It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Example: media distorts reality subliminally - Ron Paul MSNBC poll results.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Her home state? She lived there until she was 13...and she is a representative from Minnesota. You guys really really stretch to try to make Ron Paul look good...it's funny...sad...but funny.

I love how people say "She bought tickets to win"...which just shows you are new to politics because that is how the Iowa Straw Poll works.

I love how you just ignore reality and claim Ron Paul the winner...it is amazing what lengths people will go to in order to lie to themselves.

Do you realize what you're doing? Your replies contain the essence of disinfomation. You want people to think that Ron Pauls' popularity is negligible, exactly like the media does. First you ask for any real polls outside of the internet that Ron Paul leads in, and there are multiple; including CPAC (which he won by a landslide) and the well-known Iowa Straw Poll. I really don't see how you can discredit Pauls' extremely close second in this one. Somehow you defend your position about him not being a factor because he lost by a hundred votes, which without a shadow of a doubt were influenced by Bachmanns 2,000 extra tickets and the fact that she's most popular in Iowa. Stop trying to skew the facts.

Paul leads or wins in every poll except the "scientific" ones done by the "credible" websites you've listed. You CAN'T discredit that. Please explain your logic.

No..I don't find it funny that Perry shot to the top...if you paid attention at all...a lot of people wanted him to win...including the "Tea Party".

The only people that want Perry to win are Bilderberg shills, brainwashed citizens, and anyone who hasn't done the least bit of research into the candidates political records.

The thing is it is not a matter of ME being correct...I'm just stating the facts as we currently know them.

That is what you guys aren't getting...you so desperatly want Ron Paul to be popular...you ignore facts and pretend that I am just making this stuff up.

You've been ignoring all the polls, even ones such as CPAC and Iowa; and stating that the handful of polls taken with a couple thousand "phone call" votes are the only valid ones. Your concept of facts is flawed beyond comprehension. The only facts are that mainstream media is bought out and that Ron Pauls' popularity has been marginalized. Just stop.
edit on 9-9-2011 by Raelsatu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

reply to post by burntheships

oh well I mean to say that its just plainly
clear that Ron Paul is in the peoples favor right now and the oppostion is going to
pull out all of the stops to derail that

Can you show me ANYTHING besides an internet poll that would back up this claim???

Anything at all?

I talk to real people everyday in my line of work. The vast majority are starting to see through the two party system b.s.

The VAST majority speak to issues that Ron Paul addresses directly, whether they're aware of it/him or not.
Now it might not be 'scientific' enough for you but these are real humans, real voters that cover the spectrum and cross party lines.

To say that he isn't viable is absurd.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Are you saying that all internet trolls polls should be dismissed?
And if so, why?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze
reply to post by hypervalentiodine

Maybe, but still 1000 people will never be a representative sample due to the low number in relation to the population.

Another problem with the poll is it is probably NOT just U.S. citizens voting in that poll which skews it also.

There are lots of problems, but there is absolutely no way 1000 can ever be consider scientific representation of the U.S. population.

WHAT???

Why would an American polling company doing a poll for an American election call non-US citizens???

You are really really reaching.

Look...it's not just ONE poll...it is multiple polls...conducted every few days...and they all show the EXACT SAME THING.

Just stop...sheesh

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I stayed up on purpose the night after the debate to see if the radio news I listen to would mention the poll results.

It didn't. They only talked about Perry and Romney.

This race is rigged - as if we didn't already know that!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

reply to post by hypervalentiodine

Maybe, but still 1000 people will never be a representative sample due to the low number in relation to the population.

Another problem with the poll is it is probably NOT just U.S. citizens voting in that poll which skews it also.

There are lots of problems, but there is absolutely no way 1000 can ever be consider scientific representation of the U.S. population.

WHAT???

Why would an American polling company doing a poll for an American election call non-US citizens???

You are really really reaching.

Look...it's not just ONE poll...it is multiple polls...conducted every few days...and they all show the EXACT SAME THING.

Just stop...sheesh

with this we can speak to who exactly is voting in these polls.

in the msnbc poll, after the debate, it was open to anyone who wished to participate. open to the public.
in these 'scientific' polls participants are chosen, based on a given criteria, which can lead to(i'm not saying that it does) manipulation of the pool to slant the outcome in a particular way. it would be very easy to succumb to the pressure of the party and only promote a chosen few candidates that the public is allowed to choose from. being open, the msnbc poll was able to cater to a wide pool of people, getting a real sense of what the public at large is thinking.

200,000 participants is an impressive number. it's a small city and Ron Paul snatched almost two thirds of them. i do not believe that cheating, in any way, had an impact on the outcome and assume so is a conspiracy unto itself, worth of it's own thread. Dr. Paul owned this poll. He owned the Fox poll after their debate, a poll which also drew from a huge base of Americans.

The Party doesn't like Ron Paul. The People do.

i saw a comment(it might have been a thread) by a member a couple weeks back which, i think, speaks to the core of the issue with Dr. Paul and his ability to get elected. (i wish i could remember their name so i could give them their cred.)

independents and democrats need to abandon their party or not-partisanship and register as a republican. Dr. Paul, but more importantly his ideas, are very popular in America and as i've stated previously, cross the political spectrum. he could win the Presidency but can't get out of his own party. if Americans who support Ron Paul all registered as Republicans and were able to vote in closed primaries and participate in these 'scientific' polls, i believe the political landscape in this country could change dramatically. and for the better.

i've understood where you were coming from throughout this thread but i encourage you to take a step back as see the political chess game for what it is.
edit on 10-9-2011 by slowisfast because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

I am seriously hitting myself in the head...honestly...if you could see me...you could see me slapping my head right now.

