It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 'missing link' Found

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by doubleplusungood
reply to post by Genophage

Originally posted by Genophage
Im not totally denying evolution...but ive always wondered...if we evolved from chimps/apes..why do we still have some running around? slow learners? -shrugs-

S&F thanks for sharing OP

HI
Humans didn't evolve from chimps or apes. We both evolved from common ancestors

I totally agree.

We did not 'evolve' from primates. There are still primates today ( why does that fact alone not debunk evolution).

As you stated, tho, we do share the same common ancestor.

So what happened?

There was an interruption, an intervention with a population of the primate.

A splicing of the genes with 'theirs'.

The Ancient Alien Theory

edit on 10-9-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
There's several threads about this on here, but it can't seem to be repeated enough: The Lenski experiments by Richard Lenski, colleagues and students at Michigan State University.

Wiki article explaining the Lenski experiments

Please read it if you doubt evolution. Lack of proof is no proof against evolution. Dinosaurs and humans appearing in the same strata would be a huge blow to evolution "theory". But no such thing is discovered, unless one believes that archaeologists all are part of a conspiracy with the devil to hide the truth from man.

Why fight it so bad? Whats so bad about self sustaining organisms that are able to adapt to a forever changing environment through time and death? And if there is a god behind it all, that would make him/her even more of a genius. Why spend time creating every single rock and toad, when you can set the conditions and watch life and nature unfold in its own splendor. That IS free will!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Bkrmn

When people say 'I'm not racist or anything, but...' I always brace myself for the most ignorant, racist drivel ever.

And it's a good thing I did just that.

Your conclusions are factually baseless, and so offensive as to be grounds for dismissal from the Internet.

Find the X in the top right corner of your screen, click on it and don't forget your hood.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom_is_Slavery

This is interesting stuff, I wonder what all the creationists have to say about this one,

www.telegraph.co.uk...

EVIDENCE is mounting that fossils nearly 2 million years old revealed last year are those of the oldest member of the human family.

The creature, named Australopithecus sediba, may even have been the world's first toolmaker,
judging from a detailed study of its hand, the most complete ever found of an ancient hominin, or human-like creature.

Because the remains show a "mosiac" of primitive Australopithecine and more modern hominin traits, he argues, it should be reclassified as Homo sediba,
dumping the current contender for first Homo, Homo habillis. In April last year,
Professor Berger and James Cook University geologist Paul Dirks stunned the scientific world when their group reported the discovery of skeletal remains
of a juvenile male and an adult female at Malapa cave, 50km northwest of Johannesburg.

www.theaustralian.com.au...

www.theaustralian.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

Why should creationists always be pitted against evolution?

Is it so hard to believe that the laws of physics and biology were created by an all knowing being? Maybe God did create humans in his own image and evolution is simply a means of slowly evolving us into his image. Maybe it was a system that has an ultimate result of weeding out the weak ones and ultimately creating humans as we know them, and this itself is a direct creation of God.

Not saying that I believe that but this would be my argument if I were a creationist.
edit on 10-9-2011 by KryptKeeper because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Just like everything else in this area, its all theory. I am sure there is a definitive answer but you and I will only know when they let us know till then, theorize away...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jimnuggits

How dare you accuse me of being racist, when you don't even know me! What I posted was a mix of stuff I've read over the years, and my own personal opinion drawn from that! That doesn't make me racist! People like you make me sick! You are brave from a distance, especially when you can hide behind a keyboard!

To anyone else who thinks that what I wrote are comments from someone who is racist, I am sorry if I offended you, as this wasn't my intent. It's a shame that in a country where "freedom of speech" is a right that many died to uphold, a person can't say anything without fear of being labelled!

If any Mod finds my previous post to be offensive, please remove it! Thank you!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlastedCaddy
Just like everything else in this area, its all theory. I am sure there is a definitive answer but you and I will only know when they let us know till then, theorize away...

Ya, I just find it curious that creationists never adopt the above level of thinking. It seems instead they attempt to fight against proven science, and in turn make themselves look naive.

It probably has something to do with direct conflict related to the stories in the bible.......I guess.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I'm surprised that I haven't heard any of this in the mainstream media, any channels pick it up at all? not even here in Peru was it given any attention.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bkrmn
reply to post by jimnuggits

How dare you accuse me of being racist, when you don't even know me! What I posted was a mix of stuff I've read over the years, and my own personal opinion drawn from that! That doesn't make me racist! People like you make me sick! You are brave from a distance, especially when you can hide behind a keyboard!

To anyone else who thinks that what I wrote are comments from someone who is racist, I am sorry if I offended you, as this wasn't my intent. It's a shame that in a country where "freedom of speech" is a right that many died to uphold, a person can't say anything without fear of being labelled!

If any Mod finds my previous post to be offensive, please remove it! Thank you!

I didn't find what you were saying all that bad. I understand what you're trying to say. While it's not accurate to label Asians or Caucasians as being smarter than black people, the fact does remain that there are still tribes in the world that have not evolved technologically at all. When we see 2000 year old Roman buildings and such, and have tribes living in huts in Africa and South America, it makes you wonder. Why is there such a gap in lifestyle? The thing is, the tribesmen that live that way, even today, live that way because it works for them. They have the same level of intelligence as you or I. They just don't have the education or infrastructure that we do. I would be willing to bet that if you removed a little tribal kid from the Amazon, and placed him into a Western School, that he would be just as smart as any other kid. I don;t think it's fair to grade a people on their intelligence due to their lifestyle choice. I think it has more to do with where they are globally located. Perhaps they would have more technologically advanced methods if they livied in an area flourishing with more humans. When you're isolated deep within the jungle there are less minds working toward a problem than if one were to live along the Mediterranean, where tons of peoples come and o and share ideas.

