It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria declares state of war and general military draft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Yeah this is totally NOT GOOD... not for protesters and certainly not for a possible Israel-Syria clash.

Assad declares state of war, mobilizes Syrian forces

Syria declared a state of war and mobilized troops to neutralize "terrorists who threaten us," Al-Quds newspaper reported Thursday evening.

Operation "Bayrak al-Assad" was implemented secretly, mobilizing full military forces in Syria for concentrated offensives on cities across the country, according to the report.

The difference however, according to the Al-Quds report, is that with this declaration, Assad has declared that the state is no longer simply crushing terrorist elements during peacetime, but rather in a state of war.

And more news from Syria :

Syria opposition: Dialogue with Assad regime at dead end (AP)

Rights group: Syria forces 'forcibly' removing wounded protesters from hospitals (DPA)

Sick...

Syrian activists call for 'foreign protection' in Friday anti-Assad rallies (DPA)

You know what that means.

I wish Turkey would just roll in there and wipe out the Syrian regime.
edit on 9-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
If you have any family or friends in Damascus, urge them to leave.

ISA 17:1 An oracle concerning Damascus:

"See, Damascus will no longer be a city
but will become a heap of ruins.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

This is why I have been banging at the door that nothing will happen to Cyprus since it would be base of operations for any *cough* help given to Syria.. (not that I approve in any way of further bloodshed)

I also feel we are seeing extensive smoke and mirrors between Israel and Turkey which is being used to open the door for Turkey to sort the Syrian issue rather than the West..

An approach that I hope would be less bloody than the ones we have seen recently and perhaps (my hope) we'll see some sensible dialogue and a de-escalation of hostilities.

But if the article is right then my hopes are getting slimmer by the day.
edit on 9/9/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Don't think I would be too worried about Syrai-Israel clash just yet.

I imagine this will only cause more unrest within the country. Could prove a serious mistake by the President especially with a draft.

Are the rebels shorts of weapons? Sign up for the draft. Get yourself a gun.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Give it a bit yet. Once Ghadaffi is captured/killed or in another country, the NATO fleet will reposition off Syria. It seems almost scripted, don't it?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Well that sounds like a sad turn of events for Syrians.

new topics

top topics

join