It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Musicians, show us your axe!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by dyllels

Wow an ibanez hollow body right? Id love to hear it in action man

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Orange rockerverb 50, all tube combo. Great vintage tones.

What do you think of the cabinets by Orange? I'm in the market to replace my massive one with 2 2X12 cabinets and was noodling with some orange ones. My concern is possible tone changes because of my finicky Marshall header. Have you run just the orange head?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

Syntax error.

Missing "]" after the first [img....

Throws the parser off, generating an error....so nothing is embedded.

Kind of like breaking a guitar string. The axe still works but...

...you know the rest.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

just interested but how do you use the second wah as a filter

My standard setup would be lined like this:

guitar - wah#1 - compressor - wah#2 - ME70-amp

wah#1 is the filter wah, so for most playing it's disabled. (two wahs together gets rather ear piercing on the high end) When I'm not using wah#2 and I am using distortion I click wah#1 on a get it slightly past the middle going towards the high end to give an almost synth type feel to it then I just leave it in that position. For certain rhythm sections I'll push it towards the low end to get a bassier sound out of it so when I loop it there is a clear distinction so it sounds like 2 different guitars instead of an overdub. It only sounds good with distortion though, clean it's pretty sad sounding.
edit on 9-9-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
My Joe Osborn Lakland, 2001, with Lindy Fralin pups.
I love this bass, I've had it for about a year. It's modelled on Joe's '64 prototype Fender Jazz. Very skinny neck. The sound is very punchy, the pickup output is very high. The frets are a little buzzy, I use light gauge strings and I think that this bass is probably suited for higher gauge flatwounds. I gig a lot and this bass is light, sounds great, always stays in tune, a very well made instrument.

edit on 9-9-2011 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

It's interesting you mention that, Noel Gallagher actually uses an Orange head with a marshall cab, brilliant tones. I dont think it would matter which cab you use with an orange head, although I can definitely stand behind their quality, orange amps are brilliant if you like warm vintage sounds. You could experiment with different cabinets, but as far as orange heads go they cannot be beaten, maybe by a fender twin reverb 65' deluxe, but other than that nothing beats orange heads in my opinion.

ETA: An orange cab would also work really well with your rig I think, Im getting really excited thinking about it
edit on 9-9-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

An orange cab would also work really well with your rig I think, Im getting really excited thinking about it

After the few I tried with a recent issue but "vintage" marshal it's between an orange cab or ones made in Ontario, treynor I think was the name on them, hand crafted, beautiful looking AND sounding.

ARg I'm leaving work early to go play guitar lol

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I always go with feel, if it feels right for you then it IS right. Id love to hear your tone man, post up something if you can, cheers bro.

EDIT TO ADD: What kinda pickups did you put into the SG? I was going to say that seymour duncans are the bomb but you should tell me what you rocked, instead of me being typical.
edit on 9-9-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

My gorgeous Martin DC16GTE..... I love her so....

PA

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The blue monster!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/94b675277a30.jpg[/atsimg]
The little plugged in monster!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/87117ed1587c.jpg[/atsimg]
The Axe!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3aaa9a3382f5.jpg[/atsimg]
The Battle Axe!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e52c039a0ac9.jpg[/atsimg]

Enjoy.

Kit is a DDRUM AMX in Blueburst with black nickle hardware and a solid ash (hunter green) snare. Wuhan cymbals. Pearl Hardware, DW pedals and hi hat. Roc-N-Soc throne.

Elec Kit is Yamaha DTX express II running into cubase and utilizing Addictive Drums for midi/triggering sound modules.

Guitar is SX ISIS CUS24 in natural blonde with birds of peace inlays - flat wound strings

Bass is also an SX fender jazz bass clone Ursa MN Ash 5 string - flat wound strings

Play everything through Behringer Vamp pros for bass and guitar into a digital recording studio - yes my neighbors thank me very kindly for that

edit on 9-9-2011 by bw_drum because: picture too large - sorry about that

edit on 9-9-2011 by bw_drum because: another pic edit and typo

edit on 9-9-2011 by bw_drum because: added details for readers

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Id love to hear your tone man, post up something if you can, cheers bro.

Just tossed this up as it was the only track i still had on my laptop, just a little jammy noodling to warm up the new strings. I was running low on batteries in the recorder hence the name. Backing is done with a loop on the ME-70 then I lead over top instead of multi-tracking in post.

