It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breakings news: FBI confirms CREDIBLE ALQUAEDA THREAT on 9/11 anniversary

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
CNN just announced the confirmation
Car bombs in New york and Washington might happen
and the feds just listenned to a phone conversation confirming the fact (ya right)

False flag anyone ? .. or real Alquaeda agents hidden cells

Lets keep updating if the threat is that much credible
10 yrs anniversary would be the perfect number just before 2012
i think something will really happen this time ..not a prediction ..
just something about the timing of the event

Washington and NewYork should be avoided for this weekend

Heightened security was visible in New York City and Washington Friday, as intelligence officials worked to pin down information about a potential al Qaeda threat coinciding with the 10th anniversary of the September 11 terrorist attacks.

Police checkpoints jammed Manhattan streets following reports of a potential vehicle-borne strike, causing traffic delays throughout the city.

"We have received credible information very recently about a possible plot directed at the homeland that seems to be focused on New York and Washington, D.C.," a senior administration official told CNN.

The official said the plot was believed to involve three individuals, including a U.S. citizen. U.S. officials believed the threat was a vehicle laden with explosives, but "the intelligence picture is not completely formed," the official said. "Not enough is known about the potential operatives and their plotting."

The threat is believed to entail a vehicle bomb, but "we cannot rule out other means," a U.S. official said.

U.S. Vice President Joe Biden weighed in Friday, saying the information was derived off information gleaned from the May raid against former al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden.

U.S. ramps up security in face of 'credible' 9/11 threat

edit on 9/9/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Could you supply a few more details about how this is now actually confirmed?

I don't happen to be listening to CNN at the moment!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
reply to post by Ben81

Could you supply a few more details about how this is now actually confirmed?

I don't happen to be listening to CNN at the moment!

The breaking news on TV happened 5 minutes ago about the cars bombs
but it look like the main link has been updated
i will edit the OP

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
newyork.cbslocal.com...

Its on CNN and most of the msm as well. Suitcase nuke, or just a conventional bomb? Guess we all need to remain vigilant during these next few days in case something happens. We want to be able to know what happened without the msm brainwashing us by repeating certain images and key words like they did on 9/11

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
BBC News

Was on BBC news also.

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
False flag most likely. People are starting to complain about how long the war is lasting and how much it's costing us. The war machine wants this war to keep going on because they are making too much money to want it to stop.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

U.S. Vice President Joe Biden weighed in Friday, saying the information was derived off information gleaned from the May raid against former al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden.

U.S. ramps up security in face of 'credible' 9/11 threat

So they have known about this since May, they even apparently even know who is supposed to do it, and they haven't already found them and banished them to Guantanamo?

Of course it;s a false flag.....

edit on 9-9-2011 by webpirate because: formatting

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadmessiah
newyork.cbslocal.com...

Its on CNN and most of the msm as well. Suitcase nuke, or just a conventional bomb? Guess we all need to remain vigilant during these next few days in case something happens. We want to be able to know what happened without the msm brainwashing us by repeating certain images and key words like they did on 9/11

I just had the same though about hiding a nuke in a van
of course it would be planned a long time ago or is already placed
waiting for a phone call or a certain date (9/11)

both cities are so secure now that if something happen .. someone didnt do their jobs
or someone inside let them in for a hidden purpose ..
if there is a planned attack .. several cars bomb already parked or not will explode
i dont see any other way

If planes crashing on skyscrapers happen again
destroying the whole building with a single hit
people will not buy it this time

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Of course it;s a false flag.....

And another convenient excuse to detain and harass the many 911 truthers and others who will surely be flocking to ground zero to spread the truth. They've been planting stories for years now warning us the next attack will be done by westerners, and not the cowboy types.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Sorry but I think it is a bunch of rubbish!

So the Government has known since May but did not say a word about it until yesterday? Does anyone actually believe that to be true?

Seems to me it is just an excuse to get people used to checkpoints and being searched randomly all in the same of "keeping us safe".

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
It makes me wonder when I read things like this: Nambian Beach

These terror attacks do not really worry me when I consider the big picture. Sure, anyone can kill others, anyone can blow a building up. But a few men with bad intentions cannot destroy an entire country in the manner they are attempting as others seem to make it appear. Sure, anything that they are able to pull off would be a tragedy, but at the end of the day the only thing they will end up doing is just pissing us off and painting a target on their forehead.

edit on 9-9-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Since the FBI now confirms this, we should all hide in our bunkers!!

Seriously though, Im with the other posters that believe this will be a false flag operation. And by chance if there are terrorist cells here ready to attack, they sure wont attack NYC or DC. They will attack somewhere else while everyone's attention is focused elsewhere IMO....
edit on 9/9/11 by kennylee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
they need a new threat to keep everyone afraid. i wouldn't be surprised if it involves "homegrown terrorism". convincing everyone that their neighbor might be a terrorist, especially if they have pro constitution bumper stickers and guns.

9/11 showed that fearful americans will give up rights, but this time they need something that will last longer and be closer to home. this will bring a new round of warrant-less wiretaps and searches while everyone convinces themselves that only terrorists are being searched and hauled off.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

It's definitely an excuse to harass people. If you were a real terrorist agency bent on creating terror in the American public, then put car bombs in Eau Claire, Wisconsin, or Billings, Montana, or North Platte Nebraska. Better yet all 3.

The above posters are correct, there is way too much security in NY and Washington for a podunk network of terrorists who's leadership has been decimated to pull off.

If you want to spread terror spread it around to the real hearts of America, not secure fortresses who if penetrated would HAVE to mean insider information was used to accomplish the feat.

edit on 9-9-2011 by webpirate because: completed thoughts....

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
After hearing and reading about this the following can be stated:

Who is really going to believe this threat? After all for the past 10 years, it has always been either the highest state of alert or a heighten state of alert no matter where you go. And consider if you fly or travel in the US via either the airways or by bus, or even train, it has always been this way for years. So as the op has questioned, and so must we all ask, is this threat credible?

The war on terror has been lost, we lost it 10 years ago, when the country demanded action, and go it, the country lives in fear, and it just keeps getting worst. Al Queda, accomplished its over all goal, that is to cause fear and panic in the US, and that they did. The only question is will this stop you from living or going on with your lives?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
well i guess..... TACTIAL NUKE INCOMING!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
So what do you want the FBI to do, not tell anyone?

I don;t get how all of your guys are calling a false flag already and nothing has happend (yet)

I for one is happy they are telling people, and are trying to do something about it.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The real terror here is NOT from militant Islamic extremists. It's from an overbearing government who is just looking for some excuse to exercise complete control over it's citizens.

Roger Waters was correct as it shows in my signature....

"Terror is still terror, whosoever gets to frame the rules.
History's not written by the vanquished or the damned
Now we are Genghis Khan, Lucretia Borgia, Son of Sam"

rw- leaving beiruit
edit on 9-9-2011 by webpirate because: (no reason given)

link   
This was breaking this morning on Sky News in the U.K, although they didn't mention the means of the attack.

I guess it would make sense for terrorists to re-visit the place of their crime, considering security will be at at its highest due to all the commemeration ceremonies??

edit on 9/9/11 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

link   
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If planes crashing on skyscrapers happen again destroying the whole building with a single hit people will not buy it this time

Don't bet on it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join