It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Notifications When Someone Specifically Replies To Your Post?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I have started using the ATS forums recently and I am a bit stumped as to when someone specifically replies to a posting of mine. I have to manually search for the reply which can be very tedious if the thread in question is very popular.

When I used the Myspace forums I could set my notifications so that I received an e-mail in my inbox when someone specifically replies to a posting of mine.

Does anyone know if ATS has such a notification feature?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
go to- "messages" then click "replies".

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by GrassyKnoll

If you click on messages, you will see Inbox Replies Outbox and Saved. Click on Replies and there will be a message of who replied to your post with the title of the thread in the message window as a hotlink to the specific reply.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by GrassyKnoll

thank you for 'learning' ... here, it is a process
... but there are many willing to help.
i've never found a 'notification' option as you mentioned, if there is one maybe we'll both learn something.

personally, i use the search feature located beneath your avatar ... see 'my posts' and a listing of your posts will/should provide a guideline to the posts you may wish to follow-up on at a later date.

even in a multipage (cpl hundred or so) forum, finding your posts and responses to them isn't usually difficult.
to address someone directly, the u2u feature is handy and your commentary isn't posted to the board unless one of you does so. (it's not a chat but it is direct between 2 parties)

the "my posts" link also works for others' as well ... you can check back on a thread or a specific poster in that thread but clicking the "my posts" under that members avatar.

sure hope this helps ya some and if there are other tricks, i'll be back to learn some more

cheers, have fun here and do use the general search feature as well ... this is a well-stocked informational site and bookmarks can really become your friend

edit to add: THANKS guys, i did just learn something new today !!! sweeeet
edit on 8-9-2011 by Honor93 because: add text

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TheThirdAdam

Thank you guys for replying....got it now.
edit on 8-9-2011 by GrassyKnoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Me too LOL. Its fairly full! How did I miss this piece of functionality? Thanks for the way to see.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this and thank you to the people who answered. I've been wondering the same thing myself. This is really good to know. Excellent feature.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Great thread OP, I didn't discover this feature until around my 700th post...they say you should try and reply to all who post in a thread you originated.
At least star them , everyone remembers praise.
May you also discover many hidden tools also

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheThirdAdam
go to- "messages" then click "replies".

Damn!

Thanks...I didn't know about that either...

Live and learn!

Peace

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this question!!! I didn't know of this feature, and just found out there is soo many people I had unknowingly completely ignored!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
What would be really nice is a "New Replies" tab on the ribbon just like the messages tab that lights up when you have a new one.... Who do you dirrect suggestions to? I haven't seen a suggestion box anywhere.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Please add your suggestions to the following thread:

ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the future?

Thread Closed.

~Keeper
ATS Moderator

new topics

top topics

join