In the end, some people prefer what works. As humans, hunting game and jungle life works well. Who's to say they aren't a lot happier than we are and that we are foolish? Sure we can split the atom today, but is that neccessarily a good thing? Besides, if tribal peoples became assimilated into modern society, who knows what their minds could come up with?

You're 60. I'm pretty sure you've known your share of white people who resemble and act like apes. I know I have. Some of the dumbest people I have ever met happen to be white.
edit on 10-9-2011 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-9-2011 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I don't think it is a missing link, I rather think most of the fossils we've found and claimed to be human ancestors are extinct apes and the more human-like extinct variations of human morphology.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
This really has become a headslapping thread. If you are a creationist then your opinion is illegitimate. Fact.

Your opinion is not taken seriously and the only reason anyone puts in effort arguing it, is that it is a view no one wishes to see continuing to propagate amongst the stupid, ignorant and most importantly the innocent. No one wants to see a new dark ages.

I motion everyone who believes as I do to start treating any mention of creationism as a hoax and to report thusly.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
After considering both biblical and evolutionary descriptions of our occurence, I've noticed a similarity between the two: they both require you to believe what's put in front of you. Priest or Professor? Take your pick.

Personally I think this world is run by liars and I have no reason to think they haven't compromised the honesty of our education system. In fact, I think doing so would be a priority.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robert Reynolds
After considering both biblical and evolutionary descriptions of our occurence, I've noticed a similarity between the two: they both require you to believe what's put in front of you. Priest or Professor? Take your pick.

Personally I think this world is run by liars and I have no reason to think they haven't compromised the honesty of our education system. In fact, I think doing so would be a priority.

Not true. Evolution has a whole bunch of research in the last hundred years that can be analysed. It can also then be verified by simply looking at nature. It is so obvious that it takes a fairly severe amount of blind faith to be able to disregard it.

However religion has no basis in fact and creationism requires several leaps over logic to even come close to making any sense.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Dbl post deleted.
edit on 10-9-2011 by izero because: Deleted double post

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bkrmn
I think this "Missing lLnk" that science has been searching for all these years, has been alive and doing well all along...

I could be wrong, but I'm sure I read somewhere that studies credit Asians as being more intelligent than Whites, who are more intelligent than Blacks, with the Geat Apes coming in fourth.
It is my personal belief that if a "Missing Link" is to be found, then those searching should be taking a look at Africa's lesser mentally developed tribes, such as one whose members are cannibalistic, and still take apes as sex partners.

I recant the 'racist' comment, as this was so obviously a position of great equality and tolerance.

Can you please name for me a tribe that 'still' has sex with apes?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by izero

Could you prove this to me or will I have to take your word for it? Even if you claim to have had evolution definitively proven to you, I'll still have to put faith - ultimately - in your words.

Every single lie that's ever been believed, has made sense to the believer.

Edit: I assume you believe in quantum theory? Would you like to make a common sense argument against that area of science.

PS: awful lot of symmetry in biology isn't there? Considering it all happened randomly.

edit on 10-9-2011 by Robert Reynolds because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Very interesting OP,thanks.

Still,we only have theories...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robert Reynolds
reply to post by izero

Could you prove this to me or will I have to take your word for it? Even if you claim to have had evolution definitively proven to you, I'll still have to put faith - ultimately - in your words.

Every single lie that's ever been believed, has made sense to the believer.

Edit: I assume you believe in quantum theory? Would you like to make a common sense argument against that area of science.

PS: awful lot of symmetry in biology isn't there? Considering it all happened randomly.

edit on 10-9-2011 by Robert Reynolds because: (no reason given)

Im not hand feeding anyone, so Start with Wikipedia.org and search evolution. don't use this as your primary source, read it as an overview. there should be a subheading references. here you will find a list of reference material some will require reading books (books are generally bound pieces of paper with communicative language printed on them - although some come in electronic format). Read and research. You can probably even conduct your own experiments ( though this may require travel)

Quantum theory is interesting but I am not quite smart enough to really follow it. So as yet I hold no firm opinion.

Who ever said that biology or evolution happened randomly?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Hello

I have read a bit about the ancient alien theory and seen the programme on the T.V (that guy's hair is a wondrous thing). I know a lot of people believe in the ancient alien theory but I personally do not. I may be wrong but that would be fine.

I do believe there may be extra-terrestrial causes for life on earth but I do not think this was done by a conscious entity of some sort, just through natural procesess like meteorites.

Why do you think chimps existing debunks evolution?
I don't understand that.
Evolutionary science has proved that both humans and chimps are descended from a common ancestor which lived millions of years ago. Since then our paths diverged and our species evolved seperately. There is D.N.A and fossil evidence for this.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

You maybe dont understand, I dont believe in 'God' or gawd or Gad the deity of fortune. I believe in the Creator of the Universe who is self existing and eternal. He doesnt need some science theory to keep His own powers in check, He goes beyond your science, and beyond your own possible imagination. Thats more powerful than any cooked up thoery you crazy evolutionists can think of, your limited He is not. Yahuwah doesnt play around, He will show you His true power, and someday sadly you will experience it yourself.

Still your scientific theories dont even apply to the big bang or even to the rest of evolution. Matter can neither be created nor destroyed, so then how did this singularity even come to existence hmm? You cant explain it cause its impossible, you believe it happened therefore its not science and you are in fact the Religion of Evolution.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join