It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apostle Paul says it's better to be celibate.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by raiden12

I think you need to let go of all the pseudo science in your equation and leave the animal facts there. Much clearer and obvious response which is backed by evidence. hmm?

I would very much like the belief in something greater than ourselves but its honestly not there... you'd think after 2,100,000,000 years we would know. Evolution of species exists, there is no question... things simply evolve over time.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by IlluminatusOculus33

First you should talk about the whole chapter by Apostle Paul(Sha'ul) instead of posting the matters you want to magnify on only. The way to explain this is understood by the rest of the chapter. Also, find out who the real true Messiah is, not that false made up name 'Jesus' which means earthly pig/swine, also the same animal that was forbidden by ancient Yisra'al(Israel) to eat or touch and that the Messiah sent devils and demons into.

1Co 7:1 And concerning the matters you wrote to me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.
1Co 7:2 But because of whoring, let each one have his own wife, and let each woman have her own husband.
1Co 7:3 Let the husband render to his wife what is her due, and likewise also the wife to her husband.
1Co 7:4 The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. And likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does.
1Co 7:5 Do not deprive one another except with agreement for a time, to give yourselves to fasting and prayer. And come together again so that Satan does not try you because of your lack of self-control.
1Co 7:6 And I say this as a concession, not as a command.
1Co 7:7 For I wish that all men were even as I myself. But each one has his own gift from Alahym, one in this way and another in that.
1Co 7:8 And I say to the unmarried and to the widows: It is good for them if they remain even as I am,
1Co 7:9 but if they do not have self-control, let them marry, for it is better to marry than to burn.
1Co 7:10 And to the married I command, not I, but the Master: A wife should not separate from a husband.
1Co 7:11 But if she is indeed separated, let her remain unmarried or be restored to favour with her husband, and let a husband not send away a wife.
1Co 7:12 And to the rest I say, not the Master: If any brother has an unbelieving wife, and she thinks well to live with him, let him not send her away.
1Co 7:13 And a woman who has an unbelieving husband, and he thinks well to live with her, let her not send him away.
1Co 7:14 For the unbelieving husband has been set-apart in the wife, and the unbelieving wife has been set-apart in the husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are set-apart.
1Co 7:15 And, if the unbelieving one separates, let him separate himself. A brother or a sister has not been enslaved in such matters. But Alahym has called us to peace.

edit on 9-9-2011 by Seektruthalways1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-9-2011 by Seektruthalways1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

1Co 7:16 For how do you know, O wife, whether you shall save your husband? Or how do you know, O husband, whether you shall save your wife?
1Co 7:17 Only, as Alahym has distributed to each one, as the Master has called each one, so let him walk. And so I order in all the assemblies.
1Co 7:18 Was anyone called while circumcised? Let him not become uncircumcised. Was anyone called while uncircumcised? Let him not be circumcised.
1Co 7:19 The circumcision is naught, and the uncircumcision is naught, but the guarding of the commands of Elohim does matter!1 Footnote: 1Rom. 2:26-29.
1Co 7:20 Let each one remain in the same calling in which he was called.
1Co 7:21 Were you called while a slave? It matters not to you, but if you are able to become free too, rather use it.
1Co 7:22 For he who is called in the Master while a slave is the Master’s freed man. Likewise he who is called while free is a slave of Messiah.1 Footnote: 1Eph. 6:6, 1 Peter 2:16.
1Co 7:23 You were bought with a price, do not become slaves of men.
1Co 7:24 Brothers, let each one remain with Alahym in that calling in which he was called.
1Co 7:25 And concerning maidens: I have no command from the Master, but I give judgment as one whom the Master in His compassion has made trustworthy.
1Co 7:26 I think then that this is good because of the present necessity, that it is good for a man to remain as he is.
1Co 7:27 Are you bound to a wife? Do not seek to be loosed. Are you loosed from a wife? Do not seek a wife.
1Co 7:28 But even if you should marry, you have not sinned. And if a maiden should marry, she has not sinned. But such shall have pressure in the flesh, but I would spare you.
1Co 7:29 And this I say, brothers, the time is short, so that from now on even those who have wives should be as though they had none,
1Co 7:30 and those who weep as though they did not weep, and those who rejoice as though they did not rejoice, and those who buy as though they did not possess,

