It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Military Plane Forced Down By North Korean Electronic Attack

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

This is why the US has been bombing Pakistan [A nuclear armed country] left and right?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
If there is one thing that the American military is exceptionally careful about, it's ensuring that they never attack anyone who has even a vague chance of feasibly hitting back.

Which would be what nation?

A US Ally? China? The only nations even remotely close to what your describing are deeply involved in US affairs and visa versa. Your implying the US is not attacking its allies and trade partners because we are afraid of them, not because it is the rational thing to do?

Korea is China's little puppy. Enjoy.
edit on 10-9-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

The aide said the plane suffered disturbance to its GPS system due to jamming signals

I call bluff. (fake bluff to make enemy seem like they have an advantage. )

GPS is more than 20 year old tech. Now with sensors and electronics I believe they can actually pinpoint locations by mapping the ground and stars in real time. And I am sure they have found out that radio signals are jammable.

If I was head of military tech, I would say, radio is comprimisable so forget it. Lets move onto something else.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

Where did the article state the plane was in North Korean airspace?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
GPS jamming is known. It wouldn't bring down an aircraft.

All military aircraft will have multiple navigation plots on the go within the navigation computer. The GPS is the primary plot but losing it isn't an insurmountable problem. If the aircraft has an Embedded GPS/INS the short term effect of jamming the GPS would be negligible.

The effect would be dangerous to civilian operators that have cheaper less redundant navigation systems. Although anybody relying 100% on GPS for navigation probably deserves a darwin award.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

So the GPS system is not protected.
Wonder if such a ray did much more than that and we can't be told.
Working with high voltage and magnetic circuits since Japan set
North Korea developing atomic weapons there may be quite the concern
perhaps this powerful ray must be stopped.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

And when did a country with weapons of mass destruction hold us back.
At least we demolished Germany and Japan before they used
A bombs on us. Now WMDs or not we go after shoe and underpants
bombers or at least their supporters. North Korea using a powerful unknown
ray is a bit disturbing and might be entering us into a new age of powerful
warfare unlike the 911 Energy Weapon people ever imagined.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by quackers
Response? They have just as much right to defend their airspace as any other nation does.

Pretty much. North Korea is run by a terrible tyrant and disgracefully oppresses his people, but one can't ignore history about when America bombed North Korea and killed I don't know how many 1000s of innocent families and civilians. So it makes utter and complete sense why North Korea would have technology to stop planes before they can drop bombs again. Kim Jong Il is a horrible leader, but he does have it right that he wants to protect his people (even though I severely wished his idea of protecting his people didn't involve killing innocent people who he deems as a traitor).

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaberz

I think North Korea is doing more than that zapping the highest technology country and
its allied country in air weaponry. More than GPS failure happened. North Korea is
sending a message they have more powerful world cred than atomic technology.
Who would want to stop a US or any air invasion with just a ray gun. No high
tech missile to aircraft command needed. Imagine if the North Korean ray works
against ICBMs. And the ray I'm thinking of should work very well. Perhaps more
secrets escape from US and Russia than we could ever account for. North Korea is
already selling missile and atomic technology to any buyer. Some one said hands
off North Korea like we had with Operation Paperclip atomic and ray technology
scientists.

edit on 9/11/2011 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Frogs

North Korea isn't exactly known for being high tech. If they have this it makes you wonder what other nations have. It also begs the question of what response, if any, there will be to this?

Actually, I could be mistaken, but I think most of the high-tech missile guidance systems are developed in N. Korea. Their tech is top notch, but sanctions keep them from producing anything themselves.

My bad Russia is bigger
Is only China's Army larger? It is only my opinion but N.Korea could play hard ball if they wanted to. Log stopped Napoleon Bonaparte.
Added Troop count chart:::en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 11-9-2011 by mikeybiznaz because: added content

edit on 11-9-2011 by mikeybiznaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

The only reason why Pyongyang doesn't currently look like Falluja, is because North Korea has nuclear weapons. If there is one thing that the American military is exceptionally careful about, it's ensuring that they never attack anyone who has even a vague chance of feasibly hitting back.

This is hogwash. North Korea has 4 horribly old nuclear warheads that are suffering from continual degrade of the weapons' yield. They have no delivery system capable of delivering those warheads to anywhere but South Korea.

