It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Given up on dating? I have...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by beammeup

I'd be interested in hearing the unconcentrated version

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Back in college, I arrived as a virgin, and went absolutely insane bedding as many wenches as possible. Every relationship I had with "the ladies" turned into a gut-wrenching heart break.

I swore off women for about 5 years. Sure enough, they started coming 'round, looking me up.

Things got a lot better...when.....

....not trying to force my worldview on anybody, but for religious reasons, when I started dating I made it a rule to keep sex out of it and "wait for marriage."

not only my wife of a decade and a half, but the few women I met before her generated much more positive, affirming relationships. In my personal case, sex kept ruining everything.

The tension of "we want to, but we can't!" kept things hopping and popping while the relationship lasted. I think that back in the old days some couples may have been happier because they developed the relationship on the basis of personality and shared values and dreams, instead of on sensuality alone.

Anyway, it worked for me. The wife and I've been happily married for 15.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

My thoughts on dating. I don't know bro, I think dating is a way to find out how much you don't have in common with you date. And as such its better on paper and in theory then it would be in real life and actuality.

I think you should just do what men have done for eons and eons and flip a coin, take a drink of that beer and just get over with it with any means at your disposal because either way its going to suck, and either way you will have to pay and live with it. All that love mambo jumbo is all just a big conspiracy that females created to keep there options open, I am pretty sure it does not exist, or at least it does not exist to the extent that everybody says it does, or says that its supposed to.

So as I see it, you should of gave up all hope on dating and whatever other stuff long ago, why it took you so long only you know the details.

I used to think that females were all crazy. And when I grew up and got a little smarter and I knew they were all crazy. And now that I have gotten even more smarter and more grown up, I think were all crazy. And soon I think I will know were all crazy.

But then again maybe there is something to this whole thing that there is somebody out-there for everyone. But me thinks it just "crazy" finding the right kind of "crazy" in this crazy world. As such it gets translated into finding the right one.

To tell you the truth I don't know why your whining, being single is way better, you get to play all the video-games you want 24/7 till your eyes bleed, and do anything else you want to do...Such as doing absolutely nothing, and even staring at the grass as it grows all day long during your free time. And you have a lot less pressures on you, and all kinds of time that you just don't know what to do with.

But they say misery loves company.

And so ever notice that people only really think about mating and love when there felling miserable? There is a more then one reason for that, of which I can tell you. But its up to you to find out your reasons for it, just like everybody else.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Thanks for the good thread, man. I am with you completely. Although my situation is getting worse - even friends that think are hard to come by. Maybe I should move to a bigger city where eople are more open-minded...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

It always seems to end in a misunderstanding...communication is the key.

CJ

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
My problem with dating is finding a woman over the age of 20 who doesn't have kids.
I want to date a woman not join a family.
Breaking up with someone is bad enough but breaking up with a little kid who never know his daddy and looks at you like you're the is down right soul destroying.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

And even when you find the right one - there is always this possibility...

CJ

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I haven't read all the replies, but the few I did seemed to hit the target well.

I have pretty much written off dating. All the men I meet are immature and materialistic. Most of the men I know are in relationships with women who treat them like crap. Do men and women just like to be treated badly?
I sure don't. I don't want the drama. I used to hang out with a girl who had men falling all over her. She said her secret was to treat them like crap and it keeps them coming back for more. Thanks, but I want to be treated as kindly as I treat others.

Another problem I have is that all the guys I start dating just want to text. I hate texting! It's so impersonal. Whatever happened to just calling and talking on the phone? I think texting is fine so you can tell someone you're running a few minutes late, but texting to communicate/talk? I'm only in my early thirties, but that's something I'll never get into.

Then, there's the men who just want sex or are too clingy. It's hard to find a guy that's in the middle of the road between these two types. I'm quite happy only seeing someone once or twice a week until we decide we're compatible.

Then, there're the guys I meet who are into swinging. No, thanks. Not interested.

One of these days I hope the guy of my dreams bumps into me at the grocery store, but until then, I'll try to enjoy my single lifestyle.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctornamtab
reply to post by MzMorbid

Hahaha yeah definitely a TON of bros out there. Rhyming" douche" with "mousse". Hilarious! Brilliant!

ATS needs a dating section

I agree!!

Seriously, I would LOVE to see ATS open a dating section...

afterall, most of us ATS'ers have more in common with each other than people in our physical lives. I'd love to meet a guy on here.

At least we'd be guaranteed some type of conversation, instead of what we get in our physical world

(Hello. What you doing? .....silence........ You like Lil' Wayne's new song?................silence.....................how many kids you got?.............silence................So can I come over?)

How can we get that going?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
both sexes are crazy, actually humans in general. the whole world has been crazy since it started up 4 billion years ago.
edit on 23-9-2011 by vagabond50 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join