The Iowa straw poll and the CPAC poll ARE NOT SCIENTIFICALLY CONDUCTED POLLS.

Tell you what...just get back to me after the primaries...let me know how Ron Paul does.

Oh...and don't cry and make up some silly excuse when he loses.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by slowisfast

reply to post by burntheships

oh well I mean to say that its just plainly
clear that Ron Paul is in the peoples favor right now and the oppostion is going to
pull out all of the stops to derail that

Can you show me ANYTHING besides an internet poll that would back up this claim???

Anything at all?

I talk to real people everyday in my line of work. The vast majority are starting to see through the two party system b.s.

The VAST majority speak to issues that Ron Paul addresses directly, whether they're aware of it/him or not.
Now it might not be 'scientific' enough for you but these are real humans, real voters that cover the spectrum and cross party lines.

To say that he isn't viable is absurd.

Yes...and people saw so many McCain/Palin signs in their neighborhood in 2008 they just KNEW McCain had it in the bag

Come on people...are we being serious???

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

And if so, why?

Yes...because they aren't a true random sample.

This isn't rocket science.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I hate to be the Buzz Killington in the thread, but I posted this a few days ago: NBC's Misleading Post-Debate Poll

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by slowisfast

200,000 participants is an impressive number.

You have no way to validate there were really 200,000 participants...that is what is wrong with internet polls.

I just love how you guys don't trust ANYTHING from the MSM...but an internet poll they have on THEIR SITE you take as gospel just because it is the result YOU want to see.

I'm trying...I'm trying really hard to get you guys to see reality...but I guess you are just going to have to wait until the primary to see where Ron Paul ends up.

And if he ends up where the current polls are saying he will (3rd or 4th)...please don't cry fraud or conspiracy...please please please don't.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

did you even read my last comment?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

About the political chess game?

Yes...I know the game...and I play within the game.

I don't try to ignore the game or try to make up my own rules to create a potential outcome that has almost no chance of happening in the real game.

Like I said before, it is a matter of reality vs fantasy.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

And if so, why?

Proof? Or...just your biased opinion we are reading on the internet?
edit on 10-9-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

And if so, why?

proof that an open internet poll is not a true random sample????

ummmm....do you know the definition of a true random sample?

I really don't know why I bother.
Proof? Or...just your biased opinion we are reading on the interet?
edit on 10-9-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

making up rules?
it takes a direct action, a choice by an individual to change that 'fantasy' into reality.
Ron Paul CAN win the Party's nomination, if he will, is something else entirely. he has a lot going against him. It must be tough to run for an office when you have two political parties and the media against you. he seems to pull it off with grace. i hope my fellow Americans will make the choices that will allow Dr. Paul to win the Republican nomination. it would be a great day. is it 'fantasy' that i think so? i don't think so, idealism perhaps, but maybe that's just what's needed these days.
edit on 10-9-2011 by slowisfast because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

No, it's not a fantasy that you want it to happen.

It is fantasy when people deny facts to make it appear he is doing better than he really is.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Ummm... do you know the defition of truth?

Hint hint it does not = your opinion.

I dont know why I would bother asking you for proof...
What was I thinking?

How bout we go back to the beginning, since you seem to have lost your way?

MSNBC put up a poll last night after the debates. Ron Paul slaughtered the others according to the poll.

Ron Paul 57%

Romney 14%

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

It is fantasy when people deny facts to make it appear he is doing better than he really is.

here's my reasoning. if he's blowing out the field by huge numbers in open, internet, polls and then third or fourth in the controlled 'scientific' polls....then i'll venture a guess that he's two, and not far behind Romney.(with the people, in reality). we're still over a year out and he has a ton of money but, like i said, he has a lot going against him. i, for one, certainly don't deny facts, however, i will deny facts that are corrupted.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by slowisfast

here's my reasoning. if he's blowing out the field by huge numbers in open, internet, polls and then third or fourth in the controlled 'scientific' polls....then i'll venture a guess that he's two, and not far behind Romney.(with the people, in reality). we're still over a year out and he has a ton of money but, like i said, he has a lot going against him. i, for one, certainly don't deny facts, however, i will deny facts that are corrupted.

ton of money huh???

Here is Ron Pauls funds as of June 2011.

www.opensecrets.org...

Ron Paul (R)
Raised $4,514,166
Spent $1,547,989
Debts $0
Cash on Hand $2,966,177
End Date June 30, 2011

Here is Romney's

www.opensecrets.org...

Mitt Romney (R)
Raised $18,284,223
Spent $5,575,690
Debts $0
Cash on Hand $12,715,495
End Date June 30, 2011

Romney has spent more than Paul has raised.

This is what I'm talking about...FACTS...Ron Paul doesn't have "a ton of money".

So I would like you to answer a question that everyone else has dodged....what will be your response if Ron Paul loses the primary?
edit on 10-9-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join