It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharpen Your Knife with a Coffee Cup

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by potential_problem

Originally posted by PayMeh
I found this on youtube and thought it was a neat piece of info to have. Not only is it good for the chefs that end up invited to Thanksgiving dinner and find themselves being the "chef of honor" in a dilapidated kitchen with dull knives, but you never know what you'll have at your disposal in a survival situation. I'm cross posting everywhere to get the info out.

www.youtube.com...

Edit: I've forgotten how to embed here, if someone could help me out..

edit on 9-9-2011 by PayMeh because: (no reason given)

one question:

are you accepting suicide, even after using your multi-star-status-making-method for 15y.o. kids readin useless bs?

yes, it is serious question.

no normal man, when talking about survival would use "happy face" EMOTICON>

i am ashamed about US kids with their yt bull# while 2.5 mln of Somalia people is dying while ONZ is thinking where to make money.
While Palestinian People are theft from their land.

tELL THE WORLD STH FUNNY, YOU #ING OP.
is your armchair COMFORTABLE WHILE EARNING another billion of # for funny yt mods?

i'd like you to translate this:

wale, tu chodzi o życie. (movie citation).

addendum:
try to make stars with Vietnam disabled Veterans f-ed up by their own gvmt, kid.

guys ATS is US gvmt tube, or rich kid toy, REALIZE THIS.
edit on 9-9-2011 by potential_problem because: (no reason given)

You know, it's funny how people who complain about what is happening in Somalia by the warlords who commit genocide and demand that others do something, are never actually doing anything else but complaining about it.

Is your armchair comfortable?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Maybe the world is tired of your bull crap. Did you ever think of that? Nooo, because you are too busy complaining to do anything else positive. That is all you people do is complain, complain, complain. Yet I never hear a thank you from anyone like you who gladly take the handouts of food and jobs that the US gives people in other countries.

So perhaps the US is tired of your bull crap. And it is bull crap when all you do is complain. And if you had read my profile, perhaps you would know that I am not a dude.

Why don't you get off your butt and go join the Peace Corps or some other organization of benevolence and buy cows for people or donate money to the needy or, even get this, why don't you go raise crops to feed the hungry like so many American farmers do. The truth is, you like us and our giving, you want to be like us, and deep down you love our television shows and our movies. The sad thing is you are not grown up enough to admit it.

The bull crap is pretty deep over there.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I look forward to trying this next time I'm at my in-laws, or maybe when I'm in the office. Never a sharp knife, nor a file or stone in sight.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Thats amazing! I don't have a knife sharpener and I am due to buy a new set of knifes. I just tried that method and my knifes are now slicing onions again with ease!! Thank you very, very much poster

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Um.

Angry much?

@ the OP and other contributers,

thanks for all the good ideas.

In ALL things, I'm looking for a "better way".
edit on 9/9/11 by felonius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

Originally posted by Gazrok
I personally like my Ginsu knives for cooking. Remains one of the only As Seen On TV items my wife ever got, that actually seems to live up to the claims. The other is the Foreman Grill, man I love that thing....and the Magic Bullet (a must have at parties).

Of course, there's plenty of other crap she's bought that just collects dust....lol.

Please don't forget Mr. Microphone. That baby rocked the neighborhood when I was a kid

Good times!!

Ohh man .... you just took me back.
Im pullin out the K-Tel records.. and puttin on some KC !!!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I think the point being made is that there is a difference between sharpening, and just straightening a blade. The coffee mug method is just straightening the blade that has been damaged from hitting the cutting board or plate you are using. Actual sharpening involves taking some metal off and making a new edge. I was a butcher in my younger years and this was the first thing I was taught about the knives. I would go through a knife in about a month of cutting, that is using the oiled sharpening stone about every two days.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
i'm poor and want to sharpen my hatchet. it's a thick blunt edge... i have used it but it is a pain... never been sharpened. would concrete help or would i appear to have gone completely insane on my patio.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

Ok first of all this could work….however the video is kinda iffy …the first time he tries to cut the paper he doesn’t use his right hand to pull the paper upward, (one without the knife) ………… but the second demonstration you can clearly see him pulling the paper upward.
And then he don’t cut the tomato after wards sooooooooooooo? I think the couple swipes on each side of a knife with the uncoated side of a coffee cup are not factual.

**plus it’s not the same piece of paper

edit on 10-9-2011 by Sippy Cup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

wow, thanks for the reminder!
I knew about this long ago, but completely forgot about it until now.
and I just did it with my pocket knife before posting..
and it works even better than I remember! lol.
Very niice!
My pocket knife went from really, quite dull, to a sweet edge!
its very sharp now. Did about 50 passes on each side.

Thanks.

Might come in handy here stuck in the middle of a flood with no electricity or water.

Peace, love, and sharp knives. lol
edit on 10-9-2011 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sippy Cup
reply to post by PayMeh

Ok first of all this could work….however the video is kinda iffy …the first time he tries to cut the paper he doesn’t use his right hand to pull the paper upward, (one without the knife) ………… but the second demonstration you can clearly see him pulling the paper upward.
And then he don’t cut the tomato after wards sooooooooooooo? I think the couple swipes on each side of a knife with the uncoated side of a coffee cup are not factual.

**plus it’s not the same piece of paper

edit on 10-9-2011 by Sippy Cup because: (no reason given)

d'oh.
try it or shush. lol
it works beautifully!.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join