It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Hits Netherlands!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
4.2 Mag Quake only 14 km deep. Near Nuclear Power Plant (again)

Most unusual area to have a quake!

www.youtube.com...

www.iris.edu...

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Mon Sep 19 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Unbelievable! They hadn't had a quake since... I don't know... 900 AD??? It is indeed a highly unusual area to suffer a quake, so they could be completely unprepared... Thankfully, it was a small one. Hope everyone is alright. Thanks for the heads up OP! S&F

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Definitely not huge but at only 14km deep - I'd be surprised if there isn't any damage. Hope they're all ok.

Perhaps someone from there will come on and tell us about it.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I am from the Netherlands, and this is weird, we almost never have earthquakes here, and close to a nuclear powerplant? hmmm i smell conspiracy...
edit on 9-9-2011 by Silend because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
is it just me or has there very recently been a bunch of crazy topics on ATS recently??

Power outages, floods, terror threats, very uncommon earthquake occuring, DOS attack on ATS targeting this thread according to skepticoverlord (site owner)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Silend

Do you know of any damage - hope not. Yes very unusual to have a quake there.

Apparently this guy is saying that there's seismic tension breaking out all over the planet - could possibly lead to a huge quake soon.

theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

Also Norway is currently suffering bad flooding which is disrupting transport.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

Not sure what you mean by Dos attack - no good with computers, I just type on them. If you put it in kindergarten language I might understand but it does sound ominous. What does it suggest???

edit on 9-9-2011 by quedup because: correction

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I live in The Netherlands, about 15 km from Rotterdam. I didn't get any shaking here. Where exactly is the epicenter?
Definitely a weird event, quakes are not really common here in the Low Lands.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Hundroid

Check out this link and click on the Netherlands Quake or check out the other link in my first post where you will perhaps recognize the place names.

www.iris.edu...

Here's the other link:
www.youtube.com...
edit on 9-9-2011 by quedup because: Further information

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
reply to post by seenavv

Not sure what you mean by Dos attack - no good with computers, I just type on them. If you put it in kindergarten language I might understand but it does sound ominous. What does it suggest???

edit on 9-9-2011 by quedup because: correction

im not EXACTLY sure what a DOS (denial of service) attack is but it is a common attack hackers use to deny users access to a webpage

www.abovetopsecret.com...

some people in that thread claimed they were getting a 503 error on ATS

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

It appears to be a bona-fide denial of service attack from compromised computers in the US.

Our support/security service has identified and blocked the IP range.
edit on 9-9-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

Thanks for that - yes I did see a thread earlier about that error - Mmm strange!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Most probably a HAARP attack, although this was only a test i´d wager, to see if they can affect the area. Prepare for a big one which will rupture your floodbarriers and drown the country. I´d get out ASAP.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imogene72
Unbelievable! They hadn't had a quake since... I don't know... 900 AD??? It is indeed a highly unusual area to suffer a quake, so they could be completely unprepared... Thankfully, it was a small one. Hope everyone is alright. Thanks for the heads up OP! S&F

Quake 1992

In 1992 we had also a bigger 5.8 magnitude quake.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Lunica

Oh, I am sorry, I did not know this (I was 3 years old), and I did not want to sound aggressive or ironic, I just meant that it is really unusual for you guys.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I live in Wassenaar (close to Den Haag) and work in Amsterdam, and i did not feel anything. Ill keep an open eye and ear and report anything i hear/see on the news, freinds and other sources.

Strange indeed though, i remember as a child being happy that i lived in Europe, beacuse we do not have any earthquakes, tornados or tidal waves, is all this about to change ???

Or just Haarp test, (well just and just).

Could also have something to do with Elenin if it is indeed more than a comet, as it is getting progressivly closer.

Im open to any explination, however it just happend is not accaptable for me, as there are no major fault lines in NL.

Any thoughts as to why?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Also from the Netherlands, Den Haag region. Haven't felt it either, since the epicenter was about 40km from Nijmegen (east of netherlands on the dutch/german border).

The depth of the quake was around 7km, but there haven't been any reports of damage.. Just concerned citizens calling the agencies.

Experts say these quakes happen every 10-20 years.. Last "big one" was in 1992 at roermod as linked in earlier posts.

Conclusion, nothing to worry about since it's nothing out of the ordinary at this time. Can't hurt to keep an eye out for more unusual events though! ;-)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I've found something on the news about the quake:

NOS.NL

Translated by Google:

The shock was felt at 21:03 in large parts of the country . The police received many calls from concerned citizens, especially from Gelderland, Utrecht, Limburg and North Brabant, but also from the vicinity of The Hague. KNMI had until midnight 4000 reports of people who had felt the quake. The quake had a magnitude of 4.5 on the Richter scale. This is the third most violent earthquake in the Netherlands in the past one hundred years.
Fault Line: The epicenter was in Xanten, Germany, just across the border at Nijmegen. There is a break in the earth's crust that according to KNMI once every ten to twenty years has caused an earthquake. The worst earthquake ever struck the Netherlands in 1992 near Roermond. Which had a magnitude of 5.8. There were no casualties, but the damage in the Netherlands amounted to 77 million euros.

I am not far from The Hague, but yesterday evening I didn't feel anything. Nothing to be worried in the end

Peace,

Hundroid

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by WiseThinker

It gets some media attention here in Belgium as well: s ource
It's reported as a 4.6 Mag., the epicenter was in Nijmegen.
Apparently the quake was felt in Brussels and Namen, although we didn't notice anything here in the North.

edit on 9/9/11 by Movhisattva because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Seriously, I've seen this one a few times now and even though some of the facts aren't either translated correctly or correct the theory is a different one...but could he be on the money?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

That video is excellent - thank you! The guy sounds very genuine and I for one believe what he is saying - God help us all - this thing can only lead to one eventuality - extinction!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join