It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone ACTUALLY support this "Perry" guy?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by links234
Sooo...I still can't find a single person who supports this guy. Even on the internet.

Who are these people being polled and saying he's great?
Sort of like Mitt Romney, his support is probably from those who don't use much internet, or who are more likely to isolate themselves on websites that hare highly like-minded. I know our Governor threw in support behind him, and Gindall's getting elected again, if he runs. So, he's probably going ot get some support in our state from that. Just haven't met anyone who is interested in him more than Ron Paul.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The man is a snake. I get a gut feeling that the man is not to be trusted. Why, I don't know but the media has decided that he is the one, well I stopped listening and trust the media. They supported Obama and now they are waving the Perry flag. As to who would be the right President for the US, I have no clue.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grumble
reply to post by Carseller4

How about Adolf Hitler? Would you support Hitler vs. Obama?

Where does this intense hatred come from? Be honest.
In this scenario, KNOWING what Hitler is, I'd reelect Obama in a heartbeat. No question, hands down, keep the KNOWN monster out of office.

Before Hitler showed his true hand? He spewed hate because it was acceptable. If he grew up here, he'd have learned that you have got to sugar-coat everything you say with hope and unicorns, just like Obama. I'm not sure I would be able to tell the difference in their campaigns, in all honesty. Then I'd have the potential for 2 people who are about the same level of rhetoric, with dissenting worldviews from mine, without proof of what evil they'd like to commit, I think I'd have a really hard time, in all seriousness. What evil Hitler did show before he went off the deep end was acceptable to the culture he was seducing.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Velocismo
Sunni are the "good" muslims... Shiite are the nutballs who think their version of the Koran is the "correct" one as they have edited to be that way... Just like Christians.
Continually lumping all Christians together will NOT make you right.

Sunis believe THEY ARE RIGHT for what they believe, as they have interpreted everything they read and hold dear. Atheist believe THEY ARE RIGHT for what they believe, as they have interpreted everything they read and hold dear. There is NO POINT in believing in something that you don't think your right on.
Heck, you even believe YOU ARE RIGHT for what you believe, as you have interpreted everything you've looked at and hold dear. There's much more accurate ways of expressing this without coming across as being as HATEFUL as you believe Christians are.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red"Bush is a Liberal" (and you voted for him TWO times )
If Bush is liberal, what does that make you?
Since there has NEVER been a candidate who 100% matches up with the vast majority of the people who voted for them, this is a very illogical question.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550 I do care if you decide that you should put legislation in place to allow or disallow me from doing any of the above. I do not want to spend anytime waiting for you to ask that I pray with you (though watching a crowd do that is amusing, it is surprising how many people take that opportunity to pick their noses, no ones looking I guess). I don't want you to assail may kids with silly thoughts in schools -- they would only laugh when you got to the jesus rode a dinosaur part -- people really believe that -- really?

So the bottom line is you think that a lot of what I believe is just flat out wrong and I believe that a lot of what you believe is just flat out bizarre. We both live under this government -- so the rule says that the least common denominator is what covers all ideologies and that least common denominator is --- in anything that we are all sharing -- the public space -- we are religion neutral -- I am 1000% good with that. Covers me all my friends of different faiths and lack of faith.

Why do christians keep having to have it all -- isn't enough that I help pay for your churches.
edit on 9-9-2011 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)
That's a lot of assumptions about me right there. This is EXACTLY why I posted that comment.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by LorraineRKO
reply to post by Velocismo

Hopefully people (republicans) research this guy before they jump on the Perry bandwagon. He claims that the car bomb that went off in Juarez Mex. happened in El Paso.
iphone.ktsm.com...

Seems to me like he is going to prey on fear as usual. Aren't republicans tired of being lied to or scared into voting for someone?

Depends on what you mean by "prey on fear".
Seems to me you are merely trying to ignore the fact that El Paso, a US city, is the official sister city of the most dangerous place in the world, even more dangerous than Bahgdad.
I am originally from El Paso and I know that rounds from the Juarez drug wars have actually made it past the river and into the walls of El Paso City Hall.
But maybe this is nothing we should be concerned with, let us just stick our heads back in the sand.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

I think you were reading way to heavily into what i typed...

I was just drawing a paralel between the different sects of Islam and the same can be said of Christianity.. no hate speach in there at all...

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Velocismo
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

I think you were reading way to heavily into what i typed...

I was just drawing a paralel between the different sects of Islam and the same can be said of Christianity.. no hate speach in there at all...
The thing is that you differentiated between ISLAM and ISLAM, and then just said CHRISTIANITY not verses anything. Some of that was assumption on my part--most the people who would state it in that pattern that I meet mean ALL Christianity, not that there's some Christianity like this. All it would have taken for you to not have "too much read in it" would have been to add the word(s) "some/many/most/a few" to modify Christianity, because in English, without that, it means Christianity as one unit, just like Sunis are 1 unit.

think about how English is set up. Let's say you used the word "Them" instead of Christianity. "Them" modifies the last subject mentioned, which is a segment of Islam that is very...militant. this isn't Greek/Hebrew where the He/she/it does not have to be for the last person mentioned.

I should have just assumed that your English wasn't going to make sense to me...and asked you to clarify. That is my fault.
edit on 19-9-2011 by CynicalDrivel because: forgot "

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

I'll admit that when UTEP and the City offices received gunfire from Juarez I was worried for a couple of days that the violence from Juarez may hurt or kill someone here. This man who is the Texas governor claiming more than once that a car bomb has gone off in El Paso in order to put down the Obama administration's policy on border security is to me "preying on fear".

Regardless of Juarez being a "sister city" to El Paso it is ANOTHER country. It's embarrassing that he said it and as I stated in my post as well, I hope people take time to research and find out what this guy is about before they jump on his bandwagon.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join