It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone ACTUALLY support this "Perry" guy?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Velocismo

Hopefully people (republicans) research this guy before they jump on the Perry bandwagon. He claims that the car bomb that went off in Juarez Mex. happened in El Paso.
iphone.ktsm.com...

Seems to me like he is going to prey on fear as usual. Aren't republicans tired of being lied to or scared into voting for someone?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by links234

Originally posted by Velocismo
I think its fair to say that most if not the majority of ATS members are Liberal/Dem

I think you and I are reading different forums then. The most popular threads, particularly in the US Political Madness forum are Obama bashing threads or Ron Paul worshipping threads.

Hmm.
As far as i see it, people who seem to think Obama hasnt done a good job at all and see Ron Paul as the correct choice... Republican and Democrats.

This frothing at the teeth hate for anything "other party" seems to be really pushed by what we see on the TV. You talk to normal people and they can see the pros and cons of each side, picking one that will help the COUNTRY and not the political party.

We see it more and more. A political party will literally say "we need to do this in order to regain power"... has nothing to do with "we need to do this in order to steer this country towards a common good"

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

This frothing at the teeth hate for anything "other party" seems to be really pushed by what we see on the TV. You talk to normal people and they can see the pros and cons of each side, picking one that will help the COUNTRY and not the political party.

TV? How about division and hate expressed by the likes of Rush, Sean, Ingraham, OReilly, Levin, Hewitt, Authur, Beck, Coulter, Savage and the rest of AM talk radio host. Do they seem to be trying to bring Americans together, "steering us to a common good" or driving us further apart?

I'm finding it hard to trust you............

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 14-9-2011 by whaaa because: t4t

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
TV? How about division and hate expressed by the likes of Rush, Sean, Ingraham, OReilly, Levin, Hewitt, Authur, Beck, Coulter, Savage and the rest of AM talk radio host. Do they seem to be trying to bring Americans together, "steering us to a common good" or driving us further apart?

haha! nicely done.
Ive overheard the AM radio people and the things they say... well you can totally tell they just say the rediculous crap they do say just for "ratings" or the Howard-Stern shock value. Being a sound bite seems to be more important than having something worth saying

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Supposedly Perry lied to America about taking only $5000 from Merke (hpv vaccine company) as campaign contributions, turns out he took $400,000.

www.economicpolicyjournal.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
$400,000??

I heard $28,000... I loved his comeback after being asked about it "if you think i can be bought for only $5,000 you're wrong!"

Something like that. My first response was "yeah, it would take alot more than that wouldn't it..."

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Every politician should be forced to wear corporate logos on their suits depending on who sponsors them.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Its funny that no one has really come out in support of this guy in this thread yet...

And he is going to be your next President... Weird.

I don''t really like the guy but when the time comes, I will support him because he can really fix Obama's MASSIVE blunders.
This guy has all the experience people are asking for in a candidate, whether they choose to admit it or not.
But until that time comes, I will forget about loon factor and give Ron Paul one chance, and only one chance, in the primaries.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

haha! nicely done.
Ive overheard the AM radio people and the things they say... well you can totally tell they just say the rediculous crap they do say just for "ratings" or the Howard-Stern shock value. Being a sound bite seems to be more important than having something worth saying

Ahh but that's the beauty of talk radio.
If you feel they are not being truthful you have every right to call in yourself and defend your idealogies.
They always welcome calls from libs.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

See this is where the politican lines blurr and sometimes common sense kicks in.

I think i would be a "republican", i work in the oil sector, i drive a jacked up 2008 4x4 (haha!) , i support a womans right to chose but not cool with gays marrying, Im not bothered by guns but dont have any, I support small, fiscially responsible government, i support tighter control on immigration. and ofcourse... less bloody taxes, world wide.

Calling someone a liberal (in my part of the country) is kin to an insult. I think it means different things in Canada and the USA.

