It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happens When TSHTF And ATS Goes Down?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

Bring back some memories??

Yes! Especially Smokey and the Bandit. I was living just north of Palm Beach, close to the Burt Reynold's Ranch in Jupiter when they filmed the second movie. When I watch it, I can recall being nearly everywhere they shot. Good times.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Didnt read all the replys but maybe they would set up a numbers station of some sort. Or maybe a pirated radio station? Heres a link on number stations i've never heard one but when I go on road trips and my kids are sleeping and im bored i scan my am hoping to catch one.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
ATS and similar communities have only made it more convenient for me to spot conspiracy. I have always seen through the media's predictive programming, and I suspect that is the case for most of us. Therefore if ATS is killed, I will have my pre-internet abilities, along with my newly acquired knowledge to apply to any given situation.

A simple way to do completely without the internet is given in this example:

“BREAKING: Aliens Replace Ozone Layer and Fix Global Climate Change and Kill all the Terrorists!”

Imagine this popping up on IATS (imaginary ATS), then imagine all the different responses. What would 'UserName' say? What would the logical people say? What would the Davidickeish people say? What would the sceptics say? What would the trolls say? What would the clever funny man/woman say?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I think the best thing we can all do is pray and hope for the best.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
As long as we have electric we
can use Ham radios (we have
3 or 4 as my boyfriend is an
operator) and 2 way radios
for short distances. Other than
that we will be busy trying to
survive so our time will be well
spent.

With that said I am a newshound
and would miss the quick breaking
news we get at ATS versus msm.
edit on 9-9-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Better have that knowledge learnt!

Do not rely to heavily on electronics you will
lose your grassy knoll roots.

There will not be any gadgets in SHTF.

Print the information and learn it now while
the internet is working just fine.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Nothing perceptible will change in my life.

ATS is a very, very small part of my life. One of MANY sites I use to gather info. My life goes on.

For anyone whose life would come to an end or drastically change should re-evaluate their priorities.

If the SHTF then things would change for sure depending on the severity.

If it's a total meltdown then I would be busy enough caring for & harvesting animals, tending crops, cutting firewood, making sure my location is secure and doing day to day chores to worry about some internet site.

If an internet site is a high priority then you have yours out of order.
edit on 9-9-2011 by mwood because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Food for thought: We should set up an alternate "rendezvous" thread location.

At one time I was well entrenched in a great addictive "survivalist board community " The admin had contact with a "reloading" oriented board. We opened a thread in the "survival" section there. They left it open. When the survivalist home board server went down "survivalist board members"knew to check the "reloading board survival thread" for news and to"regroup".It helps calm the paranoia( "the goobermint" took the board down"aaaaiiiieeeee

In exchange Weoffered then a reciprocal courtesy.
No guys; stand down; the server crashed it'll be back by monday.
edit on 9-9-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I think I'm going to be to busy here on my farm to worry about ATS or any other site.. The important thing will be pulling the family together and working on all the supplies we have stored ..We all have bikes we can hop onto and get to know our neighbors better.. ATS has been a great place I've gathered alot if knowledge but ATS is the last place id worry about if TSHTF ..Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
I think I'm going to be to busy here on my farm to worry about ATS or any other site.. The important thing will be pulling the family together and working on all the supplies we have stored ..We all have bikes we can hop onto and get to know our neighbors better.. ATS has been a great place I've gathered alot if knowledge but ATS is the last place id worry about if TSHTF ..Peace,sugarcookie1

reply to post by sugarcookie1

Same! I have a self sustaining farm in the works. I have chickens and vegetables and fruit trees. Its going well so far! My neighbour does the same (except not organically grown). I know in a bad situation my family and neighbours would not starve. Neighbours will be valuable in the hypothetical world in which the SHTF.

One could Discuss ATS-like things in neighbourly community meetings!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden
Most of the people that frequent this website won't be prepared or knowledgeable enough to live in an emergency or wilderness environment.

i won't have to be. i'll just join a marauding band of bandits and go out looking for obama, hillary clinton and every senator and politician that caused the S to HTF.

then i'll offer an idea to rob them blind and make hamburger patties out of them.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Lets see ... Guns. 10,000 rounds of ammo. 1 year supply of food and water. Generator. 10 50 gallon drums of fuel. Entire ATS cached on several hard drives. Rockabilly collection on CD's.

I'll be fine.

