It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michele Bachmann's Holy War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/160357c039e5.jpg[/atsimg]

Close your eyes, take a deep breath, and, as you consider the career and future presidential prospects of an incredible American phenomenon named Michele Bachmann, do one more thing. Don't laugh.

It may be the hardest thing you ever do, for Michele Bachmann is almost certainly the funniest thing that has ever happened to American presidential politics.

Bachmann is a religious zealot whose brain is a raging electrical storm of divine visions and paranoid delusions. She believes that the Chinese are plotting to replace the dollar bill, that light bulbs are killing our dogs and cats, and that God personally chose her to become both an IRS attorney who would spend years hounding taxpayers and a raging anti-tax Tea Party crusader against big government. She kicked off her unofficial presidential campaign in New Hampshire, by mistakenly declaring it the birthplace of the American Revolution. "It's your state that fired the shot that was heard around the world!" she gushed. "You are the state of Lexington and Concord, you started the battle for liberty right here in your backyard."

www.rollingstone.com...

Wow. I had no idea about this woman. In my book anyone who claims to speak to god is absolutely barking mad. She may be following Bush's lead here although I cannot understand how normal rational Americans can go for this? She is a lunatic, people who claim to speak with god generally are. In the current political climate it seems as if she may be in for a chance in 2012, or she could just be another Palin beating the proverbial fish to death as it were.

I don't know much about the TEA PARTY but is this woman seriously the main candidate? If so we're in for one hell of a ride.....Hold on to your heads people.
edit on 9-9-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Sep 9 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

late-stage Kim Jong-Il crazy

classic.. Totaly agree with everything said in that brilliant article. It feels like some sort of surreal nightmare when people like this neurotic, fanatical nutjob are even considered presidential material...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

ahah my thoughts exactly! What is going on in the world when people who claim to be in regular contact with God are considered presidential material? It is a pretty good indicator than we're on a road to hell.....

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
America has survived such people before.
Pat Robertson back in '88.
The look of horror on the faces of traditional Republicans when he won the Iowa straw poll was something to behold.

Religious zealots don't pass muster in American party politics in the end.
I'm not worrying, as crazy as America has become we're not that crazy, yet.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Anyone insisting that the only way to a proper modern American life is through the mandates of an ancient religious book is a deluded moron

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I just feel that with all the general confusion going on in the political spectrum that she may be elected, the tea party always has a lot of support on ATS for example and if this woman is the real deal then we are obviously getting behind a complete lunatic...this is what worries me, the state of things.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
the tea party always has a lot of support on ATS for example and if this woman is the real deal then we are obviously getting behind a complete lunatic...

Bachmann is a complete lunatic and the "Tea Party" is rapidly funneling itself down to a party of radicals and a handful of principled hangers-on. Those remaining are being exploited by Dominionists and Bachmann is their siren, shamelessly dispensing their bizarre ideology.

I personally don't believe America will elect Bachmann and if she becomes the Republican candidate it's a guarantee of Obama's re-election. She's just too easy to demagogue.

edit on 9-9-2011 by traditionaldrummer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Fortunately, in the immediate, she is not really a true candidate.
Scary, for the future, in that the likes of her ilk continue to garner attention.
Delusional? Yes. Future President? No. Unless Nibiru is real and I gas is $2.00 a gallon, then anything is possible.

CJ

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
When I hear her speak I think...dang, have we be transported back in time to freaking 1500 when people still believed the earth was flat!

Maybe she should just shut her pie hole,or run for president of this society....
www.alaska.net...

"Deprogramming the masses since 1547."
edit on 9-9-2011 by Wetpaint72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

...Wow. I had no idea about this woman...

If this article is all you've read, you still don't.

On the Tax Attorney vs Tax Crusader I wonder about her experiences there adding fuel to her fire to kill it in it's current form? You know like, nobody is more anti-smoking than former smokers?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TreadUpon

...Wow. I had no idea about this woman...

If this article is all you've read, you still don't.

On the Tax Attorney vs Tax Crusader I wonder about her experiences there adding fuel to her fire to kill it in it's current form? You know like, nobody is more anti-smoking than former smokers?

She said she was a tax attorney because that is what her husband told her to be.

"'Tax law? I hate taxes. Why should I go do something like that?' " Ms. Bachmann said in 2006 remarks at the Living Word Christian Center in Brooklyn Park, Minn., recounting a conversation she had with her husband. "But, by faith, I was going to be faithful to what God was calling me to do through my husband, and I finished that course of study."

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

Fortunately, in the immediate, she is not really a true candidate.
Scary, for the future, in that the likes of her ilk continue to garner attention.
Delusional? Yes. Future President? No. Unless Nibiru is real and I gas is $2.00 a gallon, then anything is possible.

CJ

Well I guess thats a bit of a relief. Although your second point is also a troubling notion, it seems as if people of her ilk are garnering more and more attention and acceptance in the general public and THAT is worrying to me.

