It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Viewers & Readers Go Crazy After Obama Speech Tonight

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcher3339
To begin, I think you need to investigate the meaning of offensive. These comments express opinions. The fact that you appear not to agree with them does not, in itself, make those comments offensive.

I think he meant it as in Offensive versus Defensive

edit on 8-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The man is doing his job. He is rallying America for what needs to be done.
In MHO, he did it , and very well.
This country is suffering from so many ills , and he hit them all with a plan that can only work if people in this country start believing in this country. These kinds of incentive only get legs when people react, and that forces the constituents to act that way, or they are history.

Obama inherited a rats nest, and he is telling you all right now that we can only get this done by doing what Americans have always done in crisis. Solidarity in what we want. That kind of thinking and reaction is testament to why we are still the greatest place to live on this earth. Yea, rhetoric for most, but food for those that have been through the last 60 years. Have fun tearing this apart.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Yes, and I showed my mom a silver ounce bar today and she said "it is really shiny" and "So is gold worth the same?" On the bright side, with all the sheep, we will never run out of sweaters...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
A speech is only a speech. It's not a plan until it is presented in writing. We'll see what happens when the speech and the plan are laid next to one another. But, I will say this... There had better be enough time for The People to read it before ANY legislative action is taken.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

"We will spend a !@$ ton of money, but we will move money from there to here and from here to there, then take the money that's here and put over yonder to make some jobs and move it back to where we took and see? We can spend $450 billion dollars and not actually spend anything!"

That should sum it up. Nearly half a trillion in new spending but it magically won't raise the debt.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
reply to post by AwakeinNM

There is a reason why I call the majority of posters on ATS "the sleepwalkers" or a new one "the sheered". Naked and disillusioned sheep are still just that...sheep.

Wake up and seek comfort in no politician, in no government, but within self.

Take it to heart.

I hear ya, but the roads aint gonna pave themselves, are they?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I know, all the revelry in the world will not change the fact he said nothing new! I just find it hard to understand when people fall for such rediculous antics. There were NO solutions proposed, just more We want Change and we want it now stuff. I wish I could express what I feel deep inside me with words, it would blow you away.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by watcher3339

"Finally, the stimulus or even the idea of government intervention does not belong to Obama. The decision for government intervention was made prior to his taking office. He agreed with the decision, but so did a lot of other people. If you want to dislike Obama. Fine. There are reasons to dislike him. He should have stepped up with this kind of a speech and plan months ago. No, I don't believe this will fix everything. But at this point it isn't really going to hurt and it has a lot of items which Republicans have been asking be put on the plate for awhile. "

So.. it wasn't that guys "idea", therefore he's not responsible?

Rape isn't my idea, yet I'd damn sure be held responsible.. unless I'm a TV personality, er "politician", and I'm raping entire nation..lol, that seems to be just fine & dandy..

Those alleged CNN viewers.. remind me of the over the shoulder audience morons who attend & cheer this guy as if he was a serious person with a fraction of credibility as a man... we all know more than a few are hand picked party cultists.. strategically placed to erupt with scripted adoration for der fuhrer.. then the ministry of propaganda edits it to look as if every day folks are happier than bonobos.

Same poop, different medium imo.. interesting though, they apparently feel it necessary to spam positive.. knowing, perhaps, reality would be a tsunami of poo?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
The man is doing his job. He is rallying America for what needs to be done.
In MHO, he did it , and very well.
This country is suffering from so many ills , and he hit them all with a plan that can only work if people in this country start believing in this country. These kinds of incentive only get legs when people react, and that forces the constituents to act that way, or they are history.

Obama inherited a rats nest, and he is telling you all right now that we can only get this done by doing what Americans have always done in crisis. Solidarity in what we want. That kind of thinking and reaction is testament to why we are still the greatest place to live on this earth. Yea, rhetoric for most, but food for those that have been through the last 60 years. Have fun tearing this apart.

Laughable.. an MSM news tart with fake boobs couldn't have done it better.

All hail der fuhrer.. I ignore his every MSM performance btw.. no idea if it was trinket worthy.

Love the emotional patriotic stuff.. Americans in crisis and all that.. I'm gonna tear up.. only problem is.. if polls are to be believed so called "Americans" are in solidarity: 70% say "wrong direction".. that guys speech was more of the same.. so... more of the same wrong direction, ie status quo, is him doing his job?.. lol.. change you can believe in alright.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join