Until the BATF, FBI, NSA, CIA ... etc, show up at my door tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
After securing gear and supplies, and communicating (if possible) with loved ones, I'll be getting to the proverbial "high ground".
Of course I'll be doing all this while jamming out to this song at full blast =)

Shed the weight of this world
The burden has been lifted
Let it all fall
Let it all fall

Set this world ablaze
We alone remain
Don't fear what awaits
We alone remain

edit on 9-9-2011 by Mellok because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-9-2011 by Mellok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
If ATS goes down there will be thousands of disturbed people looking for an outlet of their phobias and consiracies.

They'll go mad and the world will turn to normal

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Right now the Internet is tied in with Sales. It is one big revenue machine and the last thing that Obama could do if he wanted to is cut it off!

I think that he hopes for an outside event to knock it out, a CME perhaps, then he will have a redundant "look alike" that gets implemented with a "chip" feature!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
Food for thought: We should set up an alternate "rendezvous" thread location.

At one time I was well entrenched in a great addictive "survivalist board community " The admin had contact with a "reloading" oriented board. We opened a thread in the "survival" section there. They left it open. When the survivalist home board server went down "survivalist board members"knew to check the "reloading board survival thread" for news and to"regroup".It helps calm the paranoia( "the goobermint" took the board down"aaaaiiiieeeee

In exchange Weoffered then a reciprocal courtesy.
No guys; stand down; the server crashed it'll be back by monday.
edit on 9-9-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

I think that's a great idea. I know people who have mini-websites with forums and chat on sites like Ning, and possibly even Wordpress might work. I really don't know what is available out there because what time I do spend on the net is strictly for entertainment on my down time, which is getting less and less these days. I've never looked into the possibility of running a ning-type site because I don't have the time to manage it properly; however I'd be happy to become a member if someone else wants to give it a go.

The important thing, as you pointed out, is that we have a pre-arranged place to meet up and discuss whatever we need to discuss. All this is of course based on the assumption that for some reason, purposely, accidentally, or by an act of God, ATS is not available.

There are quite a few people on here whose opinions I value greatly, and some last minute advice on what to do when North Korean tanks start rumbling down my street, or lights in the sky start to "Rapture" us into the air would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
So many forms of SHTF it's impossible to even identify them all let alone be prepared. Reply on first page was spot on, taking down the dns servers was what they did when egypt went on their ride and the IT folks were the ones who had lists of ip addresses that allowed some communications and planning. But as a career communications contractor I wouldn't waste to much time worrying about the internet. If a nuke, emp or cme like in 1857 (the one that caused the only com lines to burst into flames on the poles) that nasa is warning us about hits the only non line of sight coms will be whatever few shortwave analog devices were shielded. If something happens as our infrastructure currently exists all the hubs and nodes of any towns network are only going to go as long as they have fuel for the generators so it wont matter if you have more fuel or solar for a laptop. Next time you have a storm or lose power for some reason drive around and you notice generators running off of propane chained to the dog houses or polls. There is usually one every 100-1000 houses. If you have cable internet and phone or something like uverse from att those will go first as soon as the inline amps lose power. If you are fortunate enough to still live in an unupgraded network with twisted pair analog then your coms could last as long as 911's. If you do have an old pots line might want to get another dial up account probably real cheap now for the old 56k modem.
edit on 10-9-2011 by ludshed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I for one would be really sad. Aside from that maybe a back up plan. But we only have ourselves when it comes down to it. I could live without electric and hot water, though that would not be my preference. Loss of communication with like minded people would be just that- a loss.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
we the people all cry and then begin to live a real life! *
Zipp

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I was playing with the idea of setting up an ATS ham net. With so many members surely we could keep it all together across the globe.

The trouble I ran into with the few participants who were on board is that once you know a call sign you know everything about that person. That lack of a personal buffer isnt too comforting for quite a few.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

If I might make a suggestion on this idea... Perhaps it would be just as important to simply get a specific frequency out as a piece of information everyone knows and has tucked away in a wallet or file cabinet somewhere in the event TSHTF. I'm probably not the only one with both scanner equipment and a ham radio in storage.

If things actually do fall apart, no one will be checking for licenses, but knowing the frequency that everyone pretty much had in mind before everything went south would be of considerable importance, I'm thinking. People can find ways to get on the air afterward. Is there a specific voice frequency you had in mind?

edit on 10-9-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join