It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

all hippies please read this

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
get a haircut and get a real job.......ok I'm done I wont add another word

promise
edit on 9-9-2011 by mikeybiznaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Cantmakedisup

Lol. Your name says it all. You just can't make this stuff up. Posts like the OP's are priceless

edit on 9/9/2011 by CastleMadeOfSand because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Man, I thought this was gonna be a good ol fashioned hippie hatin thread. Like we used to have in the 60's. Barking dogs, cops in helmets, the high powered "hippie hose". Man those were the days.

Those wistful, romantic days before Al Gore and his guilt trip. Before all those seal scrubbing losers saved us from the hole in the Ozone. How great was it before we knew how much we were sh*tting where we were eating. Man, it was so much nicer when environmentalists were hippies and you could stereotype them all as pot smoking, acid dropping love makers in blue tinted glasses and a hemp fiber poncho.

It just sucks so bad when scientists, politicians and other important influential, educated people remind us that we're part of an ecosystem. I hate being reminded that there are detemental, lethal consequences for our out of control industrial actions. Man, I wish we had the good ole days when we had no responsibilities to care for our only home. Its not like its ONLY HABITABLE F*CKING PLACE IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE!
edit on 9-9-2011 by doctornamtab because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CastleMadeOfSand

Haha thanks dude... but it is true. I don't understand how people think posting giant blocks of talking points could possibly do anything constructive. Oh well, at least there are some people on top of the ball

But seriously I just realized that in that yahoo page the currency marks are British and in the OP they are American. I would say that this piece of writing has been plagiarized. So sad.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
It is true that we cant control most of the myriad of influences on our climate yet we can attempt control of our own climatic influence. Even if natural emissions raise the co2 levels to where they would have been without our own attempts at curbing emissions we are still at a lower level of co2 than we would be without the controls in place.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
This is ridiculous. Just because some volcano is emitting C02, we should stop trying to take care of the planet?

Originally posted by Freedom_is_Slavery
I know, it's very disheartening to realize that all of the carbon emission savings you have accomplished while suffering the inconvenience and expense of: driving Prius hybrids, buying fabric grocery bags, sitting up till midnight to finish your kid's "The Green Revolution" science project, throwing out all of your non-green cleaning supplies, using only two squares of toilet paper, putting a brick in your toilet tank reservoir, selling your SUV and speedboat, vacationing at home instead of abroad, nearly getting hit every day on your bicycle, replacing all of your 50 cents light bulbs with $10.00 light bulbs...well, all of those things you have done have all gone down the tubes in just four days.

All of these things you mentioned are still beneficial, even if C02 levels are not important.

1. driving Prius hybrids
Saves money and since it uses less fuel, it releases fewer toxins into the air, ones which are harmful to people

2. buying fabric grocery bags
Saves trees that help prevent erosion, also, paper mills release dangerous pollutants like dioxins.

3. sitting up till midnight to finish your kid's "The Green Revolution" science project
I agree this is pointless, if you are doing it for your child, and not just helping them with it.

4. throwing out all of your non-green cleaning supplies
Natural cleaning products work just as well and are safer for us.

5. using only two squares of toilet paper
See no. 2

6. putting a brick in your toilet tank reservoir
Actually, a bottle filled with sand would be better, since bricks can disintegrate. Reducing water use saves money.

7. selling your SUV and speedboat
SUVs are completely unnecessary status symbols for most of the people that buy them. See no. 1 about fuel.

8. vacationing at home instead of abroad
People usually do this to save money, not to save the environment.

9. nearly getting hit every day on your bicycle
It's inexpensive, non-polluting, and good exercise.

10. replacing all of your 50 cents light bulbs with $10.00 light bulbs
It's convenient not having to change light bulbs all the time, saves money long term, and reduces the amount of trash in landfills.

Being environmentally conscious is not solely about C02 and global warming. It's about keeping this planet a healthy place for us and all life to live.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Im goin with snopes on this --

1 because I know what they are saying is true.
2 I am too lazy to argue with someone who got an email from his crazy teabag uncle.

message.snopes.com...

By the way -- it is obvious the OP dosen't know any thing about hippies (except for what he learned from the tea bag uncle).

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Wait i thought hippies were junkies who hopped festivals buying and selling drugs?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Astrithr

Yeah so many people want to reduce the environmentalist argument down to is CO2 good or bad. Is Climate change real or fake? Its stupid media perpetuating these false choices.

