It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

And the President of the United States is...Barack Obama.

page: 1
3

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I know some are scoffing at the thread title,but I have to ask.Can a Presidential Candidate with 1 billion dollars(potentially) at his disposal for campaigning lose the election?
Source

He raised and spent $750 million in the 2008 campaign, and there is already speculation that the cash-collection operation for his 2012 reelection bid will crest the once-unimaginable sum of $1 billion raised. (That's a one and nine zeros. Nine!)

Here is a list of General Election Candidates from 2008.
1.Chuck Baldwin
2.Bob Barr
3.John McCain
4.Cynthia Mckinney
5.Ralph Nader
6.Barack Obama
Other candidates who competed in the 2008 Presidential Election.(Also shows contributions to each candidate).

Now let's look at campaign contributions as can be viewed here for the General Election Candidates.
Source
Clearly Obama raised the most money and won the election.Does this prove he banked on the Presidency,no not inclusively.
So let's go back to the 2004 Presidential Campaign and have a look at the same statistics.These statistics can be viewed here.Also note the contributions.It seems whoever has the most cash wins.
Source
I couldn't find any previous data on the site,but if someone could find relevant information pertaining to campaign finances for the previous administrations that would be great.
Now let's have a look at the current fundraising summary for 2012 Presidential Candidates.(See source below)
Source

The first 2012 presidential primaries and caucuses may still be months away, but potential contenders are already criss-crossing the country in bids to boost their political profiles and raise money. Most major-party presidential candidates filed campaign finance reports with the Federal Election Commission on July 15, 2011—reports that campaigns will continue to file quarterly this year and monthly beginning in 2012.. Here OpenSecrets highlights how the candidates are stacking up in the money chase, as they build massive political war chests to get their messages out to voters.

So considering this information who do you think will be President?




posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Stop dreaming, Obama doesn't stand a chance.
Right now a stray dog would beat him.



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Can we elect Chuck Norris?

But in all seriousness - I don't think Obama has enough American's backing him at the moment. Some kind of terrorist activity that should have happened and instead was brought down by the Obama Administration will have to happen to bring the Americans back into wanting him for another 4 years. Or you can subscribe to my belief that politics are rigged and who cares if we are voting or not. It's a charade and a show. Then again, I live in Utah.. so my vote doesn't matter no matter HOW you look at it. I think I'll write in Chuck Norris.


edit on 8-9-2011 by CeeRZ because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart
Stop dreaming, Obama doesn't stand a chance.
Right now a stray dog would beat him.

I'm not advocating Obama to win.I am just wondering can a Man with this much power lose?Ron Paul 2012.Just a factual question.



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Do you really think there is going to be another President of the United States. Not to even bring up the fact that this is all a circus act with there top preformers...the illuminati that is. I think Obama will be the last President of the United States. Things are about to change people. Yes, I do think Obama is the antichrist.



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I think if Obama can show a marked improvement in unemployment and the economy, he will win.



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kwell
Do you really think there is going to be another President of the United States. Not to even bring up the fact that this is all a circus act with there top preformers...the illuminati that is. I think Obama will be the last President of the United States. Things are about to change people. Yes, I do think Obama is the antichrist.

Not sure on the Anti-Christ thing.From some of the research I have been doing tracing lineage from the throne of David.It seems that the next (King) will be the Anti-Christ,due East.



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
You are basing this idea on the voting system being in good, working order. It's not. It's completely broken and corrupt at every step.

You are simply participating in a game where you always lose.



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DieBravely
You are basing this idea on the voting system being in good, working order. It's not. It's completely broken and corrupt at every step.

You are simply participating in a game where you always lose.

I do agree that if need be they could prolly rig the whole thing.But if in fact the dollar amounts are true then from the two past elections it would appear that big money wins.



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedal

Originally posted by DieBravely
You are basing this idea on the voting system being in good, working order. It's not. It's completely broken and corrupt at every step.

You are simply participating in a game where you always lose.

I do agree that if need be they could prolly rig the whole thing.But if in fact the dollar amounts are true then from the two past elections it would appear that big money wins.


Of course big money wins. He who has the most can corrupt the most.



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Q: When is the best time to scratch the backs of the SEIU?
A: At the start of football season.

He is just asking hundreds for billions so he can buy as many votes as he can because he is going to need all the votes he can.



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
We still have to see how much $$$ the GOP can throw behind their chosen one.
It's still way early.



posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Obama has a great chance at re-election, he hasn't really done anything wrong except try to pull that Obamacare crap on America, that is the only thing that he has done that pissed off the nation, he still has a pretty LARGE fanbase despite many jumping ship because of his empty promises.

Obama does have the influence and power to generate tons of campaign money and we know only one candidate can stop him, Ron Paul. Polls have proven how strong Ron Paul does against Obama because Ron Paul pulls the most independent votes when compared to other GOP candidates.



The president and the maverick are running almost dead even in a hypothetical 2012 election matchup.
Texas Republican Congressman Ron Paul earns 38% of the vote to President Obama’s 39% in the latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey of Likely U.S. Voters. Fourteen percent (14%) like some other candidate, and eight percent (8%) remain undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)
Just a month ago, Obama posted a 41% to 37% lead over Paul, who ran second to Minnesota Congresswoman Michele Bachmann in the recent high-profile Ames Straw Poll in Iowa.



www.rasmussenreports.com...



posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
Obama has a great chance at re-election, he hasn't really done anything wrong except try to pull that Obamacare crap on America, that is the only thing that he has done that pissed off the nation, he still has a pretty LARGE fanbase despite many jumping ship because of his empty promises.

Obama does have the influence and power to generate tons of campaign money and we know only one candidate can stop him, Ron Paul. Polls have proven how strong Ron Paul does against Obama because Ron Paul pulls the most independent votes when compared to other GOP candidates.



The president and the maverick are running almost dead even in a hypothetical 2012 election matchup.
Texas Republican Congressman Ron Paul earns 38% of the vote to President Obama’s 39% in the latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey of Likely U.S. Voters. Fourteen percent (14%) like some other candidate, and eight percent (8%) remain undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)
Just a month ago, Obama posted a 41% to 37% lead over Paul, who ran second to Minnesota Congresswoman Michele Bachmann in the recent high-profile Ames Straw Poll in Iowa.



www.rasmussenreports.com...

I don't doubt Dr.Paul at all.The only problemI forsee with him as being elected President is that it would go against the what the PTB have in store for America..



posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
It will either be Obama or Perry, I guarantee it.

For the record, I would really, really like to see Paul win it (the only candidate I have ever in my life given my hard earned money to). But let's be honest. Like DieBravely said, it's a rigged game. We should all know that by now.

Your thread title may very well be prophetic (but not really).



posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
So this means no Ron Paul? People are gonna be pissed......It seems as if the entire membership of ATS is rooting for this guy.



posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Is it even possible to beat Barack Obama who will have an estimated 1 billion dollars to spend on his campaign. The funny thing is is while the Republican Candidates are spending, ,spending, spending, the President hasn't even begun. In the last two elections the individual with the most cash won, it's gonna be very hard to beat Barack.




top topics



 
3

log in

join