It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud mysterious series of explosions in Kansas City,Mo at 9pm.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
the day before yesterday there was a very small boom followed by a 5 minute power outage so maybe they are doing some sort of work underground.If I wish the city would just be honest with us about this. People in my area have been looking for answer for years. It just concerns me more with all the 2012 doomsday talk.
edit on 9-9-2011 by dreamseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
They're not being honest because they have something to hide.

What they are hiding is actually: what they are hiding from.

Whatever it is, and it could be many, many potential different things, or even a mix of several of those things, it's something very SECRETIVE that they don't want the general public to be aware of.

A small percentage have found out about this anyway, but we still don't know what doom we are actually facing, only that the rats in charge are building their nests deep underground. So that's the place to be when whatever happens. Sounds like tremendous punishment on the surface that does not cause seismic crumbling of the caves they are hiding in. Only things that fit the bill to me are either a huge flare from the sun like the carrington event, destroying the electrical grid and along with it, civilization, or of course that old standby, deadly nuclear radiation.

When cowering hundreds of feet underground in a cave is the BEST option, you know this is gonna be BAD for those of us who don't have D.U.M.B.s.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Hi dreamseeker.
I grew up in KC (northtown) & worked in the caves over by Signal Hill.
What part of town are you in? Are you near the cave complex by Worlds of Fun?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Explosions are significant. Are you sure that is what you heard?

Gunshots, fireworks, those is easy to distinguish. Explosions, though, are a different matter. Interesting.
edit on 9-9-2011 by VariableConstant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by 17sok

Could be K.C. is just west of Whitman AFB
2nd line

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by soma100

HAte to tell you'd be wrong about KC, we have nuke sites all over Missoouri, some of th eold ones are even up for sale, Great place to create your own private bunker, one of those silos has tons of levels, and lots of space

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by don rumsfeld

I live well North or worlds of fun southest of KCI. I live near Barry rd. The explosions definitely came from either the north or northwest.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rossa
reply to post by soma100

HAte to tell you'd be wrong about KC, we have nuke sites all over Missoouri, some of th eold ones are even up for sale, Great place to create your own private bunker, one of those silos has tons of levels, and lots of space

Oh no doubt there are nuke bunkers and silos all over the country. I believe there's a massive one in Kansas in fact being renovated and turned into a 2012 survival bunker or something. But what I was referring to moreso was active underground nuclear explosions, mainly just throwing it out there as food for thought and because I noticed responses on some of the links that were included.

Of course, you make a good point. Perhaps there was some construction work or something else being done in one of these old silos or bunkers... but then it was pretty late at night according to the original post I believe. But who knows...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by soma100

I agree, who knows? We have been hearing something along this sort down here near Jefferson CIty for about 3 years now, usually in the middle of the night. I live close to the rail line on the river, and you can hear the bump and clang when they add rail cars to the trains, but this is different, and it shakes the walls enough to make the pictures rattle. Never fails to wake me up-weird, never have figured out what it is.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

I'm assuming their doing some construction out that way.
I know the area & I hear it's really expanding in that particular
area (I've been away for 15 years). I used to go fishing in a
secluded spot near Parkville back in the 80s, then they decided
it would be better off as suburban sprawl.

They used dynamite to clear the area out & to make it easier
for the bulldozers, I guess.

So maybe you've got a big construction project near by, but not
sure why they'd raise so much hell that late at night.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I suppose it could be construction but why is it always at night and not all the time every 1 month to a year. I heard it again last night. It sounded like someone shooting very loud guns into a very big steel drum. It echoed and reverberated.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

I keep in touch on FB with some folks I grew up with that might
still be around that area. I'm going to post on my wall & see what I get.

I'll follow up.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I heard them both times also. I live by the plaza. It sounded like it came from the NW. It sounded a few miles away, but it was LOUD. We were inside studying and listening to music, we thought it was gun shots at first just because of the area. But it was a boom type noise. We both thought a building was getting blown up and there were a lot of sirens going off, but it's KC. It also sounded like the fireworks that have the boom that you can feel. The booms were back to back, in rhythm and lasted for maybe 15 minutes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join