It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

all hippies please read this

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

all hippies please read this

Who thinks that Global Warming is still a worry? Are you sitting down? Okay, here's the bombshell. The volcanic eruption in Iceland, since its first spewing of volcanic ash has, in just FOUR DAYS, NEGATED EVERY SINGLE EFFORT you have made in the past five years to control CO2 emissions on our planet

Check out the link to read the rest its worth it,
I just copied it from an email, but i found a copy at the link
Entire post was copied from here.
edit on 9-9-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/9/11 by Freedom_is_Slavery because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

im sick of people using this as justification for using fossil fuels
this is a natural procesess and we should allow room for it because if its natural it serves a purpose

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Freedom_is_Slavery

Wow and how many are smoken in Indonesia?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Wow i just laughed so hard!!! What a great post!! I agree with you 100%. I love talking with people that drink the enviro-green-freak coolaid. Watch or read about the experiment in canada where a community of hippies tried to live as not to disturb earrth mother gaia or the godly trees. They didnt last long. They eventually saw the retardedness of their ways. While you folks are on the web reading this hop over to youtube and laugh until you pass out at the hippies crying in the forrest and yelling at trees. Its hilarious.

link   
Star and flag for you, pal.

Despite my efforts to explain to people that Global Warning was a hoax and Al Gore was reaping the profits off peoples paranoia, I've been met with stupid looks and inept arguments. While having this conversation with my ex, she was so convinced it was real only because her college professor gave a seminar on the topic. (Which almost led me to the argument that some information in text books is censored/falsified, but I decided to save that argument for a later point in time) Had I seen this before, my opposition would have had better leverage. Thanks for clarifying this topic.

link   

I’m not a climate scientist nor am I particular advocate of man made climate change, I tend to take the position “I don’t know but I trust scientists more than some bloke on the internet”.

However I do think the OP makes a couple of fallacious arguments. First the statement that the Icelandic volcano negated efforts to curb CO2 emissions; the key factor in global warming is the aggregate increase in CO2 emissions over time, the Icelandic volcano may have increased CO2 emissions in that year but over time natural emissions will tend to average out so that the total CO2 level do not change drastically (some years have big eruptions, some don’t; there’s an equilibrium). Manmade emissions in contrast add to the total ongoing output.

Secondly the line…

Of course you know about this evil carbon dioxide that we are trying to suppress, that vital chemical compound that every plant requires to live and grow, and to synthesize into oxygen for us humans, and all animal life

…seems to suggest that if something is essential in one quantity it will do no harm at any quantity. This is of course untrue as anyone who has drank large amounts of salt water will know. Because CO2 is essential to life does not mean there cannot be too much of it.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

MMMMMkay BUddy! Listen here. Don't go trolling for fights with people who actually care about this planet. I don't know where you got that info from BUT since you didn't even link to one source I would have to say that you're full of it.

Second, It doesn't matter if what you say is true. Reducing your carbon foot print is good for this planet for a number of reasons. First off, carbon is a natural resource is that is quickly depleting. If you truly cared more about driving your car, than anything else, you would realize that gas is NOT going to be around forever, and when that day comes that all the pumps are dry, your going to be pretty pissed off. If you truly wanted to be able to live the same lifestyle forever that you do right now, you would realize that clean energy is not only cheaper than fossil fuels, but we WON'T RUN OUT OF IT. I mean seriously... humans will be long gone from this planet before we run out of solar power.

So it's cool man, don't provide any sources to back up your obnoxious claims, trash a group of people who actually give a damn, oh and you should definitely keep trolling for fight, that's a really good idea.

Peace, Love, and Harmony

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul

Originally posted by Freedom_is_Slavery
Link

im sick of people using this as justification for using fossil fuels
this is a natural procesess and we should allow room for it because if its natural it serves a purpose

Save the trees right,,, but live in a lumber house ?....Save the oil but drive an SUV and fly the friendly skies in a Corp. Jet?. Save the air but smoke pot and snort Coke? The body is a temple but inebriate it with alcohol? Women are equal until the lights go out?..................its cool man I feel ya. Just don't move out of your stick home and into a glass house, everybody will see you for what you are!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Cantmakedisup

Obviously you didn't read to the point where it says LINK

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I once talked to a man
I don't recall his name, or his position, but we had a nice conversation on global warming. And he asked me what what caused it.

So i talk to him about emissions from cars, and factories, and cow farts, what have you. But it doesnt make sense because he then said to me "It is impossible for Co2 to be in the air, as it is heavy and falls to the ground"

I'm not sure the authenticity of this claim, but perhaps it makes sense.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Hippies? I thought that was a derogoratory term used nowadays.

