It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NewsFlash: Venezuela has an Air Force, in other news, Venezuelan Plane goes down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   

CARACAS, Venezuela, Aug 22 (Reuters) - A Venezuelan air force plane carrying three crew members and 22 passengers has crashed in bad weather in central Venezuela, killing all on board

Thats messed up, next time they should peddle harder...

Venezuelan Plane Down

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Maybe it was the dry (wet) run for a soon to occur Presidential tragedy. Venezuelan that is.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   
all this thread shows is how ignorant people are of aircraft and airforces.

Just because the Venezuala isn't one of the richest countries in the world you immediately think they have a "pedal powered" airforce and are actually surprised they have an airforce?

Maybe you would be shocked to learn the Venezualan Airforce flies F-16s and Mirages as their combat aircraft and also use Puma helicopters??

So they aren't exactly using "pedal power" as you put it.

btw are you from the United States?

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Really? Boy, thanks for the abts info.

We were totally wrong about the Venezuelan air force. I mean, they have uniforms and everything. What do they do with these advanced (heh heh) aircraft, besides enjoy the ride into (or beat the ambulance to) the crash site.

I guess we'll finally see this mighty Mestizo air force in action as they remove Hugo Chavez from power. I'm sorry, I meant as they murder him by crashing a plane (otherwise known as "pulling a Venezuelan") onto him.

Quit adding rims and hydraulics to your Puma's and pay your debts:Investor sues Venezuela for payment on overdue notes

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:40 AM
link   
That's no surprise, the plane was an American model.

Maybe if on of the 5 children who died in the accident where from your family you felt less prone to joking.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 06:40 AM
link   
omg are you absolutely serious? don't you think that US airforce pilots crash their planes as well?

geez show a little respect for a sovereign nations armed services and not ridicule the men and women that serve under them.

And Chavez is a populist leader of the PEOPLE, the majority who are poor and have been exploited and left behind by the west and the rich minority in the country.

He's spending the money from the oil that the Venezualan people own on the people not the rich.

He is a popular leader and his recall election has WAY more credibility to be elected as the choice of the people than bush and his dads supreme court buddies over that debacle in Florida in 2000.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
No argument here about either the fact that all pilots are capable of crashing, or the legitmacy of political leaders.

However, I think chavez better keep his military happier (see below) or his days may be numbered.

external image
Power to the Peoples

new topics

top topics

join