It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Example: media distorts reality subliminally - Ron Paul MSNBC poll results.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
MSNBC put up a poll last night after the debates. Ron Paul slaughtered the others according to the poll.

I examined at the poll for a long time thinking something was off, then I realized that the graph is skewed to make it subliminally look like Romney (and the others) received more votes than they did in reality in comparison to Ron Paul.

So I created this little illustration to show reality:

Another example of media subliminally distorting reality.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
its probably so the graphic fits in better on screen.
the advantage of paul is huge even with this "cut" diagramm.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
They had to do SOMETHING right?

I mean, look at those results, hahahaha.

If I was working under evil lizard kings, I'd be damned sure to pull off the bare minimum such as a little poll altering.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
That's awesome! Much better! Thanks!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack

I've got a bridge I'll sell you...

cheap!

There is no excuse for what they did. It is strait up manipulation. 99 percent of the people will think Romney got half the vote as they won't look at the numbers or stop to think about what they are seeing.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

There is no excuse for what they did. It is strait up manipulation. 99 percent of the people will think Romney got half the vote as they won't look at the numbers or stop to think about what they are seeing.

There is an excuse....they know that internet poll results will always be skewed in favor of Ron Paul.

Ron Paul was disqualified from a different internet poll after the debate because the website saw voting abnormalities with Ron Paul's votes.

It is no secret that Ron Paul supporters flood internet polls and vote over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over........

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack

"So the graph fits in better on screen."
What the hell does that EVEN mean? LOOOL

A graph is a damn graph boy. Did they actually tell you in school that when you do a graph and a difference between two things is too big, you should alter it to make it fit better on screen? LOOOOOL

That's some trippy school man. Give me the address.
edit on 9-9-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

There is an excuse....they know that internet poll results will always be skewed in favor of Ron Paul.

Ron Paul was disqualified from a different internet poll after the debate because the website saw voting abnormalities with Ron Paul's votes.

It is no secret that Ron Paul supporters flood internet polls and vote over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over........

You couldn't vote over and over and over on that poll. Neither on the Fox News one.

Once you voted it said something like "Thank you but we have already counted in your vote."

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

If that is the case, supporters of the other candidates can do the same thing. There is no excuse for their blatant manipulation.

If they were to line up 99 percent of the people today and lead them into a gass chamber for extermination... these sheep would defend the gaurds if you tried to break them out of the line!

Wee are so darned mindwashed... even if we don't believe the lies they tell us we are unwilling to point them out or do anything about it because they have us so appathetic from the floride and midia mind rot!

I can't help but notice every where you go, from Walmart to almost every restaurant there is a mind control entrainment machine hypnotizing you to their reality.

We need to turn off the TV, tune in to reality and drop out of their skewed false reality!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Good eye!

Apparently, according to MSNBC, half of 57% is 14.6%, since Romney's bar is about half of Ron Paul's. Romney's bar should be about where Jon Huntsman bar is, about 1/4 of Ron Paul's bar.

Talk about sore losers

What I don't understand is, they show Ron Paul winning, yet they make it seem like second place is not that far off? Are these people compulsive cheaters? Why didn't they just rig it so Ron Paul doesn't win? It's almost like they are asking to be put on the Daily Show again. Maybe they like when Jon Stewart talks about them, you know, when a real journalist mentions them.
edit on 9-9-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

You couldn't vote over and over and over on that poll. Neither on the Fox News one.

Once you voted it said something like "Thank you but we have already counted in your vote."

Haha...yes...you can...you just have to know how.

Why do you deny that Ron Paul really isn't popular? Why do you only look at unscientific internet polls and ignore the scientifically conducted credible polls???

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

A graph is a damn graph boy.

wow, thats provocative.... *yawn*

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze

If that is the case, supporters of the other candidates can do the same thing. There is no excuse for their blatant manipulation.

If they were to line up 99 percent of the people today and lead them into a gass chamber for extermination... these sheep would defend the gaurds if you tried to break them out of the line!

Wee are so darned mindwashed... even if we don't believe the lies they tell us we are unwilling to point them out or do anything about it because they have us so appathetic from the floride and midia mind rot!

I can't help but notice every where you go, from Walmart to almost every restaurant there is a mind control entrainment machine hypnotizing you to their reality.

We need to turn off the TV, tune in to reality and drop out of their skewed false reality!!!

Supporters of other candidates aren't as fanatical as Ron Paul supporters are. They will flood an internet poll...fully knowing they skewed the results...and then act outraged that he isn't given more attention.

So what will be your explaination/excuse when the primary results fall more in line with credible polls rather than these internet polls? Are you going to claim out right fraud?

And if you are worried about "brainwashing" or mis-informaiton...I think a good first step would be to get off of the internet.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
According to my bad maths, this is about right

See it doesn't fit on the screen properly, thats obviously why they changed it

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Supporters of other candidates aren't as fanatical as Ron Paul supporters are. They will flood an internet poll...fully knowing they skewed the results...and then act outraged that he isn't given more attention.

So what will be your explaination/excuse when the primary results fall more in line with credible polls rather than these internet polls? Are you going to claim out right fraud?

And if you are worried about "brainwashing" or mis-informaiton...I think a good first step would be to get off of the internet.

ROFLOL... TY for the laugh.

The internet is about the only place you can find any real information now adays... well maybe except The Daily Show occasionally as filosophia mentioned:

By the way notice page after page of individual posters talking about how great Ron Paul is under the poll results... easily 10-1 over any other candidate...

link   

Supporters of other candidates aren't as fanatical as Ron Paul supporters are. They will flood an internet poll...fully knowing they skewed the results

How do you know this?

BTW what exactly is a "credible poll?" Where can I find one of these?

One more thing, for all you claiming this is fine because Paul's bar doesn't fit on the screen...........THEN YOU SHORTEN THE OTHER BARS!!!!!!!!!!! Good lord.........
edit on 9-9-2011 by greenWeenie because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by davespanners

Yes, that is what it should look like, but it doesn't

firstread.msnbc.msn.com... 5#short%20comment_nav

Can you provide a link as to where you got your graph? Was that on the MSNBC website?

edit on 9-9-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

So you didn't answer my question.

What will be your excuse when Ron Paul finishes 4th or worse in the primary...just like he did last time???

And please please please don't get all your information from the internet...good lord.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenWeenie

Supporters of other candidates aren't as fanatical as Ron Paul supporters are. They will flood an internet poll...fully knowing they skewed the results

How do you know this?

BTW what exactly is a "credible poll?" Where can I find one of these?

One more thing, for all you claiming this is fine because Paul's bar doesn't fit on the screen...........THEN YOU SHORTEN THE OTHER BARS!!!!!!!!!!! Good lord.........
edit on 9-9-2011 by greenWeenie because: (no reason given)

Any of these polls will do

www.realclearpolitics.com...

They are all scientifically conducted polls...using a RANDOM sample. Not an internet poll where motivation matters more than getting a good cross section of the population.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

So you didn't answer my question.

What will be your excuse when Ron Paul finishes 4th or worse in the primary...just like he did last time???

And please please please don't get all your information from the internet...good lord.

I think a lot has changed since "last time" and neither you nor I know who will place where.

I trust ATS 1000x over any nightly Propaganda Cast. Here you will have balancing voices pointing out all angles and biases vs the Propaganda Casts reality control. The CFR set out to control all the major media decades ago, now they have control on just about everything you read, watch, or hear on media.

I know it pays peoples paychecks, but we are more mind controlled than the USSR ever was, especially because most refuse to admit it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join