It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eben Ezer/Emael, Home of a 70 million year old civilization?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
This is something I found on a fun site and found it worth posting here on ATS.

Just outside of Maastricht (Netherlands) in the Belgian countryside lays Eben-Emael, an inactive fortress that saw a decisive Nazi victory in May of 1940. Since the war the fort has been been abandoned but is still open to the public. With a few relics leftover, there wasn’t a whole lot to see. That is, until 1963 when a man with a religious obsession and too much time on his hands decided to build a medieval looking tower.

Well, interesting, but that's nothing ancient, however:

The most interesting thing about the tower is where the basement leads; an ancient series tunnels that go on for miles. Many of the tunnels lead to dead ends, but some turn into vast, winding labyrinths where quarries, ancient tools and fossils have been discovered. According to Robert, one of the tunnels leads to an ancient town which he claimed was “70 million” years old and housed a never-discovered civilization.

Source: thereifixedit.failblog.org...

One of the others sources mentions this:

Some distance from where his tower is, following the underground tunnels, he found an underground village. This village, he claims, was once cut into the rocks, but was exposed to the open air. On top of the village are now three layers of ocean deposits, showing that Belgium has been covered three times by the ocean. This means that the village existed some 70 million years ago. In archeology this is unheard of. Moreover, he says that all the walls, and stone benches had been cut into flint rock, and that all surfaces in these houses are smooth. This is a second anomaly, as flint cannot be worked, it chips, and stays rough.

www.soul-guidance.com...

I find it quite interesting, it feeds the rumors of "the hollow Earth" and unknown advanced civilizations. My gut feeling says there is more to this because there are so many rumors about advanced civilizations from around the world. When I have the time, I will visit the place and have a look by myself, it's only 60 miles from where I live.

Links:
atlasobscura.com...
www.soul-guidance.com...
thereifixedit.failblog.org...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Fascinating! I'm going to read up on this as soon as I get home from work!

S&F OP!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Great thread! How did you find out about this place? I've never heard of it...I'm doing some research in the morning. Thank you! S and F!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I'd be interested in your accounts once you visit the location. Very interesting, thanks for the post!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

Interesting thread , s&f from me ...

History is very light on truth , and here is a
fascinating glimpse into an unknown past .,
that cannot be de-bunked . Uncharted and
extensive tunneling with smooth walls ,
surely point to a mystery of epic proportions .
It has been said mankind has existed four times ,
previous to our known civilisations. Near extinction
events occurred to wipe all but the hidden
evidence , away . .... Giving rise to Noah legends .
It has also been hinted that these forgotten peoples
had technologies that elude us now .
It amazes me that such a site has been ignored ,
and that many more discoveries lie down there !

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

i wana go there
theres nothing like urban exploring
ive been in some amazing tunnels, drains and places like that but this would be pretty fun

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by radarloveguy

I'm amazed that it's "in my backyard", the more I research the history of the Region I live in, the more fascinating things start to surface. For example the many myths and stories about dragons in the area. Maybe I will go there in two weeks and visit the place.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Regenstorm,
its very close to where I live, I never heard of the place cause I moved here only a month ago. If you want to explore the tunnels I am available. No idea if its possible, lets find out

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Very interesting, you guys planning on exploring it, please report your findings on here. Some photo's or a uploaded video even better! Good luck and safety 1st.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
It sounds like he may have encountered a neolithic flint mine

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ahamarlin

Would be great, I have to talk to my girlfriend about it to see if she comes along and when. BTW, Sundays (25th?) would be best.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Seriously cool find would love to know more about it. Shame that the mining engineers destroyed the tunnel. Maybe there is another entrance.Hope you guys can get in. Pics would be fastinating.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Interesting find even if it ended up being only a neolithic mine site as Hanslune suggested. Too bad it was destroyed.

BTW, found a documentary about this. Unfortunately for me, it's not in english
so, if anyone would be so kind, a translation would be very helpful.

Die Steine der Apokalypse documentary
edit on 9/9/2011 by Mad Simian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
If he is telling the truth he would have provided proof. If he did not prove it immediately he is likely delusional, hoaxing or lying. This one appears easy to write off as nonsense.
edit on 9/9/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Did someone shoot Santa Claus in front of you as a child?

This is a very fascinating thread, be it true or false, it inspires thought and may provide connections to someone reading this.

Thanks for sharing, S+F.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

That's exactly what I was thinking...you beat me too it

Thanks for sharing OP

edit on 9/9/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePublicEnemyNo1

Originally posted by Hanslune

That's exactly what I was thinking...you beat me too it

Thanks for sharing OP

edit on 9/9/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

Sorry I'll try to be more lackadaisical in the future! I've seen a few of these in Europe and they often had rude shelters attached to them, a habitation. The flint miners were also aggressive and would follow a vein - which would account for the remnants being under other layers. Pure speculation on my part as we have little real information. I would suspect that there is an archaeological report on that site in French or Flemish, probably from the 19th century. A local Librarian would probably know that or the faculty of the nearest college, perhaps Liege or Maastricht.

Ah - answered my own question, the other name for where the fort was is Mount Saint Peter's and it is noted for its neolithic flint mines......

I would suggest also looking at the Neolithic flint mines in Spiennes, Belgium for an example of this type of mine
edit on 9/9/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Very interesting, indeed. Would love to know more.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
This remindes me of H. P. Lovecraft - "The Rats in the Walls" The tower, leading to tunnels, which leads to older and older towns and such. Just thinking about this is giving me the Willies!

DC

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm
reply to post by radarloveguy

I'm amazed that it's "in my backyard", the more I research the history of the Region I live in, the more fascinating things start to surface. For example the many myths and stories about dragons in the area. Maybe I will go there in two weeks and visit the place.

Oooooh, cool, let us know what you discover. Oh and...please start a thread on those dragons!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join