It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can everyone control their adrenal glands?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I am slightly bored but mostly curious, I was thinking about something i've been able to do since I was a little kid. I've always been able to control my adrenal glands, force them to secrete epinephrine, reproduce the hormone quicker etc. Ever since I was little i've been able to push my to extremes such as increasing stamina via, say going two days without food and and minor dehydration while enduring demanding physical activity, pushing past exhaustion. I took biology, advanced biology, and anatomy in highschool and not once read about this bieng natural. Is it? is it just a natural human trait? Anyhow i'd like to hear your take on it.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnCreed777

id like someone to come forth and say it was natural as well. are you saying you have ability to produce adrenalin on command?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
My guess would be that most people have the ability, but don't know how to do it.
I would also guess that it isn't healthy at all.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by juveous

Produce it on command? sort of, or maybe i'm just crazy, unfortunately i'm not sure how long it takes for the adrenal glands to produce the hormone. Honestly I never thought twice about it until recently and wondered if it was normal or not. Nonetheless i'm unsure of it, thanks for the reply.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnCreed777

I wonder how many athletes would kill to have that ability?

As far as I know, it is quite unnatural to posses this trait. Then again, maybe it's unnatural NOT to have this ability. Perhaps we forgot how to use it over time? This would explain how Jesus went 40 days and nights without eating.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DanteMustDie

That is a good point and an interesting take, thanks

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DanteMustDie

I actually believe anyone can do it without any special concentration or anything, I always just imagine myself in a scenario where adreneline would be used such as a fight, combat, or maybe a race, something agitating, something that would get a persons blood pumping. It's that simple.

new topics

top topics

join