Explain your Avatar

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The picture is lightning coming out of an ash cloud at a volcano. Just love the colors

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
My Guy Fawkes mask with some effects slapped on in Photo Booth.
Yeah, I'm fancy.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Me, home after Halloween...not very inspired. :/

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I really wish ATS had a way to alert me if someone is replying to a post I created. Sometimes, I don't get to see thread responses for a week or more.

From what I know, veves are strictly for ceremonial use in which a priest or priestess draws them on the ground (in a sand-like substance) in order to evoke whatever spirit the seeker is wishing to bring forth. If any part of the veve remains afterwards, they are blown away or removed.

I had been "drawn" to voodoo and hoodoo beliefs since I was very young and I just felt the need to have these loas on my body to pay tribute. I actually sought out a local priestess in the french quarter and begged her to recreate certain veves for my tattoo. She reluctantly obliged and I took my shot.

I had some very strange and terrifying experiences shortly thereafter, which I am still unsure if they were real or my imagination. I immediately thought I was being paid back for going against tradition. Voodoo loas aren't typically known for their kind hearts and forgiving natures.

A long winded answer to a precise question, but, uh yeah, it's not OK. They aren't to be used as a symbol or avatar. They are not meant to last, so to speak. I think I might change it soon anyway, now that you hexed me. ; )

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BigFrigginAl

Deeper meaning? Are you crazy? You are a phoenix rising from the flames. Being reborn from the ashes again and again. Each time stronger than the last. It is empowering, uplifting, but still bittersweet.

It is one of my favorite symbolic images and another dream tattoo of mine.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I am Underworlds. Certainly, Death seated upon an earthen throne must be an appropriate avatar for me.

new topics
top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join