It doesnt matter if climate change is real or fake. Dont sh8t where you eat. Its that simple. Landfill and pesticides work their way back into the eco-system and into our food.

In the Middle Ages people sh8t where they ate. They got the plague. Now, we just move all the sh8t to one big landfill and expect the problem to go away? No, it wont. The whole Earth is our home. Its our duty to leave it in better condition for our children. OUR DUTY. Not a choice. A DUTY. Why? Because you treat everyone like you want to be treated. Even the generations that havent been born yet.

THATS the environmental movement. But it cant be argued from a pulpit or a tv news studio. You can't argue the fact that you dont sh8t where you eat. So they CREATE the argument to Global Waming: True or false? Its insulting to our intelligence.
edit on 9-9-2011 by doctornamtab because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by doom27

NO. We are not junkies. That would be analogous to me saying that all southerners are incestuous.
-Sure sometimes you'll find a hippie that has done far too many drugs and may be considered a junkie but more often than finding a hippie addicted to heroin, you will find one that stays current on world affairs, actively cares for the environment and likes to spread positive emotion and energy into the world around them.

NO. Not all of us sell drugs. That would be analogous to me saying that all rednecks sell guns.
-Yes some hippies sell drugs. BUT so do many other types of people. The hip hop and rap culture is fueled by rhetorical language that speaks about dealing heavy drugs, prostituting women, and using violence to settle petty personal quarrels.

SO sir, it would appear that you are incorrect. Most hippies are pretty smart, educated people.

I would also like to add that the OP (after having been deleted once by the mods) has now put up a link to an external sight that not only hours ago he plagiarized. The "source" that he links to, that at one point he claimed were his words, provides no links to back up its wild and unsubstantiated claims.

The OP also has not addressed either of these issues that I brought to light earlier in the day. It's sad that there are people STILL trying to refute what 95% of scientists agree on.

Peace, Love, and Harmony

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
A recent paper regarding Carbon Dioxide production was just released, comparing Human and Volcanic sources: Eos, Vol. 92, No. 24, 14 June 2011

See: www.agu.org...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom_is_Slavery

Hippies please read?!?!?

So if a sane person cares for the only place he/she can live, and does not want it polluted until one day those huge monstrosities of factories that make tons of useless crap make it so we cannot breathe one is a hippy?

What has happened to the way some people think?

Do you consider the Amish hippies?

So we keep adding to the problem then mother nature blows out even more and you think its ok that we added to the problem?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Just to clear a few things up this is not a thread to bash hippies,
I only used hippies because it's an attention grabbing title

The real targets are the climate nut jobs that think taxing the worlds population for something that is out of there control is a good idea, why bother making the people suffer by charging them more to live, when in one fell swoop the earth could plunge into an ice age tomorrow
The climate is always changing, always has always will,

Go plant a tree if your that worried hell go plant a hundred trees, that will do a hell of allot more than giving the gov more of your money,
But hey who am i to judge how you waste your money, just don't push you nut job taxes on the rest of us.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Victor03
reply to post by Freedom_is_Slavery

Wow i just laughed so hard!!! What a great post!! I agree with you 100%. I love talking with people that drink the enviro-green-freak coolaid. Watch or read about the experiment in canada where a community of hippies tried to live as not to disturb earrth mother gaia or the godly trees. They didnt last long. They eventually saw the retardedness of their ways. While you folks are on the web reading this hop over to youtube and laugh until you pass out at the hippies crying in the forrest and yelling at trees. Its hilarious.

Their intention is good, their ways are not thought out. These people are not mentally prepared to actually live off the grid. Though they try their efforts are nil. This is whats wrong with our system of culture, it does not allow for individuals nor groups of individuals to cut the metaphoric "imbilical cord." We are born in this system which is more addictive then the strongest dose of heiroin.

Nature WILL break you. Most people think, "o its what is natural, so it will be like second nature." You know when that thing called EGO speaks and tells you " I am man." Sure, in time you will grow accustme to nature, but it will take time. We don't get that we are so used to getting what we want NOW, fast food, fastest internet, fast athletes, fast money, fast cars. What we don't get is our time, man's time, is not nature's time.

We lost touch with nature a long time ago. We should really learn to respect it..

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join