It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do so many just hate the right?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
When you're talking about the right, it can refer to a lot of things. The right is NOT necessarily represented by George W. Bush.

But generally I would think that moderates and leftists (not using the latter pejoratively) hate the neocons more because they buy entirely in the far-right Republican agenda, hook, sink and bait (or anti-abortion, pro-death penalty and pro-war on Iraq).

Historically, most government takes place in the centre, especially when a "minority" government like the Bush administration is elected. That's where moderate-rightists like Colin Powell, whom I respect immensely, would govern. This being because America is not homogeneous - it's diverse. And you can't govern to the right in spite of 50 percent of your population's wishes.

But that's what Bush is doing, because he thinks he is RIGHT.

And that's the problem, and why I have a problem with people on the right. We on the left have been taught to think, discuss, dialogue, admit and respect differences, look for consensus. However, a lot of the discourse from the right adopts an almost religious tone, scorning people on the left and centre because they have not yet seen the light.

I've always said, "Respect my beliefs, I will respect yours". However, I as a liberal (even though I'm Canadian) am being made to feel that I should be so ashamed that I should never dare to speak the "L-word" in public. In other words, there is a difference in argumentation techniques - a lot of people on the right (not all) will end any discussion by making it clear that they hold the TRUTH. And worse (and for this I feel bad for you, my American friends) people on the right will often end political discussions by questioning your patriotism.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 02:25 AM
link   
You know what? F-- it. I was gonna argue back, but this Sh-- never ends. Every damned time I come on this site, there's 3 or 4 more B.S. posts filled with more stupid crap that have no basis at all. I'm constantly arguing my point, I'm always the last one to post in the threads I argue, but it never seems to catch (you refuse to hear the truth). When I argue back, I'm "Close minded", "Brainwashed by our media".

Don't you think that if the right (conservatives) owned the media, there would be alot more good things reported? Most of our media is majorly left-biased. I mean, all we ever hear is the bad things. We don't see all the happy people we've saved, we don't see the iraqi's who had their hands cut off by Saddam, and then given prosthetic hands by us...we just see death. And yes, there are alot of good things(We caught most of the people on our list, put an end to a tyrannical dictaorship, and found WMD materials). No, you won't open your mind to it...you'll ignore it. You won't consider the other side of the coin, you'll stick to yours and never try to roll over. You'll just keep saying that the Bush administration is conspiring and evil, all those other things you talk about.

I have plenty of good arguments that I could bring up, but like I said, I've brought them up so many times in other posts, that I've just become sick of saying it. You people are just lucky that nearly everyone on this board is liberal, otherwise it would be a fair debate.. Oh wait, is that what you call it? You call it liberal? Cause last time I checked, liberals were sane.

You probably won't be seeing much more of me on this board. I've said enough, nobody ever listens. I've proven people wrong...they just ignore it. I've just had it with hate that most of these insane posts breed on. I don't think I'll even check back up on this thread. It's never gonna sink in, nobody will ever listen...

[Edited on 29-8-2004 by Herman]

[Edited on 29-8-2004 by Herman]

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
Most of our media is majorly left-biased.

I totally agree, the media always favours the left wing of politics and always picks on the right wing.

The left say they understand people better, but they refuse to even try to understand the varied idealogy of the right wing. They simply brand the right wing, racist and facist. The right wing is a huge spectrum of ideal's, just the same as the left wing has a huge variation in it's ideals.

Get you heads out the ground, and listen to what each individual person says, don't brand us with the same identity.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 03:34 AM
link   
You need to post who you are responding to Herman. If you are talking to me, (1) we've never debated before I don't believe and (2) I can gladly prove what I'm referring to. Since it hits home for me:

Bush Administration Most Anti-Gay In History of Gay Rights Movement

So in this instance, is it any wonder why gay people would 'hate' the right?

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies

Originally posted by Creepy

Originally posted by TrueLies

The gop is regressive, not progressive, their oppressive to those who aren't like them and who do not fit their "type".

let me get this straight...you hate them for hating you?