The only reason we haven't attacked North Korea is because they pose, quite literally, zero threat to America and because South Korea would be livid if we were to strike at their 'family' in the North. Take a look at your refrigerator, TV, phone, etc. Chances are - there are LG and Samsung components all over the place (even in GE and other brand appliances). Those companies are from Korea - one of our closest trade partners and military allies (even closer than Britain, in many respects).

Neither South Korea or North Korea want to destroy each other. The North wishes to bring the South under their rule and influence (they're a little loony up there) and the South wants to see free travel and trade across the border (many have given up on a unified Korea - to do so would destroy the economy of the South with attempts to subsidize development of the horribly poor North).

Americans are seen like close friends sitting at a family table. They appreciate our mediation of a family dispute, but are quick to look poorly upon the outsider who 'meddles.' Basically - any slapping of North Korea is to be done on South Korea's terms.

North Korea has no means of striking against the U.S. directly. About the worst they could do is manage to get a nuclear weapon into Pusan - which would greatly devastate the South's economy and require some serious reworking to our strategy to defend against an invasion of the South (the landing at Incheon proved to be an absolutely brilliant tactic - but there's a reason it was deemed impossible at the time ... ships are designed to move through water, not mud).

Otherwise - they are irrelevant.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyanhide
Any county has the right to defend their airspace,I say good thing!

If North Korea wanted a war they would have started it ages ago.

Uh, did you ever read anything about the Korean War????

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

Uh, did you ever read anything about the Korean War????

It's called the Forgotten War for a reason.

I think it would have been more popular if we had a Pyongyan Patty, similar to Hanoi Jane, out there demonizing our troops.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Not seeing anything about this in the news. NEED MORE SOURCES.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

What do you think the reason for North Korea shelling the islands occupied
by South Koreans. That doesn't sound like family. It was like North Korea
didn't care or was there some sort of trade agreement dispute. The military
has to be in charge of dangerous technology that creates an entirely different
economic system. Perhaps if the weapons rust another 20 years and dissolve
North Korea can demilitarize.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

What do you think the reason for North Korea shelling the islands occupied
by South Koreans.

That's like asking why a cat likes to lick people's hair. It's a cat - its logic and your logic are not interchangeable, so you are simply taking shots in the dark.

That doesn't sound like family. It was like North Korea
didn't care or was there some sort of trade agreement dispute.

To understand, you really have to go to Korea. I know that sounds like a cop-out, but the North is raised from birth to believe the rest of the world is jealous of North Korea's prosperity and has corrupted their Southern Family.

Exactly how many believe this is hard to know. The only way I can think of to try and understand the mentality is to imagine having a bunch of kids and leaving on a business trip for a few months to come back and find all your daughters are with abusive, thuggish boyfriends.

That is, more or less, how North and South Korea view each other.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

I believe you.
Thanks for that description.
I don't have to go there after all with you keen observance of the
situation. When people have things like that explained to them
perhaps there is hope. As long as either side wishes not to save
the other side from their 'hardships', they perhaps will coexist
a lot better.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Oh wow. NK jammed GPS in peacetime.
To think, the US designed and implemented GPS and not once though about countermeasures.
If only there was a gadget (GAJT) that could prevent this.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imperium Americana
To think, the US designed and implemented GPS and not once though about countermeasures.

I think they have.
I think there is a super military grade GPS.
More accurate if you know what I mean.
So unless South Korea and US communications use the less effective GPS
then how trusting are we of South Korea.
In any case being called off by anything jamming is a great unknown for us all right now.
If using a Tesla jammer might mean a total breakthrough in super technology.
Perhaps the elite had little old North Korea working on this above secret project
all along. Tesla disclosure is near and from North Korea.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

Originally posted by Imperium Americana

I think they have.
I think there is a super military grade GPS.
More accurate if you know what I mean.
So unless South Korea and US communications use the less effective GPS
then how trusting are we of South Korea.
In any case being called off by anything jamming is a great unknown for us all right now.
If using a Tesla jammer might mean a total breakthrough in super technology.
Perhaps the elite had little old North Korea working on this above secret project
all along. Tesla disclosure is near and from North Korea.

GAJT been on aircraft and ships for awhile, but has now been brought down to size and toughened up enough for vehicle mount.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join