It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biologists baffled by unusual whale behaviour

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Biologists baffled by unusual whale behaviour

www.abc.net.au

Marine biologists are baffled by a change in the behaviour of whales visiting Victorian bays this year.

The Dolphin Research Institute says a number of humpback whales remained in Western Port and Port Phillip bays throughout the migration season instead of travelling north.

Institute spokesman Jeff Weir says scientists are unsure what has caused the change in their migration pattern.

He says they also saw the animals competing for the first time off Mount Martha and Mornington.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.discoverherveybay.com

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
hmm considering the whales are migrating north to the equator before our summer im wondering if this could be global warming related

the first additional article states: Most humpbacks will have left the Queensland coast by the beginning of November.
which is near the end of spring. still very hot compared to antartica so im assuming heat has something to do with it

im also wondering about humans effects on the ocean lately with constant poisoning, radiation, oil spills, over fishing, reef destruction..
they say it could be because whales numbers are on the rise but other fishes are going down so youd think they would travel to the reef because life is more abundant

www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Probably HAARP and submarines and the associated low frequency communications is causing it.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymouth

not sure about all but most australian subs would be pretty far away

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Could it also have anything to do with the quality of the water in the northern hemisphere? It has been degrading steadily.. and the BP/Corexit fiasco can't help much... maybe the plankton in the north tastes bad now. Nuclear waste from Fukushima in the water? Who knows... all I can speculate is there are a lot of things we don't know... despite the expertise thrown at us everyday by the talking heads and pre-packaged news releases.

Hopefully they'll figure it out and it won't be more fodder for the doomsayers... although judging by the preferred reporting model we have been seeing...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Could it also have anything to do with the quality of the water in the northern hemisphere? It has been degrading steadily.. and the BP/Corexit fiasco can't help much... maybe the plankton in the north tastes bad now. Nuclear waste from Fukushima in the water? Who knows... all I can speculate is there are a lot of things we don't know... despite the expertise thrown at us everyday by the talking heads and pre-packaged news releases.

Hopefully they'll figure it out and it won't be more fodder for the doomsayers... although judging by the preferred reporting model we have been seeing...

yeah thats what i thought in my comment, it doesnt take long from that water to get down here either so its very possible

one thing i know is that the reefs they were ment to be going to are constantly decreasing in health

i dont think its doomsday for us but probably another piece in the doomsday for our oceans

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I think it could be the Earths magnetic field which is due a shift. Perhaps it might start effecting animals migration routes and navigation.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by UniverSoul

I think it has to do with upgrades in frequencies the planet as a whole is receiving. Least this is what is known in the Ascension process. It's like a DNA upgrade, while humans who are open to it may receive increase in psychic abilities, it is possible animals are also receiving the same upgrade, thus making them smarter. If that is the case, perhaps they know something we do not?

It is interesting indeed.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I don't blame them. The recent disaster in Japan has all kinda garbage heading towards the west coast of US via Alaska. That big ocean circle current Whatitsname is probably bringing the stink of all the toxic chemicals from the back flush of the Tsunami ahead of the garbage. Maybe the fishies are thinking pee yew, its beginning to stink and well settle here this year thank you very much.

Radioactivity is invisible to the senses by the way.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Cthulu scared them off lol just kidding. But ya this is pretty strange since im guessing it would take a pretty big natural shift or something to make whales change a pattern they've been following for a long time.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
It's like they know. What, I have no idea but it is strange. Global shifts, pollution, global warming? I can never get that Star Trek movie out of my mind when I think about these beautiful animals. Thanks for posting. I do hope the Japanese whaling fleet is too concerned with domestic problems this year to do any research .

top topics

join