It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*snip*: Yahweh, created man whom is the Lord

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I was doing some research about the Lord, and i learned that Yahweh (YHWH) means "the Lord" in hebrew. As i was pouring over events in the bible for who knows how many times (i've lost count), i had a revelation, an epiphany of sorts. Every time i read the bible i learn something i missed from the time before.

We know that Jesus has been called "the Lord" many times by his disciples and apostles, and even today we reference him as "the Lord" our savior. There has been one and only one being referenced to as the Lord in all the bible and he was called Yahweh.

Stay with me now, what i'm going to reveal may stun some of you, and others may think me a heretic.

John the Baptist said "in the beginning there was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God". He later explains this by saying that Jesus (Yeshua) was the living Word made flesh and that he made the world, but was not of the world and he walked amoung his people and they knew him not, fulfilling Isaiah's prophecy of immanuel "God whom walks amoung us in the flesh".

It was Yahweh "the Lord" who created man, the Lord is none other than Jesus Christ. Yahweh was his pre-incarnate name, also known as "the angel of the Lord". Yes, what i am saying to you is that it was Jesus, or rather the being inhabiting Christ's flesh that created man.

Yahweh was the only one who could come to earth to save his people, Yahweh is our maker, but he is not the only God. There was another.

His name was El Sheddai which means "God Almighty" in hebrew or "the Most High God", and El Sheddai is he whom we refer to as God "the Father". Jesus is God "the Son" also known as Yahweh the Lord. It was not El Sheddai that created man, nor was it He that came to the world in the flesh because Almighty God's essence could not be contained in a man's flesh.

Jesus is our creator, he is the Word whom was with Yahweh and whom was Yahweh in the beginning. He delivered on his promise to save his people, and any who would believe in him, if only they could believe it. He built his temple in our hearts at his crucifixtion, so that we could carry him everywhere we go and speak to him whenever we wish.

edit on 9-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/9/2011 by maria_stardust because: Edited thread title. We do not limit thread participation to only a certain segment of our membership.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
All allegedly.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Its no longer a Christian only thread? oh thankyou....................

So there's more than one god, two infact, the son and the father two separate entities

And the father is more powerful than the son, and could (if he wanted to) kick Jesus's ass?

So you're now a Polytheist?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
El Shadiah is probably better understood as the demon lord, the ruler of the Jinn of pre-Islamic mythology, where they are the enemy of mankind and when they find the opportunity will kill as many people as possible.
They would roam about in the desert looking for victims and the lord of these demons ran across a fellow spirit in the Murderer/self appointed messiah, Moses.
edit on 9-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

He later explains this by saying that Jesus (Yeshua) was the living Word made flesh. . .
It says nothing like that in the text.
This is an interpretation and that is based on an interpretive style of translation where in this particular verse, the rules of translating from the Greek were suspended by the Bible version publishers in order to probably be able to sell these Bibles to church-going Christians.
The word translated as, made, is actually a word in the Greek which is used to convey the idea of a situation coming about, and is never used to describe something being made from one thing into another thing, and what is being described by this word is "the word" dwelling with man.
The other rule of translating from the Greek which was suspended for this particular verse is when you see the word, Logos, followed by another noun, you understand that this second word describes what sort of message it is. In this case, it is the message to flesh which normally means mankind, so you should end up with a translation that reads, "And it came about that the message of God to mankind dwelt among us."
edit on 9-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Great thread. You are correct on Jesus being the Word. John 1 reveals this. Later in John 1, Jesus is revealed as this Word. If you read the definition for LOGOS, this is the place where we find that LOGOS is the master story teller. Reality is a story with a beginning and an end. We are riding along the wave of time through the story.

John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Read my article on this here. LINK

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
Don't you think it is sad that the only way you can "prove" Jesus is God is by fudging around with the text and ignoring the context and what it means when you look at the original Greek?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

You wrote:

["If you read the definition for LOGOS, this is the place where we find that LOGOS is the master story teller."]

I'll give you the acclaim: The master story teller next to you. A star for your story-telling post.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Don't you think it is sad that the only way you can "prove" Jesus is God is by fudging around with the text and ignoring the context and what it means when you look at the original Greek?

No fudging necessary. Consult the Hebrew from the first four chapters of Genesis. This is the seed that is then grown through the rest of the Bible. The story is told there and then allows us to translate the rest by the seed of the root. The tree branches from this root. Read my thread below on this subject.

Agra Bio Linguistics

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

No fudging necessary.
I got this sort of reply from Lonewolf on another thread when I pointed out the deliberate mistranslation of John 1:14, that this is not the only verse that backs up the idea that Jesus is God.
Here is the evidence that this comment by him, and by now, you, is not true. He also used this on another thread, after I pointed out the problem to him of this translation. This IS the "best proof" (the deliberate taking out of context with the re-telling of the John One story) that is in the Bible, but it is only a sham.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil

You wrote:

["If you read the definition for LOGOS, this is the place where we find that LOGOS is the master story teller."]

I'll give you the acclaim: The master story teller next to you. A star for your story-telling post.

The story is told through the concrete world created by God. Nature reveals God. Nature is reflected in the root of our language. Hebrew, Aramiac and Greek come directly from Phoenician. These pictographs outline the "Story" of God and the story of the LOGOS (Word of God - Living Son of God). The story is clear. YHWH is clearly stated in pictographic format as "Behold the Hand, Behold the Nail." YHWH

See the story in order of the 22 letters of the Hebrew Aleph-Bet: Agra Bio Linguistics - Story of God in Nature

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

No fudging necessary.
I got this sort of reply from Lonewolf on another thread when I pointed out the deliberate mistranslation of John 1:14, that this is not the only verse that backs up the idea that Jesus is God.
Here is the evidence that this comment by him, and by now, you, is not true. He also used this on another thread, after I pointed out the problem to him of this translation. This IS the "best proof" (the deliberate taking out of context with the re-telling of the John One story) that is in the Bible, but it is only a sham.

If you consider the ancient Hebrew pictographs originating from the Phoenician language, the name of God expresses the overall point of the story the Bible tells. The pictographs are Yod Hey Vav Hey. The Hey is the pictograph of arms outstretched to God. It also contains the shepherd's crook, representing the guidance of God in the wilderness of life. This 'Hey' was added to Abram's name to make Abraham. This was done when he offered what was most important to him (Issac / Son / Self) to God. God provided a replacement sacrifice instead when Abraham opened his arms in faith to God. Hey means 'Behold'. It is related by root morphology to the window of the tent. The tent being a temporary residence (our body). For more on this, see this link. See the link for a fuller understanding of how the story continues from the letter of the Hebrew alphabet as it branches out to other words through root morphology. The story is much deeper than what I present here.

They Vav is the pictograph for the tent peg (Nail).

The Hey is again Behold.

The Yod is hand.

"Behold the Hand, Behold the Nail."

edit on 10-9-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Do we really have to do this over and over and over...

You people misunderstand his words. You were taught a lie, and now you're (once again) trying to push your lie to the public, he was Not God. He was God's son, not the father, not equal to the father.

Theres far to many of these threads, and far to many people pushing this lie.

new topics

top topics

join