It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My mother's birthday was a week ago.. It slipped my mind.... Help..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I just remembered something that slipped my mind..It hit me like a ton of bricks as I was reading the new headlines...

My mother's birthday,as stated in the headline

I am working ten hour days. Ten long hours.....I come home and shower, eat, hang out with the kids for a few hours and I go to bed.....I get up at 3:30 in the morning and drive an hour and a half to work..(sometimes an hour, depending on departure time)...........I get home at 5:30pm......Completely exhausted.............I am only stating this to inform you of the Liejunkie grind......Be there at 6:00am and get done at 4:30pm and one week ago I was in bed before 9:00 pm

I know my mothers birthday..........I cannot believe I temporarily forgot about it............I hope that I did not upset her too much. I did stop by with the kids several times over the weekend and she did'nt mention it...........

Please I love my mother and I am truly stumped on how this happened..........No conspiracies (I hope not anyway).............No doom and gloom.........Just one guy on the inernet trying to figure out how I am going to make this up (as in make it right with her).........

Any suggestions?

I might show her this thread.........

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Moms understand. Ill bet she'll just be happy that you DID remember....to tell her you FORGOT!
PS. Bring flowers or candy...better yet. Bring both.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LazloFarnsworth

I really cannot believe she did'nt say anything.

My mother is a vocal person and will tell anybody what she thinks.

EDIT: I think she would probably enjoy the flowers and candies.
edit on 8-9-2011 by liejunkie01 because: EDIT

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Go buy her something, and tell her that you ordered it online and it just got in. Now you just got to figure out how you're going to explain why you didn't acknowledge her birthday till then.
edit on 8-9-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
Go buy her something, and tell her that you ordered it online and it just got in.

That is pretty good.

I still does not really make up the fact that I did not tell her happy birthday.....Or does it?

We are a pretty close dysfunctional family. I would not have to lie to her.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Im sure your mom understands. lol. but for future reference id reccomend ginko biloba

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

...just tell her the truth - you forgot... dont beat yourself up... stuff happens...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Thank you for the nice reply.

The weekend is upon us and I will visit her and tell her.........

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Be honest with her. You've been really busy and it slipped your mind. She'll understand.

Do make it a point, though, to do something to make up for it. Maybe take her out to dinner.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Make up an elaborate story to cover your ass. Say that you were abducted by aliens for the past week, and they took you to an Intergalactic Federation of Extraterrestrial Intelligence meeting. There, you were involved in many diplomatic earthly activities such as describing the status of politics, environment, etc. Afterwards, you had to go and visit the Pinwheel Galaxy in order to explain to the Reptilian Parliament why humanity is worthy of living, and after several days of heated debate, you convinced them to spare humanity. You were shortly returned to Earth, forever shaken by your earth-shattering experience, but didn't hesitate to call her immediately. Ring her up, describe what "happened", and say "Happy Birthday, my gift to you is saving the planet from imminent destruction."

That, or just tell her you forgot.
edit on 8-9-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Don't lie to her, as was suggested. She deserves more respect than that.

Take her out for lunch or dinner. Just the two of you. She will love that. During your meal tell her the truth and I promise you she will understand and appreciate you.

Oh, and don't be cheap about the meal. Take her somewhere nice.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
order something off the net 1 day shipping and then pretend like it took a week.

what mama dont know wont hurt her.
edit on 8-9-2011 by RelentlessLurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
You are so going to hell for this. Nothing could ever make up for such a lapse - except perhaps a Louis Vuitton bag - style No. 3349802.

Love,

Mom

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Hi...good to meet you. Anyway....just tell your mother the truth and explain to her ...what you have explained to us....and do it in person...hand her a beautifully wrapped gift...and take her out for a good dinner. I am sure a belated birthday present from her son would be most welcome and also being able to have some one on one time would do her heart good too. Please let us know what happens.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Well, I thought I was the only one who made this mistake. My mom's birthday was on Sunday, and I totally spaced it out. I am in about the same boat as you work wise. I popped in at my parents to raid the fridge and have dinner with them when my mom told me "You forgot my birthday." And my heart sank, I felt so horrible. So I bought a huge bouquet of flowers and a $50 gift certificate to Barnes and Noble to go into the mushiest birthday card for moms I could find. And I plan on kissing a lot of butt and being extra nice for the next year, and remember her birthday next year. It should be smooth sailing after that. Good luck!!!

new topics

top topics

join