It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Musicians, show us your axe!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

edit on 9-9-2011 by iame247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Irish614

Looks like a pretty sweet recording setup you have, some kind of home studio or? Nice drums by the way

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
My sweet baby, '94 Fat Strat, nearly 10 years of our relationship

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by stainlesssteelrat

NICE!

I love fat strats, my bro has a mexican strat which we put seymour duncan single coils in, its off the hook.

Cheers for sharing your lovely axe my man!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Nice setup there Irish614!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

What cymbals do you have up on the kit Irish?
I would love to be able to mic mine up live, but living in a townhouse....my adjoining neighbors may not be quite so kind to my musical explorations then....

So as you can see in the pics I posted...had to rely on the pads and Addictive drums....but for a home recording setup....works amazingly well. Just miss the feel of the real drums though

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Oh, i still have stock pickups, they are not so bad in US models, need to change them nevertheless at some stage. Regarding mexics I always thought they're great guitars, and when u replace pickups and tuners they're top notch. Altough for last couple of years i'm sick for some nice LP, im considering getting some epiphone copy.

But true to be said, i was always amp-man, even mediocre guitar will sound great with good amp, while even super-duper PRS (beauties, aren't they) will sound crappy with some cheap transistor. I'm using combo DSL401 at the moment, I used to have custom made valve years ago which I sold, youth mistake.

Once you go for valves, you can never go back to transi, that's the truth of it

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by bw_drum

What cymbals do you have up on the kit Irish?
I would love to be able to mic mine up live, but living in a townhouse....my adjoining neighbors may not be quite so kind to my musical explorations then....

So as you can see in the pics I posted...had to rely on the pads and Addictive drums....but for a home recording setup....works amazingly well. Just miss the feel of the real drums though

Hey thanks guys, my cymbals are all Zildjian except for my Wuhan China. I have them set up in our garage and all mic'd up. I have an old crappy Alesis mixer to record with soon to replace it with a Tascam. I know you're feeling when playing on electronic drums, not a huge fan because of it's unatural feel but if that's all you got to record on then so be it.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
6 of my 8.........

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/46ba323ffd12.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/06e02cee2203.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by savageheart

Geez.... Wouldn't happen to be partial to BC Rich would ya?

Seriously though, nice collection.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by KicknAndScreamin

Thanks! Yep, I do like BC Rich. I have a Bich that I don't have a picture readily available as well as another off name guitar that sounds half decent. I haven't picked any of these up in over 10 years, spent three years touring up and down the east coast back in the 80's. I can honestly say that I don't miss it that much.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
This is my little studio...

2001 Rickenbacker 360/12. 2009 Music Man Stingray Bass. Cubase 5.5.3 64 bit on the comp (quad 4, 8G ram, 5 HDD, 2 VelocityRaptors).
Tascam CD-200. DBX 215 EQ. DBX 266XL Comp. TOA D-4 mixer (for monitoring). Furman conditioners. M-Audio SP5B monitors (speakers). Beyerdynamic DT770 phones. Waves GTR guitar interface into M-Audio 2496 soundcard.

1994 Hamer Daytona, made in USA. Bill Lawrence pickups. Sperzel Locking tuners. Wilkinson Bridge with string saver saddles. Bone nut. Strung with my usual 12-52's. The best 'Strat' ever made, even better than their custom shop jobbies. I had it set up and Plek'd, plays so smooth, string bends never choke out.

Ovation 1778T Elite, US made. I put Sperzel locking tuners on it. Ebony fret board. OP-Pro electronics. Great sounding and playing acoustic. Sound holes in the bass side only improves the low end.

BTW seeing as this thread started with a LP Studio pic, here's the one I sold not too long ago...

edit on 9/10/2011 by ANOK because: typo

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Since we got onto the subject of studio space a little...my little place to create.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/caad8282f490.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I play a DEAN bass. Y'know, I don't know what my guitarist plays.
My regular guitar is something I bought over 20 years ago at a pawn shop, Cruise, created for VMI.
I don't have a pic of it handy.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

WOW and more WOW. Sicks setup you have there, classic guitars. The Rickenbacker looks very nice and I bet it sounds awesome, really really sweet guitars man, thanks for sharing!

Very interested in your strat, any chance you could post up how it sounds? I'd love to hear you testing those guitars man.........please?
edit on 10-9-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by savageheart

One of those is an Ace Freely model right? I read an article recently where they interviewed him about guitars and apparently he's sold most of his in order to purchase exotic lamps and carpets and stuff.....nice one ace..NOT

Oh no sorry I meant Paul Stanley...
edit on 10-9-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Yes, it is an Ibanez Iceman, altered a bit to look like Paul's....

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
Ovation 1778T Elite, US made. I put Sperzel locking tuners on it. Ebony fret board. OP-Pro electronics. Great sounding and playing acoustic. Sound holes in the bass side only improves the low end.

Beautiful, think best lookin acoustic i had ever seen. Love ur Rickenbaker too

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I used to have a Warlock as well, even had one of those Coffin Cases for it. I sold it a few years back and have regretted it ever since.

I almost purchased another Warlock, but I fell in love with the Beast while I was browsing through potential guitars. I plan on getting another one eventually since it was such a great guitar to mess around on.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join