It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gnosis and the Unknown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I used to deal with very low self esteem.

Over the years my sense of self has grown, and ive become exactly that which i most admired in others; the ability to just be carefree.

Nonetheless, i feel a profound feeling of gratitutude to God for initiating this growth and enabling me to function normally.

Now, some people would criticize this approach as self deprecratory. What should you feel greatful? Youre just coming to know yourself again. This is just how things are; you deserve this and you have nothing to feel greatful about.

While i can understand the fact that this state is natural and normal, i still cant explain how it came about. Why at this age did i become more spiritual? Why did i go through this, that led me here, which caused me to go through this, which led me to read this, study that, which led to my great insight into my essential and self growth and liberation from my problem.

I see this unknown as being beautiful, caring and benevolent. Which seeks our good, no matter condition we are in. My knowledge, and certainty, that i deserve this spiritual state that im in, does not prevent my from being greatful.

Its just odd that two contradictive perceptions - i deserve this, and yet i should be greatful for it, can dwell in the same spot. Both true. Both beautiful.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Most Gnostics feel that the ultimate god is too vast, multi-dimensional, and incomprehensible to us lowly humans that it essentially doesn't exist for us. Praying to it is a huge waste of time and effort. The thing doesn't care about you or humanity or anything else.

On the other hand, the insane Creator God, Saklas (the one in the Old Testament), is something that will listen to your prayers, if only to torment you with them at a later time.

The Gnostic Christ suggested that everybody just accept that life as created by the insane god is not all that great, but if we're fair and nice with each other, we can make it at least somewhat tolerable until our deaths. It's an okay philosophy, and one that doesn't really even require Saklas.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Praying to it is a huge waste of time and effort. The thing doesn't care about you or humanity or anything else.

I find that idiotic.

On the other hand, the insane Creator God, Saklas (the one in the Old Testament), is something that will listen to your prayers, if only to torment you with them at a later time.

Huh?? Where does this theology come from?

Please do not sully this thread with this theological nonsense. Thankyou.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

I am joyous that you have been liberated by your new found spirituality. Gratitude is an extremely powerful acknowledgment. Peace and Love to you.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
it's a pleasure to read you are through the struggle with you self esteem. It is something you deserve!!

ROCK ON BROOOOOO!

I hope you like it!

edit on 2011/9/10 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join