It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Example: media distorts reality subliminally - Ron Paul MSNBC poll results.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

The Internet is the ONLY place real truth exists anymore. It doesn't mean the medium is without it's fair share of bullshxt, it just means one has to use discernment when taking in information off the net. At the end of the day it's still far better than the crap the corporate media shoves down out collective throats. Statements like yours prove how dense some humans can still be.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
You read...but apparently you don't comprehend.

Do I have to continue to illustrate how little you understand???
edit on 9-9-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

*holds up mirror*

Originally posted by pianopraze
I could be wrong on that *shrug*

But I took a statistics class in college and understand what is and is not a scientific poll. These polls use far to few people to be deemed scientific by any metric. Even if they use the full 1000 not only those with Cell phones.

You continue to aruge fluff and derail:

Fact: They made graph that was misleading.
Options:
1. poor quality graph designer (possible, unlikely)
2. intended slant (highly probable, proven track record).

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

So you are just going to just completely dodge that I showed that you are 100% wrong about the credible polls that you were trying to show had faults to them???

Continue on...I see you have no interest in learning anything at all.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by slowisfast

The Internet is the ONLY place real truth exists anymore. It doesn't mean the medium is without it's fair share of bullshxt, it just means one has to use discernment when taking in information off the net. At the end of the day it's still far better than the crap the corporate media shoves down out collective throats. Statements like yours prove how dense some humans can still be.

The problem with relying on people using "discernment"...is that as you can see from this thread...people aren't very good at that.

The sad fact is that the internet gives people more mis-information than the main stream media does.

Here is another sad fact...the majority of people don't have the ability to read something and comprehend it correctly.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

*pushes over OKS' straw man for OKS*

Please address OP, not derail. TY.

I won't waste any more responses with such shenanigans. And trust the general intelligence level of ATS to see through your other games.

Edit to add:
I guess him winning the straw polls was from all those internet voters voting over and over also:

edit on 9-9-2011 by pianopraze because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

*pushes over OKS' straw man for OKS*

Please address OP, not derail. TY.

I won't waste any more responses with such shenanigans. And trust the general intelligence level of ATS to see through your other games.

Look, you are the one that tried to show a credible poll as being inaccurate...and you failed.

Don't get pissy with me because I proved you wrong.

The topic of this thread is the Ron Paul poll...it naturally migrated to other polls...I'm on topic...you are just mad because you are running out of excuses.

An internet poll is a horrible resource to use to see who is ACTUALLY leading an election...so are using yard signs, or talking to "everyone you know", or seeing all the people on ATS supporting one person

There are facts...and there are fantasies.

FACT: Ron Paul is 3rd or 4th currently, a distant 3rd or 4th (Credible Polls)

FANTASY: Ron Paul will win the nomination by a ridiculously huge margin (Internet Polls)

You are free to choose which world you want to live in.

Edit to add:
I guess him winning the straw polls was from all those internet voters voting over and over also:

If you are talking about the Iowa Straw Poll...then you again need to get your facts straight...because he didn't win that either.

Again...Fantasy vs Reality.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

MSNBC put up a poll last night after the debates. Ron Paul slaughtered the others according to the poll.

Wow, look at that! Ron Paul has 57% and Romney has like 14% -
yet the way they have that green line in the graph, looks like Romney's votes were about half of Pauls.

They are so afraid to let the people have a say about Ron Paul, they are conspiring to keep
him out of the spot light anyway they can!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Of course this is not the first time that the mainstream media has been caught with
slight of hand concerning Ron Paul!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by slowisfast

The problem with relying on people using "discernment"...is that as you can see from this thread...people aren't very good at that.

The sad fact is that the internet gives people more mis-information than the main stream media does.

Here is another sad fact...the majority of people don't have the ability to read something and comprehend it correctly.

You're now speaking back to a human problem and not an internet problem. The Internet is full of both truth and rubbish, that's a given..but to say that because it's on the Internet, it can't be truth? Well, those days are long gone. The MSM is a direct assault on truth. No outfit is objective in it's reporting of current events, especially politics. Both sides of the political spectrum are using the media as their own propaganda machines, delivering their version of what they feel the public should know.

I guess it's easy to sit back and be cynical of the populous at large. I'm curious, where did you get the information that backs up that last fact of yours?
edit on 9-9-2011 by slowisfast because: edit

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
An internet troll

An internet poll is a horrible resource to use to see who is
ACTUALLY leading an election..

Well I guess that settles that, huh?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
An internet troll

An internet poll is a horrible resource to use to see who is
ACTUALLY leading an election..

Well I guess that settles that, huh?

reply to post by burntheships

Absolutely!

