It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

NASA Delays Launch of Twin Moon Probes to Saturday

page: 1
4

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Anyone else hear about this? Them doing this is pretty cool, I dont know why they want to study the surface structure and gravity field. Can anyone inform me?


NASA has postponed the launch of two moon gravity mapping spacecraft to no earlier than Saturday (Sept. 10) — the second delay in two days — to give engineers time to investigate a potential glitch with the rocket that will carry the probes into spaceThe Grail mission (short for Gravity Recovery And Interior Laboratory) was originally slated to blast off on an unmanned Delta 2 rocket on Thursday (Sept. 8), but strong winds forced the NASA to stand down for the day.

The agency hoped to make another liftoff attempt on Friday (Sept. 9), but an issue with the rocket's propulsion system was detected while the Delta 2 rocket was drained of fuel after Thursday's scrubbed launch, agency officials said in a statement.

NASA now plans to wait until the weekend to allow time to review data from the propulsion system, they added. [Photos of NASA's Grail Moon Gravity Mission]

The twin Grail spacecraft are slated to launch Saturday at 8:29 a.m. EDT (1229 GMT) from the Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida. A second opportunity will also be available at 9:08 a.m. EDT (1308 GMT), if needed.

Current forecasts predict more favorable launch weather over the weekend, with a 60 percent chance of acceptable conditions on Saturday, NASA officials said. [Video: Grail's Mission to Map Moon Gravity]

The $496 million Grail mission will study the interior of the moon and construct accurate and detailed maps of its gravity field. Observations from the three-month mission are expected to help scientists better understand the origin of the moon, its composition, and its evolutionary history.

.



Grail Mission

NASA Mission
edit on 9-9-2011 by scapers2u because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-9-2011 by scapers2u because: (no reason given)




posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Hello


Your link isn't working so I don't know where you are sending us


Here is a link to the GRAIL's website. It's called the GRAIL


GRAIL MISSION


On a personal note I am always interested in why the names they are given were chosen


I live on the Space Coast and watch every single launch that goes up. The weather here hasnt been all that great, there has only been a 40% chance it would even go on the days originally chosen, that includes yesterday and today. Saturday is better for weather options for sure with a 60% chance.. We have had very rainy and windy weather here.



posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver
 


Both links work for me for some reason. Yeah im also interested in the names, each name has a purpose and a meaning it seems like, cant figure out Grail. But right when i saw it i thought about the holy grail lol.



posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by scapers2u
reply to post by mblahnikluver
 


Both links work for me for some reason. Yeah im also interested in the names, each name has a purpose and a meaning it seems like, cant figure out Grail. But right when i saw it i thought about the holy grail lol.


Looks like you edited it while I was making my post lol



I thought the same thing! The name GRAIL actually stands for The Gravity Recovery And Interior Laboratory (GRAIL)

I still find it interesting because I too thought of the Holy Grail lol

It should be interesting to see what information it sends back.



posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
What this has to the with Aliens and UFOs?

Why did you post this here?



posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nikola014
What this has to the with Aliens and UFOs?

Why did you post this here?



IF you look at their join date they are new, they probably didn't know. GIve them a break!


If you see this just use alert and tell the mods, they can move it. It's not that big of a deal.

Also you are on the main forum page U/A forum is at the top, the Space Exp forum is further down so maybe they didn't see it and saw this first. It just happens



posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
They've delayed the launch to 9/11 on the 10 year anniversary. Not good in my opinion. I see a lot of occult references in this including the name.



posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
They've delayed the launch to 9/11 on the 10 year anniversary. Not good in my opinion. I see a lot of occult references in this including the name.


WRONG!



Today's management meeting has given formal approval to proceed with launch of the Delta 2-Heavy rocket and the Moon-bound GRAIL spacecraft on Saturday morning at 8:29 a.m. EDT. In a purely precautionary move, officials opted to skip making a launch attempt today so engineers could review propulsion system data and ensure the rocket was good to fly.

Saturday is the 10th not the 11th.... There is nothing conspiratorial about it. The weather here isn't favorable. I live on the Space Coast. Don't make stuff up! It's been rainy and windy, both are not very favorable for a launch.
Spaceflightnow GRAIL
Local News 13

Care to back up your reasons why you see the occult in this? I do not.



posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Nikola014
 


I couldnt find a topic thats called Moon, or other planets, or NASA So blame the creators not me



posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by scapers2u
 

How about this one:
www.abovetopsecret.com...



posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Are you familiar with Goradachi Etemenanki?

www.goroadachi.com...




Goro's "wide-ranging treatment - basically an exercise in esoteric dot-joining involving Nostradamus, the Sphinx, the Pyramids, world-mythology, the Bible, and much else - is ingenious, and contains much that is both thoughtful and thought-provoking." - Peter Lemesurier


Whole new look at the "GRAIL" mission

They have been pretty accurate in the past.

Richard Hoagland 1/6 Parsons Crowley NASA & the Occult
www.youtube.com...


A look into the occult influence of Aleister Crowley on Jack Parsons, founder of Jet Propulsion Laboratories (JPL) and subsequently on NASA. Ceremony, Ritual and Symbolism of occult significance may be the governing force behind the space program.


edit on 9-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I remember back in the day there was a delay of a space shuttle launch (over something typical and mundane) and we had this one dude hear named John Lear that insisted they delayed it because of him and what he has posted on ATS. Talk about c-r-a-z-y, lol.



posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis
 


Lol. That is weird, maybe thats what happened this time!

Im pretty sure they delayed it because of technical problems, but that might be a long delay if they are having problems right before launch




top topics



 
4

log in

join