It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perry's Link to Merck In The Spotlight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Texas Gov. Rick Perry's GOP rivals sharply criticized him during Wednesday night's debate over his 2007 executive order mandating that teenage girls be vaccinated to prevent cervical cancer — a move that drew strong opposition at the time from social conservatives and was later overturned by the state Legislature. But they failed to bring up a key part of the story that fueled the Texas controversy and which Democrats are poised to pounce on: Perry's order came after the drug company that manufactured the vaccine hired Mike Toomey, his former chief of staff, as one of the firm's top lobbyists in Austin.

"When he signed that executive order, it turned a lot of heads because it seemed so out of character and didn’t sit well with his base," said Craig McDonald, director of Texans for Public Justice, a group that tracks campaign contributions and lobbying in Austin. "Then people went looking." Once the Toomey connection was discovered, "it was so obvious ... This is a prime example of how he [Perry] does something for a crony.”

The more people know about Perry, and how he operates, the better. Surprised he's in bed with Big Pharma? I hate this. Absolutely hate it. As soon as a candidate gets involved with special interests, he no longer represents the people. Pretty much every politician operates this way. Sickening.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Its becoming clear why TPTB picked Perry. A Perry v. Obama election would yield the same result for them whatever the outcome.

Get registered Republican if you aren't, and vote for Ron Paul in the primary, people. That election may be more important then the general election.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Big Pharma researcher admits to faking dozens of research studies for Pfizer, Merck

Guy fakes research for 13 years.
One of the drugs he passed (vioxx) killed anywhere from 88,000 to 139,000 people according to their own website.

And he only served 6 months in jail.

I'd love to see someone questioning perry on how he feels about that on the news...
edit on 8-9-2011 by 1825114 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

Surprised he's in bed with Big Pharma?
I'd be suprised to hear that Rick Perry wasn't corrupt. If this was Ron Paul who vaccinated young girls with a drug produced by a company that he was linked to, he would be ruined! I mean every MSM outlet would air that story like crazy.

But with good old Rick, our Bohemian Grove, Bilderberg, Bank of America, Big Pharma puppet? Nah, the corporate media has his back.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

I guess Im not any more surprised than I am that Obama gains 85 million from his BP Oil investments.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1825114
Big Pharma researcher admits to faking dozens of research studies for Pfizer, Merck

Guy fakes research for 13 years.
One of the drugs he passed (vioxx) killed anywhere from 88,000 to 139,000 people according to their own website.

And he only served 6 months in jail.

I'd love to see someone questioning perry on how he feels about that on the news...
edit on 8-9-2011 by 1825114 because: (no reason given)

I believe Perry, when he says he didn't lose any sleep over the 200+ inmates who were put to death. In my opinion, Perry is the epitome of the evil which goes on behind the scenes in politics and on Wall St., where greed and money come before the people.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Is it not interesting that Perry's Mother In Law served as State Director for the group Women in Government and that Merck funneled money through said group?

www.progresstexas.org...

This guy takes money over the people and lies to the populace...he should be unelectable.

new topics

top topics

join