It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever....?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Hey there ATS'ers

Been something bugging me quite a bit of late. Has to do with these threads that pup up. The "Do you feel this way today?" threads.

Short and sweet PLEASE stop making those threads. They are innacurate and usless threads.

First off, when someone makes a "Do you feel this today?" thread, it gets planted in your head. Yes, EVERYONE. You're brain immedietally brings the idea in and now your thinking about it regardless. Thats a fact, its how the brain works.

So with that being said, the next thing people start doing is making up crap. "Oh yeah the sun was totally over there last year" Not a chance in hell that any of you REALLY know. I highly doubt that anyone hear last year took a real/mental/drew a picture/WHATEVER of a certain day LAST year and said, "you just wait and see. I bet next year the sun is going to be in a different spot".

Thats strictly an example. These all range from the "Do you feel it" to "Yesterday it was windy! Anyone else...uh....you know get some wind? Lets get hysterical over together!!! YAY!!!"

I Mean to be brash, because if im not none of you will get it.

Think about it! Is mass hysteria!!! I dont want to hear the hippy gypsy mumbo jumbo about how we're all holding hands spiritualy and if im not feeling it then im unhappy in life. Its seriously some of the most ridiculous stuff i have ever encountered. I myself was all for the "Strange feelings" threads, but now that i have stepped back and appplied logic, i have discovered that there is none.

Anyways, i really dont know what else to say other than please bear in mind that those threads are truthfully ridiculous and none of you actually seem like anyone i would want to take seriously on a conspiracy website.

Go find a butterfly

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
If you hardly think about it, it makes perfect sense. Feeling strange and gathering followers is hardly grounds for making a factual claim. in fact there are no grounds, its just sounds ridiculous.

Chuck "Man oh man SOMETHINS GONNA HAPPEN!"

Larry "Wait....what makes you think that?"

Chuck "Because all these people that i talk to online agree. THEY FEEL THE SAME WAY! It has to mean something!!!!!

Larry "I gotta go chuck" *Runs like hell*
edit on 9-9-2011 by mthgs602 because: messed up

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Some people I believe find the net and acquaintances formed (or even friendships) important. I do not know about the other stuff but some people quoting how they feel that day could be all they have to reach out and say so.

I do not find it useless some people post here about depression or anxiety or even to share happy stories that others can feed off. I think it is you whom have deemed this a conspiracy web site when it to me is more of a discussion web site. If you want conspiracy web site you will get plenty with A'Jones ill say no more for it would be free advertising.

Nothing wrong with it too me just do not abuse it like..OMG I lost in dungeons and dragons wtf yo!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mthgs602

Those threads that irritate you ...will always be. People need to express themselves.....at ATS they can do that...as long as they follow the T&C's. You may not like what they have to say...but it is important to them. I suggest...you just ignore the threads and posts that get on your nerves...and move on to what interests you...it is a simple and easy solution.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Old77

No no, you're flat out wrong. Im not gonna argue. Im just going to tell you. This IS a conspiracy website. End of story

Secondly, if you wanna talk about how you're depressed and the emotions you're feeling, ATS members are not the ones to do it with. You could be talking to 400lb pedophile with complexes beyond comprehension. Completely blind trust on this site.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Those threads that irritate you ...will always be. People need to express themselves.....at ATS they can do that...as long as they follow the T&C's. You may not like what they have to say...but it is important to them. I suggest...you just ignore the threads and posts that get on your nerves...and move on to what interests you...it is a simple and easy solution.

I dont click them anymore, but this place isnt about being in character. Its not about expressing yourself. Its a conspiracy website. Sure express your OPINION, but i didnt sign up to sit in an AA circle so i could listen to people express THEMSELVES. I want them to express their opinion on an at hand matter in the REAL world. Thats the difference.
edit on 9-9-2011 by mthgs602 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-9-2011 by mthgs602 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

ATS is a conspiracy website...and so much more. As we all know ATS has a lot of forums....so its members can post and or start a thread on what interests them. I just skip over what doesn't interest me...and move on to something that does. I realize that I am just a member here...and I do not have control over nor do I run ATS. As I stated before...I don't like something I ignore it.

What is a meaningless thread or post to some...may be very interesting to others...such is life!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

i found a butterfly, now what?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread750592/pg1#pid12282054]post by UniverSo

See how long it stays on your shoulder

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mthgs602
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread750592/pg1#pid12282054]post by UniverSo

See how long it stays on your shoulder

i ate it

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mthgs602
I highly doubt that anyone hear last year took a real/mental/drew a picture/WHATEVER of a certain day LAST year and said, "you just wait and see. I bet next year the sun is going to be in a different spot".

no, but i bet they will do that this year lol thats planning ahead for ya

this day next year there will be lots of threeads saying '' hey the sun hasnt moved, my bad'' lol

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Thats funny I had a feeling someone was going to make a thread like this today.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

how come?

top topics

join