It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does the President not answer Texas' plea for help??We are burning over here..duhhh

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Dam sure hope nothing goes down in your state, because I get the feeling it is going to be like this for a while. This country is in debt and the president is dodging another bill he cant afford..
You calling us crybabies is just terrible, its the government that makes those choices not us.. I dont do politics, I dont vote either.. The gov is a crock!! Texans donate a lot to those who are in need when disasters strike, and we dont need any handouts.. Apparently, because were doing on our own with the screwed up gov that is suppose to be there for the "whole" country, not just us crying cowboys.. Get your head out of your butt..Stop being so sinister, there are innocent people and children here that need help.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Why would they need Obama to declare a statewide
emergency?

I could understand if a federal emergency was needed, but it's not, so of course Obama wouldn't reply.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
It seems to me that a lot of people view these fires as some little grass fire that can easily be put out. They're not. They're big, and the fact that there isn't more of them shocks me. The last time I remember it really raining here was back in May, but its been since February since we really had a lot of precipitation. The entire state is dryer than it has been in a long time, and things aren't going to get any better any time soon. The state does not have the resources to combat fires like this right now. A good part of that is probably Perry's fault, but another part of it is the drought. If the federal government is in need of cash so bad they are now having to rethink helping with things like this, then they can just loan out money and resources. When everything is taken care of, Texas can just pay back the federal government for whatever the cost was. Its not that hard to do, and doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Uh no... We pay federal Taxes too brother. We want what is due.

You're not entitled to anything. We pay into SS and most of us in the 25-30 range won't see a dime of it.

Stop sucking off of the teat of the federal government.

This is what Republicans want right? To have everyone fend for themselves?

Well, here you go, a massive wildfire. Fend for yourselves.
edit on 9-9-2011 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
So Texas, the HARD-CORE conservative, right-wing EXTREMIST state is looking for a 'HANDOUT' from the very government from which they wish to secede from, and the same government to which they say needs to end its spending?????

Funny how it is TEXAS who CRIES out the LOUDEST for a government handout when an issue occurs there. Those conservative-cowboys, er, conservative-cry-babies, CRY every time they have an issue down there. Yet every other issue elsewhere in the country to which deserves government assistance is a WASTE of money and must be ended according to them.

HYPOCRITES!!!!!

edit on 9-9-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

Hmm... Strangely I can see just how little people really know about Texas.

If you think we are all like that idiot Rick Perry, you are mistaken.

I find it disgusting that so many are getting offended that people would dare to ask for help.

Come off your high horses folks. Quit being jerks.

Rick perry once said a stupid comment about making Texas it's own country. how about you talk to the citizens of this state, rather than just we are all a bunch of super conservative morons.

You think every Texan feels the same? That is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard, folks.

We are individuals with individual thoughts just like you.... So get over yourself.

the only hypocritical thing in this thread is the name calling.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I have been a registered Democrat my whole life. How dare you posters assume that every one supports Rick Perry and should suffer because he is governor of Texas. This action could make people jump party line and vote republican. Perry supported the Trans Texas Corridor, he supported making hiving road maintenance to foreign companies. And much more

I do not wish this on anyone else. But remember this when the snow storm or flood happens and FEMA will not let our Texas Electric Line Men and supplies come to your area after you have been with out power for a week or more.
When Texas Task Force 1 First Responders are their Civil Engineers to see if buildings are safe to enter, the rescuers are their dogs trying to help find people before and after rescue is no longer possible. Before you send people to learn hasmat, EMS training...

Some states have some of these things and we have received help from them.
edit on 9-9-2011 by Papagrune because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Oh lets not forget Texas EquuSearch. not government supported, but Texas supported.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

So Texas, the HARD-CORE conservative, right-wing EXTREMIST state is looking for a 'HANDOUT' from the very government from which they wish to secede from, and the same government to which they say needs to end its spending?????

Funny how it is TEXAS who CRIES out the LOUDEST for a government handout when an issue occurs there. Those conservative-cowboys, er, conservative-cry-babies, CRY every time they have an issue down there. Yet every other issue elsewhere in the country to which deserves government assistance is a WASTE of money and must be ended according to them.

