It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone else getting Error 503? (DOS attack)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
UPDATE:
A DOS was confirmed in this post.

With the few posts Ive seen pop up the last few days about Anon taking aim at ATS this recent service error seems to be happening at a strange time. Coverage of the power outage in So Ca and other rumors flying about issues with cell communication back east could this be the flare or something else? Just opening a thread to garner opinion.
edit on 9-9-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Yep I'm getting it too.

I was in the middle of making a long post too when it quit on me! Booooooooooooooooooooo

link   
Yep 503s here too.

Cheers

P.S. And if this is a hack, anyone wearing one of those fecking masks had better look both ways before crossing the street.
edit on 9-9-2011 by myselfaswell because: (no reason given)

link   
I have been getting this for at least the last 45 minutes.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Yes been having it just now. Not a conspiracy though, just seems like server problems. Believe it or not the internet isn't perfect! I know its a conspiracy site but come on and 1, 2, 3 and relaX

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Yep. What is it?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
There seem to be many other sites dealing with alternative news and other data "sources"..(torrents aheemmm) that seem to be suffering the same problems. more so than usual that is. yes every site has occasional bugs, however so many in the same period, with the same "vein" of users lets say. Just seems odd is all I am saying.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Yes, I got that I was like what the #.........ATS has never really crapped out of me, GLP sure but ATS, I don't think so.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by LanternOfDiogenes

Yes. Im having it like every second time i try to see recent posts or anything else..

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Yup and not just here.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
yup...seems odd

something to do with CA power outages??

link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl
Yep. What is it?

No Idea as to why, Ive always found ATS servers to be reliable. but here is an exact definition.

HTTP Error 503 - Service unavailable Introduction The Web server (running the Web site) is currently unable to handle the HTTP request due to a temporary overloading or maintenance of the server. The implication is that this is a temporary condition which will be alleviated after some delay. Some servers in this state may also simply refuse the socket connection, in which case a different error may be generated because the socket creation timed out. 503 errors in the HTTP cycle Any client (e.g. your Web browser or our CheckUpDown robot) goes through the following cycle when it communicates with the Web server: Obtain an IP address from the IP name of the site (the site URL without the leading 'http://'). This lookup (conversion of IP name to IP address) is provided by domain name servers (DNSs). Open an IP socket connection to that IP address. Write an HTTP data stream through that socket. Receive an HTTP data stream back from the Web server in response. This data stream contains status codes whose values are determined by the HTTP protocol. Parse this data stream for status codes and other useful information. This error occurs in the final step above when the client receives an HTTP status code that it recognises as '503'. Frank Vipond. September 2010. Fixing 503 errors The Web server is effectively 'closed for repair'. It is still functioning minimally because it can at least respond with a 503 status code, but full service is impossible i.e. the Web site is simply unavailable. There are a myriad possible reasons for this, but generally it is because of some human intervention by the operators of the Web server machine. You can usually expect that someone is working on the problem, and normal service will resume as soon as possible. Please contact the system operators of the Web site (e.g. your ISP) to determine why the service is down. They will be in a much better position to help you than we are for this type of error.

link   
I keep getting it as well.

Also, hotmail has been down for about 4 hours now.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

I was thinking that, my wife works at PETCO and at 3:30 today (same time as the outage started being reported I believe) all of the store computers went down, all of corporate including phone communication was unavailable. Also other store started calling to see if my wife's store was experiencing the same thing.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I just got the dreaded 503 message.

Why exactly is Anon taking aim at ATS? Did they discover which agency ATS is connected?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
yeah ive been getting that alot lately mostly news sites and altsites such as this website. i even got it twice as i was clicking reply it did it twice after i got onto this post.. weird, it could be something as sinister as dl/delteing mass amounts of data or something as innocent as power outages on the west coast (mabye that were the servers are locted) something sinister is afoot.

link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

Not to sure on that one since above's servers are located in Scottsdale, AZ. Power is fine here

link   
Yep, iv been getting those errors too, i was using different sources to access ATS and nothing worked. Its seems i get the errors at random times. S&F

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by wavemaker
I just got the dreaded 503 message.

Why exactly is Anon taking aim at ATS? Did they discover which agency ATS is connected?

Here is the Thread on ATS discussing that particular bit about Anon and ATS

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
strange, im getting in too. except i was able to read this post, im getting

503 Service Unavailable
No server is available to handle this request.

Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join