It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe in curses? (I am wondering if I am indeed, cursed)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Thank you all for your replies.

At the point all this started, mostly with the car accident, I believed life was good, thing's in general were quite well, I would've considered myself more blessed than cursed.

It's just the seemingly random strings of events that keep happening, last nite I almost ended up in hospital with a severe concussion. I am trying to entertain the notion I am not cursed, I am somewhat into witchcraft (I use the term loosely), as is my ex, whom I believe may be behind this.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by LilFox

At the point all this started, mostly with the car accident, I believed life was good, thing's in general were quite well, I would've considered myself more blessed than cursed.

It's just the seemingly random strings of events that keep happening, last nite I almost ended up in hospital with a severe concussion. I am trying to entertain the notion I am not cursed, I am somewhat into witchcraft (I use the term loosely), as is my ex, whom I believe may be behind this.

you said yourself that the accident didn't kill you when it should have.
What if that accident caused you severe injury or even death instead?
What if instead of reporting your dogs, your strung out neighbor decided to take care of the issue personally?
What if that medication ends up causing those on it severe issues or side effects in the future?
What if your suicidal former gal decided to try it again, but this time take you with her?

Really, I believe there is no such thing as curses, and I don't believe in fate either. These things happened, fine. They seem bad on the surface, but it is very possible that had things turned out differently you could very well be in worse shape than you are now. Maybe you aren't cursed, maybe you are blessed.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
"feeling cursed" is the worst thing you can do, because you admit that you are not under control of your life, you succumb to the bad events in your life and let them happen and blame them on something external.

Only with a positive outlook (REGARDLESS of what happens in life) you can actually create change..if you don't believe in good things they cannot and wont happen.

You will not get rich by believing you are cursed and poor for the rest of your life. You wont get healthy if you don't believe in a healthier life..you wont lose weight if you believe you are born to be fat etc.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I,ve read and often thought myself about dying in one life plane and surviving
in the next, but things really suck. there is an older thread about this on
here. Through my own experiences I have thought about it , and when I stumbled
on the thread here, it really made me think.
try and find it.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LilFox

Hmmm you say you are "somewhat" into witchcraft.

My problem with witchcraft are cursing and spells. A witch that curses wants evil to happen to another human being. A spell is a witch wanting to control or influence the mind of another.

I'm a firm believer in the axiom: "what you reap is what you sow".

I had a friend who claimed to be a witch...I noticed my luck and health were not the best when I was friends with him. I remember him saying he cursed his own sister because of a small disagreement. He cursed another driver because of a slight inconvience. He cursed his girlfriend's job interview because he didn't want her to get the job. He said absolutely insane things.

At the time I thought he was mostly joking and blowing off hot air but apparently he was serious about it. I can only imagine the things he was thinking about me while we were friends...I am glad we are no longer friends.

Whenever I hear anyone say they are a witch or into witchcraft I stay as far away from those people as possible. I believe bad things happen to witches....and I don't want to be around them when they do.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by GrassyKnoll

Let me just say that I do not do anything to hurt anyone, karma tends to sort most nasty types out.

My ex that stalked me, cheated on me etc... her life was so crap (we were friends for a while) it may well be her being payed out on by life for being nasty to myself and others, she stalked me for a decade, I cannot think she would harbor nice feelings towards me.

I have, participated in and practiced chaos magic for a large portion of my life, I know quite well what happens to those whom curse others and act in such manners, they never last long. I have never cursed or made any effort to do anything close to it to anyone.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by LilFox

I come from NZ, and one of my good friends was telling me about curses that get thrown at you.
She said that mainly after the curse is throw (like a day or so, sometimes a couple of hours) your eye starts to hurt and go bung (swollen).

I cant remember the rest of what she was told me, but i guess it depends on the caster (Black magick, voodoo, or just someone that doesnt like you).

Curses get thrown around quite a bit, as well as bad luck.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
If you're cursed then God himself must have it out for me! With in a 6 year period I've broke my back,my bf was killed in a car wreck, I was diagnosed with a large brain tumor and went through surgery and radiation which left me disabled, my sister at the age of 37 died of a heart attack! Its called life sometimes it kicks you squarely in the nuts. The most important thing is to stay positive and watch out for depression.You have to pull your self up by the boot straps and think of all the good things in your life!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I am mindful of what I have, life is a balance, right now the scales are so far sideways its not funny.

I had a heart attack at 27, you have my deepest sympathies. Even today, I was nearly hit by a car, was so close the guy stopped to see if he hit me, seems the driver didn't see me crossing at the lights, on the green, with a headlamp on, looking at him...
(He realised when I yelled some rather, un-ladylike phrases in his direction)

I need not go into the large list of things, homeless for over a decade, bad things happened. Something has to change.
edit on 13/9/2011 by LilFox because: Addition

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
"I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become."
— C.G. Jung

Followed by

"You are what you do, not what you say you'll do."
— C.G. Jung

Both applicable to your situation, now man up and deal with it!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LilFox

There are some days when it feels like I can take no more, where I think damn I should just give up.On those days I head out into the woods find a nice quite place sit down and have myself a good ole blubbering fit

I do it in the woods because number one If anyone saw me they would think I was a crazy person lol and number two after my pity party I sit and really think about all the beauty around me. Its amazing how looking at the intricate pattern of a fern or listening to the birds signing around you can bring such a calm and happiness to your soul! Now for this me works and probably wouldn't work for others but I hope you can find something that brings you a happiness like that and remember sometimes you just have to let loose all the pain that is in you.
edit on 13-9-2011 by jrkelly77 because: because I can't spell for the life of me

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join