HYPOCRITES!!!!!

Hmm... Strangely I can see just how little people really know about Texas.

If you think we are all like that idiot Rick Perry, you are mistaken.

I find it disgusting that so many are getting offended that people would dare to ask for help.

Come off your high horses folks. Quit being jerks.

Rick perry once said a stupid comment about making Texas it's own country. how about you talk to the citizens of this state, rather than just we are all a bunch of super conservative morons.

You think every Texan feels the same? That is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard, folks.

We are individuals with individual thoughts just like you.... So get over yourself.

the only hypocritical thing in this thread is the name calling.

I hear this all the time.

We are nothing like the idiot we have voted in.

Then why did people vote him in? You must be idiots!!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner
reply to post by syrinx high priest

But only the President can declare it as a "Disaster Area," thus triggering Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance. So really, it's up to Obama.

well, I guess obama hates white people

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by lyons666

There's a good possibility Obama might face Perry in 2012. So there it is, short and sweet. Obama will not lift a finger to help Texas; he is not a president, he is not a man, he is a conniving rat.

Perry should make an appeal to the other 49 states for assistance. Bring it up in the debates with Obama, throw it right in his lying face.

ETA: Best of luck with the rain. I hope it rains for a week for you guys.

edit on 9-9-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

HYPOCRITES!!!!!

Hey get the vernacular right!
It's an "entitlement", not a handout.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
In all seriousness though, how bad is it in Texas?

If you are burning and homes are being destroyed, then surely it is the Federal Governments reponsibility to at least declare a state of emergency.

Okay, Texas as a state have been voicifourous regarding the union, but come on guys, have a little compassion for your fellow Americans.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Yes, it might be an interesting election with Obama and Perry...Sweet revenge I dont know..I cant really trust any of them any them any more..
Thanks for the hopes of rain, we may get some next week but it always changes..Thanks for the support.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Thank you to all the fellow Texans who supported my views on this post and others as well even if you didn't.
Was a great little debate and very interesting to see all views.
Just remember this, we are here on this earth together trying to survive and things happen unexpectedly.. We all will need help from our governments at some point in time, it is just the way our world is today..Out of Control..
Peace.............

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Why is your Lt. Governor more concerned about smearing Obama than the fires? The declaration of emergency was just made and FEMA has been there for a while now. Your Governor is running for President and too busy at the moment but he did manage to cut the Fire Department budget by 75%.

I'm sorry that this drought happened and I'm sorry that the fires are happening, it's tragic...but if you're pissed go and be pissed at the right person.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

You're really blaming him for WBC showing up? LOL
I'm pretty sure they were there already, and yes a presidential visit does tie up traffic etc but I believe he wasn't there until three days later and some people did appreciate him being there. No president, even ones I hate can win in this situation. Damned if they do damned if they don't.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
It Texas had a real governor, he wouldn't let FEMA in.
The "President" is a fraud, and no true Texan is "pleading" with him for anything at all.
We can put out our own fires, we have many times before and we continue to today.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
A few years back, they declared a state emergency in California due to the fires. Why not with Texas? I hope you guys haven't laid off all your fire crews like we did here.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
As a born and raised Texan, I am sad to see the fires and destruction and I am helping my friends that lost everything by offering to take them in here at my place until they get back on their feet. But Texas and Texans need to lose some of that arrogance and disdain of your neighboring states that we see all to frequently by Texan tourist. A little humility would go a long way instead of all the macho bluster and Rush Limbaugh rhetoric condemning those less fortunate than yourselves.

Perhaps you now know how New Orleans felt when your favorite son George Bush basically ignored that city as people were dying.

edit on 9-9-2011 by whaaa because: 5h5

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

We have a lot of volunteer fire departments. The kind of stuff the feds hate.
West of Austin, fires aren't unusual. Many counties out here have a fish fry to raise funds for the volunteer fire departments. Tons of cash is raised and used to buy equipment, trucks, lifts and pumps. The volunteers that fight the fires aren't paid, and neither are the people and businesses that are feeding them and repairing the equipment.
The untold stories that don't make the DRUDGE REPORT.
People can solve their own problems within a working model. Just create that model and tell the feds to # off.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join