It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explain your Avatar

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Many people who post here have esoteric avatars.

What does yours mean??

Mine:

The Pyramid at the bottom has the god Anubis to the left, and Thoth, symbolized by the Ibis. Between Anubis and Thoth is a dung beetle, symbolized Khepri - an Eyptian solar deity, an aspect of Ra associated with the rising of the Sun. This metaphorically presents Egypts wisdom as being focused on the self. Thoth - wisdom, combined with Anubis - god of the afterlife, being regulated by the wisdom of Khepri - or Cosmic Order, feeds mans sense of self importance. This is presented as a lower wisdom. This image occurs at the bottom of the picture to indicate the subjective perspective; mans wisdom being nothing more then the objectifying of the subjective, transforming reality as it is currently known, into the only reality there can ever be. This perspective ignores Gods complete mastery over creation, from the highest worlds, to this world, and the infinite nothingness beyond. As long as we exist in this frame, we, like God, are individualized. But unlike God, we, human mortals, individualized physical beings, will forever be unable to understand the complexities of the world around us. We will forever be separated from that nothingness, which nonetheless masters every aspect of reality.

The lower Pyramid of Egypt is transmorped into the Menorah at the top, through the influence of the two tablets in between.

Two stylized stone tablets; the one on the right says "I am the Lord", and the one on the left says "Your God...Who took you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage".

The right symbolizes proximity and closeness. Anochi Adonai (the two yods representing the tetragrammaton) is on the right, because it is the most immanent and focal truth. "I am" brings humanity into a mode of reality beyond its perception of "I" - the ego. YHVH is the name of God, which means "being". We exist within his being, in his being, and our inextricably part of his being; whether in the deep nothingness (Ein Sof), or cosmic unity - EHYEH, or in this world, YHVH and Elohim, the same power unites it all. It is one reality, experienced in different existential dimensions. All human beings who live in this world recieve his or hers point of reference, in how to live, from the name YHVH. This particular name, kabbalistically, implies the created mode of divine order. Mankind is to serve this name, in order to enter the being of existence, and so be at complete oneness; between each other, created reality, and with God. All, despite their manifestations, working within a completely harmonized whole.

The left tablet which says, "Your God...Who took you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage".

The left is associated with physicality, and so the "land of Egypt", the house of bondage. It is the ego, which suffers. Eloheka, your God, refers to Elohim. Which is the powers and phenomena of nature. These two names are often combined to refer to their oneness. Nature, that is, both physical and spiritual phenomena, occurs though the name Elohim. YHVH, is the spiritual Tiferet - the harmony of existence, which must be reflected in human society for true peace to endure. This force, acts through the contraction of the name Elohim, and thus enables the soul united with this name complete power over the creation., through his own will, imagination, thought and emotion.

The birds are Cherubim, holy emotions which bring the heart - and the cosmos - up to the World above.

The 7 pronged Menorah symbolizes the sanctification of physical reality through the influence of the - Cherubim - holy emotions. 7 corresponds, as is well known, to limited reality. These are the 7 sefiroth, Chesed through Malkuth which govern reality. ..
edit on 8-9-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Well you really started this thread off with a bang.

I'm a grumpy old man.

link   

Originally posted by dontreally
Many people who post here have esoteric avatars.

What does yours mean???
edit on 8-9-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

You first!!!!
2nd
OK you edited it.....you went first on a technicality!

edit on 8-9-2011 by DisturbedToo because: (no reason given)

link   
The light within your soul is God.

That's what my avatar is about.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

It's weird that you just posted this thread, I just made a thread about my favorite video game of all time and my avatar is the a character from that video game. My avatar's name is Tyrael, he is the Archangel of Justice in the Diablo video game series and his sole role is to protect the life of humanity. This is an excellent thread.

link   
Me with bad mascara

link   
reply to post by DisturbedToo

You have a sick avatar!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Mine is my ancestors', Inca, version of a mandala. It is said to represent many things depending on where you are, but most revolve around union between divine and self.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unvarnished
reply to post by DisturbedToo

You have a sick avatar!

Is that the good sick? or the bad?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
its the heart chakra.

link   
My avator is a picture I took after the May 2008 tornado in Gladstone,Mo. Gladstone Tornado Outbreak May 2008
I lived only a few blocks away from the epicenter of the diaster. I actually felt the outflow winds shake my apartment and it did damage to my apartment building. Trees were knocked down and a lot of debris. My door was blown open but because it was locked it got stuck in the locked position; open about a half inch. I had to climb in and out of my window.
I put that up as a reminder of what can happen or almost happen in life and to appericate life because who knows what can happen. In my background I have stock photos of tornados. I added a special effect of green because that's how the sky looks during a tornado. It gets very dark and greenish/black.

link   

My avatar is actually a custom Tarot card by a very awesome artist.

It is number XVIII: The Moon.

It represents the Imagination and dreams. It also represents our struggle to conquer animal nature; there are two wolves on the card. The moon that shines above us represents enlightenment.
edit on 8-9-2011 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
the cake is a lie.
edit on 8-9-2011 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Mines pretty self explanitory.....at least I hope so
2nd
3rd for good measure.
edit on 8-9-2011 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I love Zombies, and the show Ugly Americans is the sh**.. Randall the zombie is funny as hell.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
im a beaver

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Mines kinda boring its a shot of Johnstown pa from the incline which is the steepest incline in the world. I live just a couple hours from there and took my kids to the Flood museum which is awesome and recommend it for all ages! The incline is super scary too. I love rollercoaster but that incline did me in lol.
heres a better pic of it

edit on 8-9-2011 by jrkelly77 because: (no reason given)

link   
My "old" (1966) bike, same year I was born.

link   
Me and a bear cub.
It's cute because it's not killing me.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I'm a Tattooed girl. I also love the art of the old freak show banners.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join