EDIT TO ADD: What kinda pickups did you put into the SG? I was going to say that seymour duncans are the bomb but you should tell me what you rocked, instead of me being typical.

Actually, and you will laugh, but they are the standard pickups that were in it when I bought it, the same that are on the tasty 3 grand Gibson SG I couldn't afford at the time, in all honesty without calling the shop, I'd have to check when I get home lol. They are the solid chrome pickups, never needed chorus with those guys.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
OK, here are my babies

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/25f4e842dfe9.jpg[/atsimg]

The one on the left is an Eko. Eko were popular in the 60's and 70's, but the went bust in the 80's. An Italian luthier purchased the entire stock from there warehouses and factory in 1987. Eko had a reputation for laying down wood for 15 to 20 years before using it. So by the time Brandoni started to assemble the parts into guitars in the 2000's they were already up to 40 years old!!! (Well, the wood was lol) Mine is a huge body bass, large oval rosewood inlay cutout, and a piezo pickup. It sounds fabulous, fills the room un-amplified, and thanks to the pickup, exactly the same when amplified, it;s beautiful! This guitar is unique, it is the only one like it. The body and neck are mid 80's constuction, but it was assembled in 2009.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4a631934f144.jpg[/atsimg]

The one in the centre in my Rickenbacker 2030 "Hamburg" Bass. It is the bass version of their 2030 6 string from the early 80's. This one is maple, with a Padouk fret board. Active single coil pickups, it is an early example of the 2000 range from Rickenbacker which ended with the 2060. A rare find, I really wanted the 2050 "El Dorado" bass pictured here I had one, but sold it 18 years ago (To buy my wifes engagement ring). They are impossible to buy now, I have been looking for 5 years. When I find one I'll buy it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d95935989b03.jpg[/atsimg]

The third guitar is my JV Squire by fender. This is March 83 by the serial number. I have had it since 1990, it was my first guitar. Fender started making guitars in Japan under the Squire lable in 1982. JV means Japanese Vintage. They were given the plans to the '57 and '62 (I think it was, from memory) Precision and Jaz bases, along with Strat and Telle's from the same years. It has the slim neck, but is a very heavy guitar! The electronics were made by fender and shipped to Japan. This is a great playing gutar - she has flatwounds on at the moment sounds and plays like a dream! Solid guitar, sustains foreve! This is the most saught after 3 tone sunburst version, with rosewood fret board, and 3 ply turtle shell scratch. It has the old style reverse machine heads, and the 3rd belt buckle behind the head stock.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/306973d0abbf.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 9-9-2011 by Shamatt because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

The one on the left is an Eko

I'm sending my friend and sometime bass player the picture of that bass so he can cry himself to sleep. epic.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by bw_drum

Kit is a DDRUM AMX in Blueburst with black nickle hardware and a solid ash (hunter green) snare. Wuhan cymbals. Pearl Hardware, DW pedals and hi hat. Roc-N-Soc throne.

Elec Kit is Yamaha DTX express II running into cubase and utilizing Addictive Drums for midi/triggering sound modules.

Guitar is SX ISIS CUS24 in natural blonde with birds of peace inlays - flat wound strings

Bass is also an SX fender jazz bass clone Ursa MN Ash 5 string - flat wound strings

Play everything through Behringer Vamp pros for bass and guitar into a digital recording studio - yes my neighbors thank me very kindly for that

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by Shamatt

The one on the left is an Eko

I'm sending my friend and sometime bass player the picture of that bass so he can cry himself to sleep. epic.

Wicked! Here is a link to the guy that built it and some of his stock

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

God that is awesome! You sound great, really nice work mate. I'm just going to listen agan while I go back over a few responses....awesome

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

Your babies are beautiful. Especially the fender, I just love those basses. I have recently been playing a danelectro bass as ive had one available and I really like the feel of it, have you played one of those? Anyway ivee been rocking it through this 40w vox amp with a Big Muff and a T-rex reverb pedal, needless to say I sound more bad ass than Lemmy and beyond. Thanks for posting up your babies, they're lovely! Cheers

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Cool Thread S+F!

Here is my pride and joy,i used to have an SG as well but had to sell her to pay the god damn rent

My MARTIN 000-15

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7e92fb5f84a7.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 9/9/11 by lektrofellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by lektrofellon

I really wish I had one of these, just a beautiful guitar, I bet it sounds amazing. Cheers for sharing mate!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
sry about the html link, i forgot my atsmedia password

heres some of my jammers

imageshack.us...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join