It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake in Germany 4,4

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Hello!

Yesterday at about 9o`clock in the evening a earthquake hits Germanys Ruhr-Area, it was a 4,4 on the Scale...i was playing with my PS3 as suddenly my hole room started to shake, but only for 2 Seconds...really strange, i never felt an earthquake before.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Now I am confused - Netherlands and Germany - Something is a miss alright!
edit on 9-9-2011 by quedup because: (no reason given)

Nothing showing on the monitor?
edit on 9-9-2011 by quedup because: further information

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Anunaki2012

Reauters reports, hope this helps...

Coal mining shook the western German state of Saarland on Saturday, causing damage to buildings but no injuries.

A police spokesman in the Saarlouis region on the French border said the earthquake measured 4.0 on the Richter scale, the strongest on record in the area, and had knocked over chimneys and caused electricity outages.

After the quake, roughly 1,000 demonstrators gathered near the epicenter in Saarwellingen, police said, to demand an end to mining work which has sparked dozens of small tremors this year alone.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Found a news link here .. not really too unusual, they had one in Feb of this year too, but they're typically weak.. in the 4 neighborhood on the scale.

But this one was unusually strong.
edit on 9-9-2011 by Invariance because: hit reply rather than preview

Professor Klaus Hinzen from the University of Cologne pinpointed the epicentre as the town of Goch, bordering the Netherlands in the Lower Rhine region. The earthquake occurred after 9 pm and was felt within a radius of 200 kilometres.

Apparently this has been the strongest this fall with quite a few being reported in Germany's east.
edit on 9-9-2011 by Invariance because: added quote for thos not interested in reading the article

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
article discussing the earthquake

www.thelocal.de...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by foxhoundone

Reauters reports, hope this helps...

Coal mining shook the western German state of Saarland on Saturday, causing damage to buildings but no injuries.

A police spokesman in the Saarlouis region on the French border said the earthquake measured 4.0 on the Richter scale, the strongest on record in the area, and had knocked over chimneys and caused electricity outages.

After the quake, roughly 1,000 demonstrators gathered near the epicenter in Saarwellingen, police said, to demand an end to mining work which has sparked dozens of small tremors this year alone.

Thanks for the info... wow, that quake in my post above was Thursday... Mining? Sheesh, must be a lot of TNT!!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
thank you all for posting informations, iam using a PS3 at the moment, its difficult to link and stuff..the browser is really terrible

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Here is an article from Earthquake Report with reports from an earthquake happening Sept. 8th on the Netherlands / Germany border. It was 3 kms deep the magnitude was reported to be between 4.2 (USGS – USA) and 4.5 (preliminary data). You can check back often or keep refreshing the page as they're posting reports as they get them.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
There is a small faultline running there.
second biggest quake in 100 years.

join