Did you like that $3 hamburger? How about we jack up the price on a head of cattle and make that a $5 hamburger for you? Our cows are dying because of drought and wildfires, so we have to make up that revenue somehow! Texas is America's largest cattle exporter.

How about that $2.50 loaf of bread? Oops...I meant $3 loaf. U.S. third largest exporter of winter wheat, which nets the U.S. economy $973 million a year. Oh wait, not anymore. Our wheat crops burned up months ago because Obama was making a point. Gosh, he sure is an American for thinking of the American public, isn't he?

Nice, soft cotton shirts, denim jeans, socks, underwear, hats, sheets, coats...all produced by cotton. Texas is, BTW, leads in cotton production. Or did until...dun dun dun DUUUUN...our crops burned up.

So, genius, how about lifting a dollar to help out America as a whole? Or, are you just letting people die, property burn, and the entire American economy suffer just to make a point, like your BFF Obama (peace be upon him)?

/TOA

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

www.chicoer.com...

Looks to me like Aerounion is going broke after the owner died in 2009 and they moved to California and layed off half there employees. Then they started to fail inspections. Any government contract should be canceled when that happens.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join