It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Team Feared Coup If He Prosecuted War Crimes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Obama Team Feared Coup If He Prosecuted War Crimes

Justice

By Andrew Kreig

President-Elect Obama’s advisors feared in 2008 that authorities would oust him in a coup and that Republicans would block his policy agenda if he prosecuted Bush-era war crimes, according to a law school dean who served as one of Christopher EdleyObama’s top transition advisers. Barack Obama

University of California at Berkeley Law School Dean Christopher Edley, Jr., left, the sixth highest-ranking member of the 2008 post-election transition team preparing Obama's administration, revealed the team's thinking on Sept. 2 in moderating a forum on 9/11 held by his law school (a
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 043030p://3126 by mike dangerously because: added a by line.

edit on 9/9/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Obama's transition team was frightened by the idea of a revolt by the intel community and military and GOP if they perused any investigation of war crimes during the Bush administration.This current administration had no intentions of doing anything other then to continue the agenda of the TPTB. Hope and change indeed,more like fun and games.

www.justice-integrity.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
So the most powerful position in the world is held by a coward who is afraid to do his lawful duty, of which he swore an oath?

I wonder how scared the next guy should be of prosecuting Obama for much, much more?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

by all legal precidents
george bush and 90% of other presidents
should be rotting in jail

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Or maybe he was told how much more profitable it is to stay quiet and play the game.

Maybe a bit of both..

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
if only i could cuss here, this wold turn into a ant REALLY FAST. i've been wondering what the deal was whith why nothing was said or done about the very apparent war crimes that were perpetrated by thie previous administration. the whole lot of them should be thrown under the prison as they have destabilize this country so very much. i say we just take the whole lot of them and put them in jail (republicans and democrats alike) for the rest of their lives. the traitors in our government deserve nothing less than that. this is the lesser answer. theother option is to hang them like the dogs they are. all of them. the only problem with option 2 is not everyone in politics was in on it. i DO believe tht it was a small minority of the gvernment that was part of the apparent coup and subsequent wars that followed...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul

by all legal precidents
george bush and 90% of other presidents
should be rotting in jail

too true there. all since lbj for the very least..

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Obama trying to distance himself from his terrorist buddies in Washington, nice try, but no one is buying it. I guess he fears a coup for not ending the Afghan war, not ending torture, illegal detention, widespread spying, or terrorist drone attacks.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
So let me get this straight, Obama has been acting like a war criminal and protecting criminals since he came into office because of the republicans?

NICE TRY, NICE TRY... I'm sure a bunch of gullible people will believe this horse manure... but most people will call what this is... a filthy lie.

Obama has been sold out way before he even became president. He hasn't feared anything HE WAS ON THE DEAL.
edit on 9-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Anybody remember Obama's face after he just got sworn in and had his CIA briefing? He looked like he'd seen a ghost...

This is how I imagine that meeting went:

Man in Black: This is how your Presidency is going to happen, you will do as we tell you or.....remember JFK?

Obama: Yes

Man in Black: That is all.

edit on 9/9/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Edit: poster above beat me to it

I dont know, ill give him the benefit of a doubt for one reason. I remember reading something,( not sure if it was here on ats or an article, it was a few months back,) that after obama came into office, shortly after he attended a meeting with the CIA, and after that meeting cameras showed him with a pale face as if he had seen a ghost.

Remember, the president isn't the one running the show, TPTB are and that includes the banks / the elites. My guess is that he is being threatened by them and also being setup. I mean think about it a moment, who was the last president to stand up against TPTB? John F Kennedy and what happened? he got killed for it.

This speech alone says alot if you listen more carefully to his words.

edit on 9-9-2011 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-9-2011 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Right... why are we listening to this toad, again?

It's been Obama's mantra from the beginning: "Blame Bush" (and/or the Republicans, Libertarians, Tea Party, Conservatives, etc).

I'm going to go out on a limb, here, and say that there isn't a case for trying Bush for war crimes. There is simply no solid ground to stand on when trying to make such a case. Any competent legal adviser will return you the same answer. Now - everyone is entitled to their opinion on the matter - but believing someone to be guilty of something and demonstrating them to be are two different concepts, entirely.

For whatever reason, a few of you believe he is guilty of war crimes.

Personally... what the hell is a war crime? It's like ruling a murder to be a hate crime (no... really - I -loved- this guy so much that I just -had- to kill him... I mean... look at the times - we're all better off dead!). When you send people off to kill each other - the concept of civility goes out the window by virtue.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Since Obama is leaving anyway, he can bring them for war-crimes now no?

Yes, yes he can.. but won't.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
The President of the United States is a very dangerous position to hold.

It is the true definition of cowardice to expect to reap the benefits of holding the office but not accept the responsibility of the dangers of it.

Nativity is not an excuse, Obama is a self-serving coward.

Then Dean Chris Edley volunteered that he’d been party to very high level discussions during Obama’s transition about prosecuting the criminals. He said they decided against it. I asked why. Two reasons: 1) it was thought that the CIA, NSA, and military would revolt, and 2) it was thought the Repugnants would retaliate by blocking every piece of legislation they tried to move (which, of course, they’ve done anyhow).

Afterwards I told him that CIA friends confirmed that Obama would have been in danger, but I added that he bent over backwards to protect the criminals, and gave as an example the DoJ’s defense (state secrets) of Jeppesen (the rendition arm of Boeing) a few days after his inauguration.

He shrugged and said they will never be prosecuted, and that sometimes politics trumps rule of law.

“It must not," I said.

“It shouldn’t," he said, and walked off.

This is the Dean of the Berkeley School of Law.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aim64C
Right... why are we listening to this toad, again?

It's been Obama's mantra from the beginning: "Blame Bush" (and/or the Republicans, Libertarians, Tea Party, Conservatives, etc).

Nothing changes. During Republican terms it was blame Clinton and blame Carter. The wheels keeps spinning in the blame game.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Lmao he's as guilty of war crimes / crimes against humanity as bush and co. .. Hope someone gets you lot in america some shovels the bovine fecal matter coming out of dizzy city getting deeper than ever..

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
So, the republicans still blocked everything else he's trying to do. If Obama has any credibility left in him (I doubt it), he would prosecute Bush for war crimes on September 11. Instead, they'll hold each others hands and sing "We are the world."

edit on 9-9-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Come on Folks.

These Republicans and Democrats are all best buds behind closed doors.

Can't you see that Obama is only part of the entire scheme ?

The Hegelian Dialectic ?

He's doing everything that he was instructed to do.

Which IS to get people pissed off enough at the "Liberal" to usher in another "Conservative".

Entirely while the agenda of the conservative Military Industrial Complex marches on.

Which is the ultimate objective here.

And that is to keep the wars going....

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
lack of testicles, integrity and failing to keep their oaths of office, specifically to defend the constitution against both foreign and domestic enemies is a major character trait common to democrats and most politicians in general.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
This is bs. Obama knew the corporate media would expose his kenyan birth unless he did as told. That's why he has supported what bush did and continues bush's policies.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join