You should let me borrow those rolly eyes so that I may use them on you, first, you don't know me, and lastly, when I say the above i'm referring to gays, i'm referring to people who aren't corporate monkey's, i'm referring to people who aren't in the oil industry, i'm referring to people who want the constitution restored, what the hell are you talking about, your comment really wasn't well thought out, so i'll stop here because i'm not wasting my time talking to a monkey.

And if that was a burn, well....it blew...

my point is...that you seem to "hate" the "right" because they "arent like you and do not fit into your type"

which would make you guilty of the same type of intolerance that your complaining about...

i was just pointing out the irony in your statement...not tyin to "burn" anyone...

[edit on 30-8-2004 by Creepy]

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by build319

What do you think?

[edit on 24-8-2004 by John bull 1]

I think the right hates the folks who are on the left far more. They act like Democrats are satan's spawn and traitors for not sharing their narrow worldview. I used to be very partisan, myself. I'm coming from a Christian, Republican background, and I used to listen to Limbaugh (long ago) and all the crap on Fox news. Right-wing cable and radio is so vitriolic it's ridiculous. I've gotten much more tolerant and open-minded in the past few years, needless to say.

There are Democrats who are pretty angry, too. But, by and large, most of the liberals I know don't spend much time making personal attacks on their Republican counterparts. It's different. They mainly oppose the policies, whereas a lot of Republican partisans seem to go straight for Democrats' jugular in the personal sense.

Democrats don't care what people do in their personal lives.

Republicans want to tell everybody how they should live and behave.

Republicans used to be about privacy and less government intrusion. How things have changed.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I was just responding in general. I didn't actually mean to direct it at anyone. I was just saying how the same old stuff always comes up. Everytime I prove that George Bush isn't a complete idiot, or this wasn't just a war for oil...it gets ignored and another thread pops up and I wind up in the same exact circular logic. It's annoying. I'm sorry if I offended anyone, I was a little mad. And no, I don't see the democrats as being more accepting of the right... I think the right and the left dis-like each other pretty equally.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
You see, the true problem is in the fact that neither party wants to come to a common meeting place. The though of bi-partisanship has just been blown out the door and we have extremist politicians on EACH side that are underminding the entire system and political process. THIS is why I am libertarian, I have become so fed up with each side just biting at each others ankles for so long that we are not getting "ANYTHING" done. People on the left scream and say how the right are a bunch of conspirators and they we are all brain washed or looking out for world domination. The left seems more vocal about this but maybe thats just me. Then again I go visit my folks and my dad tells me on how the democrats are just scumbag criminals and how could you support one of them.

I'm just tired of it. I think that this country really needs a shock to the system and it is definately not in the two primary candidates that you see pasted all over the news today. I have made my choice but I at least try and look at the good in each side. Maybe thinking outside of the proverbial box is what this country needs....

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I hate ignorance parading itself as being humanly intelligent when it is not.

My Pledge: Here in after I shall treat those who cannot or will not expend enough energy in their brains to think articulately on a regular basis as human cattle.

That is probably what cynical right wing leaders do already.

The Die is cast.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank

My Pledge: Here in after I shall treat those who cannot or will not expend enough energy in their brains to think articulately on a regular basis as human cattle.

The Die is cast.

Well, for one, most people don't have a lot of time to research enough things, or experience enough things, to come to objective conclusions about things, so you have to forgive in advance. For two, if you have predisposed ideas about the worth of someone's intelligence, that will close you off from the beneficial flow of information, views, and ideas that can pass between two people. So, while discussing things can be frustrating, using pre-set intellectual ideals to define the people with whom you can converse is ultimately a dead end.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   

The Die is cast.

Not to be a jerk, but who are you to judge who cannot expend enough energy in their brains to think articulately on a regular basis as human catlle? I mean, alot of people think that I'm close-minded or "ignorant" just because I support Bush. I mean, yeah, if you're arguing with them and they continually do stupid things, then you know. But don't go in right away thinking that they're stupid. Oh, dinner time.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
The Universe is the die that was cast 10 or 20 billion years ago. I really have no say in it, But it sounds empowering to be Imperious about it. If some people lack something i think is is animal sense, not human sense.

