It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Share Your Thoughts: Looking Back at the Decade

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Share Your Thoughts: Looking Back at the Decade

www.nytimes.com

America's place in the world has changed considerably due to the fact that the Bush/Cheney regime instilled fear in every non-thinking citizen (of which there are many) and as a result the image of our country is just a mere joke in the eyes of many Europeans. The Patriot Act being enacted has stripped every American of his/her right to privacy and the government has become an intrusive element into everyone's life... So sad... America is declining... maybe there is HOPE...
(visit the link for the full news article)

THE RECKONING AMERICA AND THE WORLD A DECADE AFTER 9/11

edit on 8-9-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
The thoughts coming from the readers here are reading like an ATS thread, it's pretty remarkable. With ten years having passed since 9/11 it seems that a sense of clarity is coming about. It seems that more and more people are aware of the reality of what has happened to the US/WORLD since that fateful day in September. It seems that people are less inclined to fall for the smoke and mirrors and are far more critical of the situation they find themselves in.

I will post up some of the great comments from the source so you can have a read of what people are saying. Please share your own thoughts on the last decade and what you have learned.

Since 9/11 I have become very politically aware. It prompted great interest in international politics and I have been researching these areas ever since. I have learned how the people in power go about maintaining that power, how they manipulate and control the masses to further their own agenda. I have learned the process of how this is done, all one needs to do is watch a play by play recount of how 9/11 and the illegal invasions that followed ensued.

I have also learned that many people prefer to ignore what has been done to them, they choose to live behind the wool as its much more comfortable for them, and that's okay. The problem is when you have people passing judgment on your own inquiries and insisting that only lunatics do not believe everything the government tells them, that is the problem.

So anyway I will post up some of the greats comments from the sourced article, it seems that a lot of Americans are very aware of the reality of the situation they faced and have faced since that fateful day in September.

Cheers

Our intelligence community and the FBI have all been utterly stupid and corrupt. Consider: The entire plot was hatched and carried out within the continental United States.

The official report, which neglects the destruction of WTC7 (World Trade Center Building 7), has so many holes in it that it left me with little confidence that our government could ever tells the truth. All in all, a decade later, I just feel sad.

I learned that a government run by a collective bunch of cowboys and followers will force wars down your throat, Deficits don't matter, whoops, I guess they do! American's attention span is so short, we must all be ADD...if anything's been accomplished in my life time, it's all been erased...stop the world, I want to get off!

I was in an Arab country when this happened. People vented out similar emotions and concerns. I understand that generalization of people and communities is a mistake. Take a moment to understand the deeper cause of the so called "terrorism".

It has absolutely changed my outlook. We have decimated the goodwill that we garnered in the wake of the 9/11 tragedy. The greedy and power-hungry have been exposed but are somehow still being protected to continue running this country into the ground. America is broken and the so-called "leaders" are simply orchestrating this country's death march. The backs of the middle class are being broken so that the lifestyles of the rich and famous can continue unabated. It will be the demise of us all. Welcome to Rome after the fall. It's going to require an "American Spring" to fix this.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 8-9-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide

The thoughts coming from the readers here are reading like an ATS thread, it's pretty remarkable.

Also read the posts here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

10 years later, Bin Laden is dead, so they say, no real proof that he is, or that he was the actual mastermind of those attacks... All circumstantial... But the boogieman is dead nonetheless.

So, its over already, time to end the wars and go home right?

edit on 8-9-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

That's what a rational person would expect, although both of us know very well that it won't happen and that the reasons for the invasion were to establish a permanent military stronghold in the middle east as well as trying to secure as much oil as possible. If they did pull out of Iraq immediately it would be irresponsible because civil war is likely to ensue, although there does need to be a very clear exit strategy that is strictly adhered to. I have also learnd that we should expect something to happen with iran and syria rather soon, all signs point to it in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Well I find it funny that none of the truthers has found evidence solid enough to take into a court of law and bring these people to justice. With all the theories about this and that you'd think there would be multiple smoking guns found already.

Until 9/11 can be conclusively proven false the rest of your thread is irrelevant as it's all based on the notion that 9/11 was set-up.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Silentkiss

Many would argue that numerous smoking guns definitely do exist, obviously you don't think so. The hole in the side of the pentagon, WTC7, the lack of footage from the pentagon, the lack of debris from the pentagon, the fact that a great majority of the 'hijackers' were alive and well in Saudi Arabia at the time, many other things also.Just interested, but obviously as you do not consider yourself a 'truther' (someone who seeks truth) what do you consider yourself? A 'non-truther' (someone who deliberately seeks false information or non truth) perhaps? The whole notion of 'truther' is absurd to me, either you want to seek the truth or not, if you do not then you are on the wrong sight, the motto of ATS is deny ignorance, that's what I feel people who seek truth are doing.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Haven't you been following the Main Stream Media, and NWO Perry's behavior toward Ron Paul? How the corrupt shadow controllers do things, is daily visible to view. Look at all the shocking alien fascism which has metasticised in this country since 9-11-01. Your okay with that, then?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

I follow politics very closely and can say without a doubt that this election is no different than any number we've had before 9/11 and frankly the Alien subject hasn't increased or decreased since 9/11. That is more relevant to what society is interested in at the moment and fades in and out quite frequently.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

My use of "alien" in that context, means, policies, oppressions, so -incredibly- -foreign- to Liberty in a democratic Republic. Fascism that was only familiar to those living in Russia during Soviet Communism.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

Ahhh I missed your reference there apparantly but in regards to that question I will say that I don't believe it is outside the norm of past historical examples. Lincoln declared Martial Law, Kennedy marched military into the States to quell civil unrest, Japanese were detained in ww2, people were arrested during the Red Scare.

Certain times instigate fear and 9/11 brought it's own share of that but I wouldn't say it's anything the country hasn't been through before.

top topics

join