Cheers for the response friend, you're right on the money.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Great article, thanks for that. I should keep up on Rolling Stone more often as Matt Taibbi seems to be one of the few actual journalists left in Amerika.

I keep shaking my head, hoping to get the rocks in there to rearrange themselves, but I still ain't getting it - how in the world can anyone support this lobotomized broad. She's nuttier than a case of Planters peanuts and yet she's a front runner for president? Seriously?

They have been brainwashing us for so long that we don't know reality from non-reality anymore and this chick is proof of that. I wouldn't want this chick watching my pet goldfish and people want her leading this country?

Yet the MSM will call Ron Paul kooky and all kinds of names when he speaks logic and sense yet, here we are, talking not about him and actual solutions to our problems but this psychotic chick.

Amerika's broken. When a fool like Bachmann gets this close to Presidency it's proof we have gone bat-spit insane.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

Amen brother.

The sad fact of it is that people like her garner more attention than others, and in this mixed up confused climate/world that we live in its easy to lose track of where we're going. This being a prime example.

Right on the money my friend

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Here's a funny for ya.

Mom listens to Repub radio religiously, thinks all those guys are Gods. Just to let you know where she's coming from. So I says to her "Michelle Bachmann is full of spit".

I figure that is something any sane, logical thinking person with a few working brain cells could suss out, and Mom looks at me, in all seriousness and asks me why I said that.

I didn't have a response. Just blinked and walked away. How does one counter such ignorance? Mom is the lady who drove a hundred miles last year to hear Sarah Palin speak, which is the act of a insane person and she has no clue as to how screwy this chick is(or Palin, for that matter but I think that's obvious as the old lady traveled to see her and she goes nowhere for the most part, ever).

Anyone who thinks any of the MSM supported candidates are good candidates clearly needs a lobotomy as they want nothing more than to crush us useless mouth-breathers into dust and Bachmann is clearly the religious nut to do just that. I could easily see this biotch killing people who don't agree with her. Aligning herself with the WBC because she so clearly hates gays(who frakking cares??????????) or something even more idiotic(what that might be I don't know). As if what she and her hubby have done so far isn't idiotic enough(de-gayification clinic, anyone?).

We live in Bizarro world. This chick is sane and Ron Paul is loony.

Interesting, weird analogy. Ron Paul is to politics as Rush is to Rock n Roll. If you listen to the "intelligentsia", then neither exists or are not even worth listening to. In the end(no pun intended but it works really cool nonetheless) both have prospered and thrived whilst being bashed from every conceivable angle. While some bands have had their fifteen minutes, Rush is one of the worlds biggest touring acts and has a track record(consecutive gold albums) that is behind only the Beatles and the Stones. Thirty years plus later both Rush and RP are better than ever, still not breaking, doing what they have always known is right. They PROVED themselves.

Rush has won their battles and now is given the respect they deserve(frak the RnR hall of shame, though, but that's irrelevant as they suck donkey gonads), now it's time for fools like Bachmann to go away and let RP do his thing, even if it doesn't work. No one else has a better plan other than status quo and that's obviously not working. We don't need a religious nut who speaks to "god" for tips on how to rob people while working for the IRS. We need a president with actual solutions to actual problems, not the voices in some insane broads head to lead us.

I guess I rambled a bit there. Sorry for the tiny novel. I'll leave with a quote from Rush - "Those who know what's best for us must rise and save us from ourselves" - Witch Hunt.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Rolling Stone has turned from a cutting edge music publication, to another liberal rag.

What does Bachmann have to do with the music industry?

Lame.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

It's in the politics section man, has nothing to do with music. Music magazines are allowed to comment on political issues, especially when they;re as crazy as this. I think it's good

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

the tea party always has a lot of support on ATS for example and if this woman is the real deal then we are obviously getting behind a complete lunatic...

Bachmann is a complete lunatic and the "Tea Party" is rapidly funneling itself down to a party of radicals and a handful of principled hangers-on. Those remaining are being exploited by Dominionists and Bachmann is their siren, shamelessly dispensing their bizarre ideology.

I personally don't believe America will elect Bachmann and if she becomes the Republican candidate it's a guarantee of Obama's re-election. She's just too easy to demagogue.

Let's see... 'the tea party always has a lot of support on ATS for example'. So what? You say that a s if it's a bad thing. The TPM is a solid grassroots org, made up of all types of Americans. What is wrong with that?

And then 'the "Tea Party" is rapidly funneling itself down to a party of radicals and a handful of principled hangers-on'. You're deluding yourself, bud. Wishful thinking on your part. The TPM is growing at a solid rate and their influence is being felt at many levels. They are a force to be dealt with. Just look how FRANTIC people like Maxine Waters and Jimmy Hoffa are about them. It's hilarious!

And to both of you, the TPM has not endorsed any presidential candidate. They are not a political party; they are a grassroots org, a PAC similar to AARP or the NEA. You won't find a check box for TPM on any ballot. And they do not represent the GOP; in fact they actively campaign against incumbent GOP'ers in many cases.

new topics

top topics

join