They don't ask the simple questions like:

"If the economy is so much better why have i or am i afraid of losing my job?" [American corporations = smart; Americans = stupid]

"If I am expected to be a patriot and possibly sacrifice my son or daughter in a war fought for WMDs that don't exist, or a 911 connection that never existed, how come big corporations can get a PO box in the Bahamas to avoid paying any taxes and yet be allowed to still lobby congress? Aren't they expected to be patriotic too?" [American corporations = smart; Americans = stupid]

"Why are GE, Haliburton and Conoco do business with terrorist states like Iran, North Korea, Pakistan, Libya? Doesn't that help terrorists there?" [American corporations = smart; Americans = stupid]

"Why are we weakening pollution laws that make the air I and my children breathe and the water I and my children drink dirtier and sometimes out and out toxic and unusable? Why are big corporations supporting these kinds of actions?" [American corporations = smart; Americans = stupid] [footnote: since corporations are actually run by people some of whom have children, even the corporations are not so smart on this one]

"Why did the congress make it illegal for me, an individual investor, to sue an accounting firm involved with a corporations malefeasance? (Enron, Tyco, World Comm, Adephia, etc.)" [American corporations = smart; Americans = stupid]

"Why did the FCC pass rules that favored big media companies monopolizing stations and profit over a huge public outcry against it?" [American corporations = smart; Americans = stupid]

"Why did the prescription drug bill make it illegal for me to keep buying inexpensive drugs from Canada and force the US government to pay full retail price with out negotiations in healthcare programs?" [American corporations = smart; Americans = stupid]

"Why do all the bills passed by congress serve and help big corporations, when i am the one my congress person is supposed to represent?" [American corporations = smart; Americans = stupid]

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   

The Universe is the die that was cast 10 or 20 billion years ago. I really have no say in it, But it sounds empowering to be Imperious about it. If some people lack something i think is is animal sense, not human sense.

They don't ask the simple questions like:

"If the economy is so much better why have i or am i afraid of losing my job?" [American corporations = smart; Americans = stupid]

"If I am expected to be a patriot and possibly sacrifice my son or daughter in a war fought for WMDs that don't exist, or a 911 connection that never existed, how come big corporations can get a PO box in the Bahamas to avoid paying any taxes and yet be allowed to still lobby congress? Aren't they expected to be patriotic too?" [American corporations = smart; Americans = stupid]

"Why are GE, Haliburton and Conoco do business with terrorist states like Iran, North Korea, Pakistan, Libya? Doesn't that help terrorists there?" [American corporations = smart; Americans = stupid]

"Why are we weakening pollution laws that make the air I and my children breathe and the water I and my children drink dirtier and sometimes out and out toxic and unusable? Why are big corporations supporting these kinds of actions?" [American corporations = smart; Americans = stupid] [footnote: since corporations are actually run by people some of whom have children, even the corporations are not so smart on this one]

"Why did the congress make it illegal for me, an individual investor, to sue an accounting firm involved with a corporations malefeasance? (Enron, Tyco, World Comm, Adephia, etc.)" [American corporations = smart; Americans = stupid]

"Why did the FCC pass rules that favored big media companies monopolizing stations and profit over a huge public outcry against it?" [American corporations = smart; Americans = stupid]

"Why did the prescription drug bill make it illegal for me to keep buying inexpensive drugs from Canada and force the US government to pay full retail price with out negotiations in healthcare programs?" [American corporations = smart; Americans = stupid]

"Why do all the bills passed by congress serve and help big corporations, when i am the one my congress person is supposed to represent?" [American corporations = smart; Americans = stupid]

Well, last I checked, I didn't have a say in any votes listed above. Representatives of mine may have, but I haven't really checked lately. If you're so smart, tell me which of the representatives that you've voted for voted for which and what? I won't hold my breath for your response.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
The Right even hates it's own.

And it will not stomach moderates or real patriots.

