It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interpol Issues Top Alert for Gaddafi Arrest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Interpol Issues Top Alert for Gaddafi Arrest

www.time.com

(PARIS) — Interpol said Friday it has issued red notices — its top most-wanted alert — for the arrest of the former Libyan strongman Muammar Gaddafi, his son Seif al-Islam and the country's ex-head of military intelligence, Abdullah al-Senoussi.

The move comes in response to a request by the prosecutor of the International Criminal Court, which is seeking the men for alleged crimes against humanity.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.timesofmalta.com
www.huffingtonpost.com
english.aljazeera.net

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I am watching the Arabian Spring since the beginning of this year and I feel a lot with those people, who are trying to get more freedom.
But it is obvious that the western countries have very different views on who is a bad dictator and where it is "useful" to intervene.

Nobody cared for Bahrain, when Saudi tanks drove in and helped to suppress the demonstrations. Nobody cares for Syria that much.

I feel ambivalent in this case. If the government does wrong then it is the right of the people to overthrow it. They asked for help against Gaddhafi's air force and they got it.
But then NATO became more of an active party and now The Haag intervenes.

Of course, maybe it would be better for Gaddhafi to end infront of the International Court. But then they should have same measures for others, too. Otherwise it could become a political instrument, that loses credibility.

www.time.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Siddharta

There are a multitude of dictators in the world, some of them are our closest allies. The fact that one has disappeared doesn't change a thing.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Where is the top alert for Kissinger? Bush? Rumsfeld? Obama? Bush Sr.? Clinton? Cheney? Assad? Mubarak? Ahmadinejad? Hu Jintao? Kim Jong Il?

No? I mean if you are to prosecute ONE war criminal/human rights abuser, you certainly cannot ignore the bigger ones?

A hell lot of ``leaders`` need to be brought to the Hague...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Siddharta

alleged crimes against humanity
I wonder if alleged actually means anything there?

He was obviously the best thing that ever happened to Libya.
Turns out we don't like leaders in this world who care about their people.
edit on 9-9-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

duh? What are you on anyway that you can interpret torture and murder of civilians as "caring" for one's people?

Do you have any idea how that sounds to a sane person?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
He was obviously the best thing that ever happened to Libya.

If he also would care for the majority he simply calls "rats" he surely wouldn't have to hide now.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

The thing that gets me is Gudaffi is a saint when compared to some of the characters we ally and trade with regularly...

Of course it's not in our interest to overthrow them...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno

duh? What are you on anyway that you can interpret torture and murder of civilians as "caring" for one's people?

Do you have any idea how that sounds to a sane person?
Here you go Mr. Sane person: Libya: Extreme Disinformation

EDIT:

DEBUNK THIS - There WERE NO human rights abuses in Libya according to UN Human Rights report

SHOCKING: Rebels indiscriminatly murder fleeing Gaddafi Supporters who were unarmed

Another edit:

Libya Charges NATO Massacre of Religious Leaders

“Libyan Rebels” Create Central Bank, Oil Company

And again:

Busted!! fake news on libya- movie sets, fake videos and pics, death threats to journalists

Also be sure to watch the truth about Libya video.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Guess he didn't pay them their coffee money like the war criminals Bush and Co..

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

It doesn't make much sense to link to other ATS threads to proof you are right. I was relieved that you did not link to a UFO thread here.
Gaddhafi and his son had more than one appearance on tv before they had to duck down and they did NOT care about their people, but threatened to slaughter them, if they are against them.

But anyways, I was more thinking about the different treating and measuring. I don't care that politicians in my country (Germany) now shout: NATO did good, when the foreign minister yesterday said: We don't participate.

But I care a lot about the judicial system, which is very good in my country and very independant from politics. If the International Court now sings with the politicians, this is a go down for the judicial system I know.

Then again: When I see those pro-Gaddhafi-links, then it REALLY is necessary to let the court judge it. Maybe you people can play the advocate of Gaddhafi and convince them with your links there.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Talk about disinformation!
There is no doubt the west's motives are never clear; but to try and paint Gaddafi as some sort of saint is beyond ludicrous.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I wonder if we always wanted to get rid of him, or if he did something recently to make us want to get rid of him?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Maybe this has something to do with it?

Energy Resources
Oil companies scramble for Libya's riches

Read more: www.upi.com...

top topics

join