It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis misconceptions?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by stgeorge
Massed chariot armies? here we go again. Just how big were these armies? Did every man have a chariot? Or like the Knights of old,did only the Nobles have a steed or even armour?

are you so unfamiliar with the archaeology and history of these civilizations?

Like the Persian army that invaded Greece.

I actually didn't mention the persians but they did use scythed chariots

I think i might understand the issue here. You are taking up the word 'massed' perhaps? Well theegyptians maintained very large chariot armies, but thats not what I mean by massed, not massive. I mean that the war chariot was their main battle line or the 'center' of their armies, the thrust or what have you. You had said that chariots were only used for sport. Its simply untrue, irregardless of the size of particular armies at particular times.

The audience fell for it 90 years ago and so did you!

Apparently uou have fallen for your own ignorance of the subject. Ancient armies used chariots. After the bronze age this became less and less popular. The fact that you don't know this or that your 'second in command to yahweh/alien greys' don't know this hardly makes it untrue.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Princeton
has this information, which I think indicates that they have the text, or a copy of it or somesuch
HELLANICUS. Atlantis I
AM 4096; P.Oxy. VIII 1084: Frame 8
Published: Grenfell and Hunt, The Oxyrhynchus Papyri VIII (1911)
Oxyrhynchus, II A.D.
Upper margin 1.0 cm.
Papyrus
Greek
11.5 x 7.9 cm.
17 lines

anyway, this isn't definitive of course, since, as far as I have been able to gather, it doesn't, or at least the fragment remaining doesn't, explicitly mention atlantis.

See this.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Isn't japan called nippon by the japanese? Also, Pan is

[edit on 29-8-2004 by Nygdan]

Actually Pan came from the world PAN-TAT!

<< 1   >>

join