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

1Co 7:31 and those who use this world as not misusing it. For the scene of this world is passing away.
1Co 7:32 And I wish you to be without concern. He who is unmarried is concerned about the matters of the Master – how to please the Master.
1Co 7:33 But he who is married is concerned about the matters of the world – how to please his wife.
1Co 7:34 There is a difference between a wife and a maiden. The unmarried woman is concerned about the matters of the Master, that she might be set-apart both in body and in spirit. But she who is married is concerned about the matters of the world – how to please her husband.
1Co 7:35 And this I say for your own good, not to put a restraint on you, but for what is proper, and to attend to the Master without distraction.
1Co 7:36 And if anyone thinks he is behaving improperly toward his maiden, if she is past the flower of her youth, and so it should be, let him do what he desires, he does not sin – let them marry.
1Co 7:37 But he who stands steadfast in his heart, having no necessity, and has authority over his own desire, and has so decided in his heart to guard his own maiden, does well.
1Co 7:38 So then he who gives her in marriage does well, but he who does not give her in marriage does better.
1Co 7:39 A wife is bound by Torah as long as her husband lives, and if her husband dies, she is free to be married to whom she desires, only in the Master.
1Co 7:40 But she is better off if she remains as she is, according to my opinion. And I think I also have the Spirit of Alahym.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

It says in 7:9 " but if they do not have self-control, let them marry, for it is better to marry than to burn." It is not saying you are commanded to be celibate, but if you cannot keep from fornication or from lusts of the flesh, then it is better for you to marry. And if you believed when you were unbound to a wife, then do not seek to have a wife, and if you believed while being with a wife, do not seek to loosed.

This teaching about marriage or staying single is speaking about where you put your focus on. Are you focusing on pleasing your man or wife more then the matters from above? If you stand strong in your belief that Yahuwah is the Creator and Yahuwshuwah is the Messiah, do not focus on trying to change your marital status. Keep your focus, your thoughts on the Heavenly Matters not the earthly ones, and not trying to satisfy your longing to be yoked with a spouse that is only temporary.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Yea you're right. Christianity and all other religions are run by the same Satanic doctrine. But the Scriptures are not part of that, they were written to be separate, and man has taken the sacred Scriptures and twisted the meanings of them to suit themselves and their lusts of the flesh.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SethGecko
reply to post by raiden12

I think you need to let go of all the pseudo science in your equation and leave the animal facts there. Much clearer and obvious response which is backed by evidence. hmm?

raiden described the Bible's voices as basically not having the vocabulary to describe what they really "meant to say." And now you're doing the same thing, saying that someone else's narrative (raiden's) shouldn't have meaning for them because you cannot see any meaning in it.

The idea of Non-directive evolution is every bit as much of a narrative used to impose meaning on the world, as the Bible is.

If you have studied much primate behavior, you see that "facts" is a simplistic outlook. Primate behavior is incredibly complex; and sexuality, even in the non-human primates, is a constellation of traits, drives and behaviors. To speak of "facts" gives the impression that the social "sciences" are far more rigorous than is in fact the case.

I would very much like the belief in something greater than ourselves but its honestly not there...

How do you know it's not there? It is logically impossible to prove that something doesn't exist. The fact that you have spent years searching for ghosts and have never spotted one doesn't conclusively disprove them.

Would you know "something greater" if you encountered it?

Something greater might be completely non-physcial; but this doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. Inflation is a non-physical force, but in impacts our daily lives across the globe. If the "something greater than ourselves" were purely a non-physical entity, how would you even begin to search for it--much less disprove it?

you'd think after 2,100,000,000 years we would know.

I wouldn't think that, at all. Especially if other non-material forces have a vested interest in humans never quite getting a clue.

The Bible is a narrative used to build meaning (primarily about spiritual matters; the Bible states in several places that it isn't a conclusive history of the human race, or even of the Jews, Much less of God.....) Evolutionary theory is a narrative used to build meaning about the fossil record. Rigorous scientists will tell you that it simply cannot speak to metaphysical or "immaterial" matters.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

The Apostle Paul recommended that leading the life of celibacy

Funny. Concern about the radical homosexual agenda preventing procreation....

Let's see what the next generation of Christians looks like if everyone becomes celibate Paul

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by IlluminatusOculus33

Originally posted by InshaAllah
said before so i say it again, judge not lest thee be judged

Listen to those sermons I posted a link to. It covers that verse quite well.

Save your sermons, we are not unsure about what the Bible says, so there is no need to go to your teacher for clarification.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by underspace

The Apostle Paul recommended that leading the life of celibacy

Funny. Concern about the radical homosexual agenda preventing procreation....

Let's see what the next generation of Christians looks like if everyone becomes celibate Paul

I get the joke but really, it doesn't work like that.

You are not born unto someone and automatically a part of their religion now.

You would have to be at least 5 or 6 years old before you even started understanding the bs they tell to you in religions. And even then it's a joke because most 50 year-olds don't even know what the hell they are talking about in relation to scripture or whatever.

What are you suggesting that if I were born to Jewish parents, I am automatically Jewish now and cannot convert or change my religion?
If I were born to atheists does that make me an atheist?
If I were born to Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, etc etc.