I have tried to find what Al Gore has been investing in over the past years but cannot find it. The way this cat has been raking in the big bucks shows me that maybe I should be taking advantage of it as well.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Its simply not true that volcanoes put out more co2 than us.

Man's emissions of CO2 from fossil fuel burning, cement production, and gas flaring alone not amount to 500 x 1012 mol yr-1 (Boden et al., 1990). Contributions from man's management of the biosphere (for example, deforestation) are less well known but potentially of the same magnitude. Thus man's activities replenish the atmospheric CO2 deficit by more than 45 times over. They are equivalent in terms of CO2 production to turning on about 17,000 additional Kilauea Volcanos or 350-700 additional mid oceanic ridge systems.
Annual anthropogenic CO2 emissions exceed annual volcanic CO2 by two orders of magnitude, and probably exceed the CO2 output of one or more super-eruptions.
Source:www.realclimate.org... Peer reviewed scientific paper

edit on 9-9-2011 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Me thinks that you have no idea what a hippie is.

I'm one of those and you are so far off that it's actually funny.

We just really care about our environment and are not afraid or ashamed to be outspoken about it. Regardless of the underlying reasons for what is happening to our planet, nature and us....if more people were actually a little more concerned and vocal, it might make a difference.

Don't have to be a hippie to see that.

We were Right!

Peace
edit on 9-9-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Thumbs way up OP. Just one suggestion, target environmentalists, not hippies.

I consider myself a hippy and it has nothing to do with my hybrid (which just helps me afford owning my gas guzzling 71 torino), or my love of the planet (which will take care of herself long after we are gone).

Other than that, fantastic thread.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
But where is the fun in continuing our destructive ways? There is no challenge in being lazy slobs, thats why we should continue to be eco friendly. Yes, yes, hippies will most likely take it to some sort of extreme, but they always fail cause they are smelly hippies.
And I also just realized that as the world's vegetation is being slowly eaten away by urbanization that those greenhouse gases really have no were to go

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I kind of see the point the OP is making and I do believe that there is over hyped info on global warming for some agendas/companies/people.

However, isn’t it like saying there is no point sending food aid to Africa as the majority will die of starvation soon anyway?

I get the point but surely it’s the attitude that matters - showing respect for our earth. Not by going "meh it’s not making a noticeable difference".
Good OP though, made me think.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Blame... the hippies!
While you're at it, why don't you blame Canada?

What a hoot.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by LestatG
I kind of see the point the OP is making and I do believe that there is over hyped info on global warming for some agendas/companies/people.

However, isn’t it like saying there is no point sending food aid to Africa as the majority will die of starvation soon anyway?

I get the point but surely it’s the attitude that matters - showing respect for our earth. Not by going "meh it’s not making a noticeable difference".
Good OP though, made me think.

when you get into the heart of the matter, people are paid to protest (mostly) the others want you to buy their product....Case in point ;;;;;;;; remember when Tylenol Extra Strength hit the market? an immediate attack on Aspirin ensued as the cause for promoting Rye Syndrome ......how many millions of people have taken Aspirin without contracting Rye Syndrome?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

THAT is NOT a link to a SOURCE... that link directs you to a yahoo answer page that has the SAME block of text that you posted in the OP.

Some would call that a fail. I call it lazy trolling.

EDIT: OH and that same block of text on the yahoo answer page was written 6 months ago. So either you are also plagiarizing someone else's words or you just like linking to a piece you wrote quite some time ago that still has no sources to back up the wild claims.
edit on 9-9-2011 by Cantmakedisup because: Realized yahoo answer page was written 6 MONTHS AGO... come on people, try a little.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
So basically what the OP is saying is that since a volcano erupted, we humans MUST stop caring about our planet. All solar power, hydroelectric, wind power, hydrothermal and other alternatives must cease because "a volcano erupted". Nice logic OP.

Hey guys.....a volcano erupted.........nevermind the environment, we now have a excuse to trash our only planet and spew more CO2 into the atmosphere because a volcano erupted. In fact, why don't we all just preemptively blow all the volcanoes around the world with bombs so we can feel better about the fact that "it's not us to blame"

I think the OP is more concerned with proving Al Gore wrong than he is about the actual effect of a large release of CO2 into the atmosphere.

...Biased much?
....me thinketh so

Edit: Not a single word of the OP's post is original. It's copied and pasted verbatim. Funny how I don't see any quotation marks anywhere. Goodbye thread. Goodbye Troll.

edit on 9/9/2011 by CastleMadeOfSand because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join