But when listening to the EXTREME AM Radio talk show hosts you really gotta shake your head at the lengths they will go to just say something to make the phones ring.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Sometimes a picture is worth more than 1,000 words.

edit on 16-9-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Speaking as a Texan I have never supported Perry he's a fraud and a typical opportunist and so no different from Obama and the rest.Ron Paul is our best bet for some common sense in government but the MSM and all the power players are ranged against him so it's gonna be an up hill battle.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Americans sure love their corn dog pictures... I dont get the fascination.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar

Originally posted by Sundowner

Originally posted by Pervius
The Catholic Church doesn't say squat about some evil research into military technology, polluting the world creating it..using it...because in the end they want to be the last left standing.

Replace the Catholic Church with the Perry guy. Great evil will be done to keep the ship afloat.

It's just human nature.

If Perry is elected there will be a Billion dead Chinese. They know what's coming.

Explain that last part about the billion dead Chinese. What am I missing?

More like millions (more) of dead brown people. Face it, most Americans like seeing a dead brown body. The military has quite a bit of support here. Well, except my household where we would spit on anyone wearing camo if they have served a term overseas where they don't belong. If they spent their time guarding the border I'd cook them dinner instead.

Really??!!!??
The term Turd comes to mind after reading this.

No, American's don't like nor enjoy anyone dead, regardless of color, sorry but you are wrong.
Go crawl back under your rock.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by AP-Chris

Originally posted by HauntWok
reply to post by Velocismo

Perry is what happened when they cloned a hybrid of Dick Cheney and George Bush and let it loose on the world to torment the innocent.

But the TEA Party loves him cause you know, he's effing insane and all.

Actually the tea Party did not support him in the Primary race for Governor. They supported a woman, I forget her name, but she was smeared and taken down because she said 9/11 should be looked into some more.

No one really wants Perry, even in Texas.

They sure do push him in the media though and on "conservative" talk radio here in Texas.

Nevermind he presided over the largest tax increases in Texas history, the largest attempted land grab in history, forced vaccinations of girls, total silence on Ramos and Campeon, failing to secure the Texas border with Mexico... I could go on but why? Doesn't appear anyone on ATS needs convincing that he's crap.

Someone who actually looked into it.
Thank you.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Originally posted by sayiamu
(I meant Santorum) Running or not ..its the ideas that these candidiates are offering, that are pointing towards a solution...... to this mess we're in ..that I am enjoying ...

Perry and Romney are definitely "winners" in my book ..... candidates that can LEAD us through the valley..
edit on 13-9-2011 by sayiamu because: (no reason given)

Except that Romney's healthcare plan is pretty much exactly the same thing as Obama's healthcare plan...but somehow his plan is good, while Obama's is bad.

And like I've mentioned above, given how much both Romney and Perry domonstrably lie, I wouldn't hold my breath

Sorry, but don't ALL politicians lie?
Lets not make special exceptions here.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I love hearing the term "hate" redefined as anything opposing your own view point.

Funny. Uneducated... But funny.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Ugh, Perry. My uncle did, that is in till after the Florida debates(Can't remember what turned him). I know most of the people in Austin TX don't support this guy, I think he only has his support from the Neo-cons, and I think they only support him because CNN and MSNBC bash him every chance they get.

Like after the Regan library debates, the spin room crew spent 1:30 analyzing what Perry meant by ponzi scheme and how it would effect him. Then 10 minuets of Hermain Cain and how he had a solution to make the Debates more fair(Gotta love that guy always with a solution) and another 10 minuets of Ron Paul and how he got Rick on Hilary care, so when they were talking about other candidates it was mostly what they themselves had to say about Rick Perry. So just because the liberal media hates him the Conservatives and Republicans jump on that bandwagon without realizing how corrupted he is. Its almost like a... Conspiracy.

You know what I want see? I straw poll in Texas to see who would come out on top, I bet my bottom nut Ron Paul would come out on top. That would definitely hurt Rick Perry to see he doesn't even have support from his own state.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by Carseller4

I will support no one next year.

Don't vote for someone just because they can beat Obama. You might regret the policies you see.
Heck, that's why Obama got elected in the first place.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by Grumble
reply to post by Carseller4

How about Adolf Hitler? Would you support Hitler vs. Obama?

Where does this intense hatred come from? Be honest.

Obama has had 4 years to make improvements and all he has done is make it twice as bad.

For the sake of accuracy, President Obama has been in office for 2 years, 7 months, 22 days...but hey, who's counting, right?
It just feels like 4 years.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join