I was getting tired of all the polling. They are horribly predictable and it's hardly worth wasting the time explaining all the ways they are wrong.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

If you are talking about the Iowa Straw Poll...then you again need to get your facts straight...because he didn't win that either.

Again...Fantasy vs Reality.

The facts are that Ron Paul came in a close second only a 100 or so votes behind Bachmann; she barely won in her OWN homestate. On top of that, she bought and handed out a couple thousand more tickets than Paul, so in my eyes she lost. Your comment is null.

Secondly, I love how you're touting the "scientific" nature of these national polls, which are actually bought and owned for by the same corporate elite who only want liars and shills for presidents. You're telling me you don't find it suspicious that Perry is disproportionally favored right out the gate? And that he's attended the recent Bilderberg meetings? This reeks of conspiracy.

Perhaps you're correct and the majority of Americans voting by phone are drones willing to vote for the candidate being talked most of by the mainstream media. But I still wouldn't take this at face value.

edit on 9-9-2011 by Raelsatu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

campaign workers party loyalists ummm strke that...

controlled state media propaganda oh well I mean to say that its just plainly
clear that Ron Paul is in the peoples favor right now and the oppostion is going to
pull out all of the stops to derail that...if they can.

edit on 9-9-2011 by burntheships because: strike

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Over & over & over & over, you say? I could only vote once from my Internet connection. I suppose I could vote if I went to my neighbors house, & then to my families, but over & over & over, nah.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

The facts are that Ron Paul came in a close second only a 100 or so votes behind Bachmann; she barely won in her OWN homestate. On top of that, she bought and handed out a couple thousand more tickets than Paul, so in my eyes she lost. Your comment is null.

Her home state? She lived there until she was 13...and she is a representative from Minnesota. You guys really really stretch to try to make Ron Paul look good...it's funny...sad...but funny.

I love how people say "She bought tickets to win"...which just shows you are new to politics because that is how the Iowa Straw Poll works.

I love how you just ignore reality and claim Ron Paul the winner...it is amazing what lengths people will go to in order to lie to themselves.

Secondly, I love how you're touting the "scientific" nature of these national polls, which are actually bought and owned for by the same corporate elite who only want liars and shills for presidents. You're telling me you don't find it suspicious that Perry is disproportionally favored right out the gate? And that he's attended the recent Bilderberg meetings? This reeks of conspiracy.

They use a "scientific" process to conduct the polls.

No..I don't find it funny that Perry shot to the top...if you paid attention at all...a lot of people wanted him to win...including the "Tea Party".

Perhaps you're correct and the majority of Americans voting by phone are drones willing to vote for the candidate being talked most of by the mainstream media. But I still wouldn't take this at face value.

The thing is it is not a matter of ME being correct...I'm just stating the facts as we currently know them.

That is what you guys aren't getting...you so desperatly want Ron Paul to be popular...you ignore facts and pretend that I am just making this stuff up.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

oh well I mean to say that its just plainly
clear that Ron Paul is in the peoples favor right now and the oppostion is going to
pull out all of the stops to derail that

Can you show me ANYTHING besides an internet poll that would back up this claim???

Anything at all?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

...you ignore facts and pretend that I am just making this stuff up.

There is only one person ignoring facts and making stuff up.

There is no way 1000 people present any scientifically reliable sample statistically. 1000 is less than one percent of the 312,177,491 people in the U.S. You need a representative sample to make a statistically relevant poll.

No amount of repeating they are scientific will make it true.

Now a poll with over 200k people, that might be statistically relevant...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 9-9-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

And yet these polls have a history of being VERY accurate.

But please...continue to ignore reality...let me know how that works for you.

Please show me examples of anywhere I have made anything up or ignored facts.

You tried to discredit a poll I showed...you failed...just admit that you are in over your head and not really sure what you are talking about and move on.

It's really not going your way...time to admit defeat.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

...you ignore facts and pretend that I am just making this stuff up.

There is no way 1000 people present any scientifically reliable sample statistically. 1000 is less than one percent of the 312,177,491 people in the U.S. You need a representative sample to make a statistically relevant poll.

No amount of repeating they are scientific will make it true.

Now a poll with over 200k people, that might be statistically relevant...

In fact, sample size does not solely dictate statistical relevance. The experiment itself must be scientifically sound before the statistics it preaches become in any way acceptable. The results of a controlled study with 1000 participants is far more accurate than some random internet poll with 200k votes.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by hypervalentiodine

Maybe, but still 1000 people will never be a representative sample due to the low number in relation to the population.

Another problem with the poll is it is probably NOT just U.S. citizens voting in that poll which skews it also.

There are lots of problems, but there is absolutely no way 1000 can ever be consider scientific representation of the U.S. population.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join