You can change religions on a dime, it's that easy. Just change your mind and agree with whatever garbage they tell you to believe in. Boom, your a new religion now. Only took 5 seconds to surrender your intellect to their agenda.

So of course Even If the Christians all went celibate tomorrow, in 100 years there could still be a strong movement for Christianity because the children of Atheists or other religions could convert to Christianity mid-life.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by followtheevidence
reply to post by NOTurTypical

If you have sexual desires that means God hasn't called you to a life of celibacy.

I have to disagree with you there brother. Following Christ isn't about being assuaged of all temptations, trials, obstacles, etc,. It's not as if God will simply take away these critical vestiges of the human experience overnight. It's a process of sanctification, a working relationship that unfolds as we grow in obedience to and love for our Lord. Instead, it is a willingness to endure despite temptations knowing in faith that His grace is sufficient and that through Him and with Him, we can conquer all things. Of course, as we continue on in our walk with Messiah, the spirit grows stronger and the flesh weaker. In time, we are ever more prepared to face these trials unto victory. But, to say that these desires must first be relinquished before embarking on our higher calling in Christ is an inversion of the true process at work. Even Paul himself said -

"For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I." Romans 7:15

Surely he battled similar desires (perhaps not sexual per se) but carried on in his mission nevertheless.

Just my understanding of the matter. Always a pleasure to meet a fellow brother in Christ.

Regards,

followtheevidence

? Sex is not a sin. Paul is comparing the will of the Holy Spirit within him and the sinful nature of his flesh. Sex is in neither of those categories. Christ created us, he gave us sexual organs and added areas of our bodies with organs and glands that intesify the pleasure of the act.

He's certainly not against sex, and He's certainly not against marriage.

Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.
Proverbs 18:22

If you have a desire for a wife, children and marriage the Lord didn't give you the grace to be celibate and serve Him. He entrusted the church to Peter and He had a wife. Celibacy is a gift, and Paul never considered everyone was capable or called to the life he was. That's my $.02

God Bless you brother, son of the Most High.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by followtheevidence

Instead, it is a willingness to endure despite temptations knowing in faith that His grace is sufficient and that through Him and with Him, we can conquer all things.

This is well said too brother, big Amen to that.

A huge problem in Christiandom is people have a poor understanding of God's grace.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

Yep! Remember what Paul said about his "thorn in the flesh"? He never conquered the flesh totally as he was not perfect like Christ, but he is one of the most successful and brave of Christ's True Saints.

God Bless.

I think Paul's "thorn" was poor eyesight, or stuttering problem. Whatever it was God was strong through Paul's weakness. His grace was certainly sufficient.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Seektruthalways1

not that false made up name 'Jesus' which means earthly pig/swine

That name of "Jesus" is still healing the sick, casting out demons, and baptizing people in the Holy Ghost today, 2,000 years later.

We're justified by what He DID, not what name we use to call upon Him and place our faith in Him.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Sorry I really don't. I don't want any mans blood on my head because I did not speak the good news of the kingdom.U2U me if you want to know what the good news is.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by rreeves5

Sorry I really don't. I don't want any mans blood on my head because I did not speak the good news of the kingdom.U2U me if you want to know what the good news is.

He was kicked off ATS. Still pray for the person though.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

There are Christians, there are religious nutters. You can pick which one this is. If you have no sexual feelings that wou;ld be ok, but then you'd be a special person, or a weird one. You can pick which one this is.

But to tickle the ears of this poster, it also says to sell everything.... done that yet???
It aslo says to pick up poisnakes...done that yet

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
1. We are not living in the last days
2. You need to get laid
3. If we were living in the last days why would you want to be celibate?
Keep your bible mumbo-jumbo out of this please!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Matthew 5:29
If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.

If your penis causes you to sin, you should cut it off and throw it away? Ah, i can't bring myself to cut my penis off! I'm too weak in the spirit for that
. I'm being silly ofcourse but i think i have to tell Matthew NO on that one.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by CapSolo
1. We are not living in the last days
2. You need to get laid
3. If we were living in the last days why would you want to be celibate?
Keep your bible mumbo-jumbo out of this please!

Thats where you are wrong, you can't honestly look at current world events and say everything is "a'ok" unless youre either retarded, dumb or just don't bother to watch world events. The entire world "knows" something has gone awry and is reeling from the chaos thats starting. World economy in the tank, unusual weather and natural disasters getting worse on a scale and frequency that hasnt been seen by modern man, wars and rumors of wars. Yeah keep thinking its not the End Times, where will death find you when he comes for you? I for one do not want to be naked in the middle of having sex when i croak.

I'm not the poster boy for celibacy, and i'm married, but think on this. Just because you can do something doesn't always mean that you should. Try telling that to pro-abortionists and they will call you a religious nutbag because you dont want to see babies get carved up like a thanksgiving turkey.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join