LOOK AT THIS. THis is what those bastions of truth www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnkerry.com... are doing to McCain RIGHT NOW as he speaks FOR BUSH at the RNC.

The vets against Kerry McCain page:
www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnkerry.com...

Evil, hateful SOB's. The right will never let McCain be President.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Just because some dude makes a page about John McCain, doesn't meant that all the right wingers are against him. Bush and McCain don't agree on everything, nobody does.

At least they don't breed their campaign on hate, like the liberals

(SOME sarcasm intended)

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
Just because some dude makes a page about John McCain, doesn't meant that all the right wingers are against him. Bush and McCain don't agree on everything, nobody does.

At least they don't breed their campaign on hate, like the liberals

(SOME sarcasm intended)

Would you like to know who this "dude" is? He's helped Bush get nominated over McCain and is currently coordinating attacks on Kerry for him (while he bashes McCain).

From Kerry source:

This new round of attacks [on Kerry] comes from a familiar name -- Ted Sampley -- who has a long history of irrational public attacks against both John McCain and John Kerry. In 1992 Sampley created a fake photo of John Kerry shooting an American MIA. He has been jailed for starting a fight with John McCain's staff, and has called McCain the Manchurian Candidate, accusing him of being "brainwashed by the Vietnamese" and being a "KGB spy."

Ted Sampley is now the head of "Vietnam Veterans Against Kerry" and a supporter of "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth." He has been telling lies about John Kerry, and today he launched an extraordinarily false ad smearing John Kerry's military service.

To view this ad click here:

www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnkerry.org...

Same "dude" with the McCain page.

Who breeds hate? Where's your new rant post on the latest ATS threads?

ALL DEMS ARE AGAINST RELIGION, or ALL ANTI-BUSH POSTERS ARE FOREIGNERS. Want me to link all the hate from the right for you? You seem to find examples from the left on your own just fine.

No sarcasm. The truth.

[Edited on 30-8-2004 by RANT]

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Wow, you want to make it serious? Go ahead, make a poll or something. There are SO MANY more Bush bashing threads, threads about how Bush is some crazy guy in a secret society, the devil, went into the war for the wrong reason, threads devoted just for insults and jokes on him, than threads from the right that are bred from hate. There's that guy who made that thread, "WHY YOU ALL SEEM TO BASH USA'S POWER?" or something like that. While I sympathise slightly with him, I didn't support that thread. You're making me out as some kind of hypocrite; I'm not. And my rant threads are there to get even with all this hate that's being bred from the leftists. I don't hate the liberals at all. I have numerous friends that are liberal. You have to admit, though, that there are MANY more hateful threads on this forum directed at right wingers, than left wingers.

Funny story, not really trying to offend you. Today, I was almost attacked by a liberal
. I was walking with my friend (A liberal by the way). My school has locked the Soda machines in order to "Make kids more healthy". I'm already in pretty good shape myself, so this made me kind of mad even though I wasn't looking for a soda. My friend, on the other hand, was. We went searching for one that they might have missed. As we walking by a group of kids, I said JOKINGLY "See? You call your self a liberal, yet you're mad when the administration does something completely liberal like this". taking away some of our freedoms in order to make us healthier". Well, I hear one of the kids yell, "Yeah, those conservatives sure are pansies!" I yell back (thinking they were kidding) Yeah, those LIBERALS are sure wussies!!". I keep walkign with my friend. We finally found a machine that they missed, he got his soda, and we were walking to our group of friends. I notice the kids are following me. They repeat their statement. I say "Conservatives support the war, if anyone is a wuss, it's liberals" (I'm still kidding by the way). I keep walking to my friends. I stop, turn around, and realize the liberal kids are still behind me. They say "Stop saying SH--- while you're walking away!!" Realizing that they aren't kidding, I laugh in their faces and say "say what sh---"? "What did I say?" Being the neanderthal's that they are, and not knowing why they wanted to fight me, they pause longer...I say "I said my friend here's a liberal". The leader walks behind me, says "Good job" to my friend, and walks away....walks away...interesting. Which party is the violent one now?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join