It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parallels: Super Solar Storm of 1859 and today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
"Repeat of 1859 Carrington Event would devastate modern world, experts say" according to the National Geographic last March Nat'l Geo

Or read this: Solar Carrington Event Repeat Today Would Collapse Civilization
from Future Pundit written in 1992.

Now, follow me here with the parallels. This is NOT my original idea, but I think it is quite clever. I found it on another blog site where someone suggested checking if any comets were around during the Carrington Event. (Yes, another Elenin thread!)

I went on the JPL browser site which many of you are familiar with ssd.jpl.nasa.gov... and put in c/ in the search area, which then spits out the comets. 109P/Swift-Tuttle just happened to be at perihelion on that September 1 date in 1859. Now, you may argue that Swift-Tuttle was also around here just last 1992, and I don't recall any disasters. However, if you watch the diagram of JPL for the perihelion date, you will see it is no where near Earth. BUT in 1859 it is lined up very much the same as Elenin is lining up. except that is is coming from the opposite direction. And if I can read the data correctly, Swift Tuttle was only a measley 26 km big.

OK, if I messed up the data, I apologise, I'm no scientist. But it looks pretty clear to me that it was perceived as a threat to our power grid - thus the genuine fear of Elenin. I did a search and couldn't find anyone else lining this up.

[OK, here is my conspiracy theory - say TPTB perceived this threat - and it happened on perihelion in 1859 - and suspected we would have a major outage around perihelion 2011. So what, stage a 9-11 event to line the anniversary up with perihelion - so that when or if the power grids screw up you can blame it on terrorists?? - OK, I'm really getting out there now??? P.S., my 5 yr old saw an alien spaceship in the neighbours back yard this morning also. I'd better check the whole family into the cuckoo's nest]

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
It's all about connecting the dots.

You could be onto something here even if it does seem a stretch.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ovumcranium

Nice find OP.

TPTB certainly are planning another false flag attack soon to keep the fear running.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

How many threads have you said this now?

Sounds like you're willing it to happen.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Its is going to happen but obviously, I don't know when.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
hhmmm... very interesting. Guess we shall soon see.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Yeah, and sometimes the S starts to HTF very slowly..... one little turd at a time......

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
This is , in my opinion , the only possible danger that we face from Elinin. It could , just possibly pull some large solar flairs off the sun , so to speak , if the electric universe theory is correct. Interesting correlation and nice thread OP.

new topics

top topics

join