It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm tired of rude posts!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Just to throw another side to this argument in.. And from personal experience. I have made posts that are a little rude and there have been various reasons for this.
I have made comments where I've picked apart someones post/points and done it in a way that has come across rude but that was never my intention. By just writing text without the usual body language cues in the real world, it can easily be misinterpreted. Sarcasm for example often doesn't work on these forums. (often we see members making threads which are pure satire or sarcasm, and they get attacked because it doesn't come across very well)
Also I have to be honest and say, I've had days crappy days where everything goes wrong and I'm in a fowl mood.. Sometimes this reflects in my posts especially if I'm replying to an aggressive comment or a completly ridiculous post.. And at times I am a little rude or arrogant.

To be honest though who really cares? An anonymous poster who you have never met and never will meet says something that offends you.. Firstly it's the nature of a site like this and secondly it doesn't affect my life one bit.. I just laugh when it happens..

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I actually find it more annoying that at last once a week someone posts an 'anti-troll' thread. We have more than enough of these type of threads and I don't know why we need a new one every week.

We get it.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkwind.
I actually find it more annoying that at last once a week someone posts an 'anti-troll' thread. We have more than enough of these type of threads and I don't know why we need a new one every week.

We get it.

But this is rant. I think rant should be free-range. If some lunatic wants to come here and post the same complaint every night for a year in rant than more power to him, says I.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Why purposely pollute the board though? People can still rant in someone elses thread and get it off their chest.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Theres the main reason i havent started a thread. I guess once you get some people out of there comfort zones with some of the info that goes on here they get defensive. But at least its not as bad as you tube, but im sure alot of whats removed could be.

FaGitabout it, they`re the ones that are gonna lose it when the SHTF

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawkwind.

I`d rather see these threads than the relationship ones. some of them go 30+ pages into it and nobody once ever told him to grow a pair and stop being a (ryhmes with wussy). Best advice one could give.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DisturbedToo
I mean seriously!
If all you can bring to a thread is ..."Change your lifestyle, quit blaming others. " Don't even bother posting!
I see more and more of this every day and it's just out of control.
You are NOT bringing anything useful to the thread so just don't bring it at all.
These are the type of posts that should be target by mods, to me anything like this is off topic and should be removed.... Ive seen more ON topic posts removed than this kind of crap.
End of rant
Am I feeding the trolls?

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR

edit on 9-9-2011 by UniverSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DisturbedToo
I mean seriously!
If all you can bring to a thread is ..."Change your lifestyle, quit blaming others. " Don't even bother posting!
I see more and more of this every day and it's just out of control.
You are NOT bringing anything useful to the thread so just don't bring it at all.
These are the type of posts that should be target by mods, to me anything like this is off topic and should be removed.... Ive seen more ON topic posts removed than this kind of crap.
End of rant
Am I feeding the trolls?

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DisturbedToo

AMEN!!!! It seems as though it has gotten worse over the last 6 months.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Criticism is part of life. Just accept it, live and let live.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

It's better to be the bigger person and not let it get to you. People will disagree, some adamantly, some not. If you can't handle it, perhaps discussion boards where people of differing opinions get together, is not for you.

Personally i dislike many replies and topics but no use complaining about it. I want to live long not die due to anxiety over posts/replies.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Its the internet, where unfortunately since they aren't in front of you people lose all social graces.

Sometimes the threat of a punched face in person is what keeps this world civil.

With out that, you get what happens on internet forums.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

I will have to agree with the insults and attacks that are really pointless and don't add to the discussion. I may be a little biased though considering the OP is referencing the attacks in my Post from yesterday. Which I thought, being my first real - and hopefully good discussion - post had a couple trolls under my bridge. Just didn't add to the convo at all in my opinion...but as usual...I do try to move on and try not to respond and keep the topic on track....but that is A bit harder to do when it is your own post I am afraid.

But thank you for the support all
Much appreciated.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Yes..I agree too...and what about when you create a reply to a thread...and you state your views...and someone comments an opposing view to yours ...(which happens) but.....when you reply again to them politely. and respectfully ....they still tear apart everything you say and they are very rude and arrogant about it. You could still be kind and nice....and politely disagree....and the other person comes back at you...very condescending and know it all. I just hate that!

Yes I was just told my view was "ignorant" I think a different word could have been chosen!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

Criticism is one thing....but having to be a troll just for troll sake is another. Bring something to the conversation...for or against. Just randomly spouting off is not really what this forum is about. I am all for seeing both sides to a story...
The reference that the OP brought up originally, was out of place due to the fact that is was off base to the topic at the time and didn't relate to what was being said and didn't relate to what was being discussed in the original post. That is more what the rant is about I feel. Having a different view is very good. Gets people thinking...but a short one sentence line like was referenced...well...come on people, this is ATS, we should, could and can do better.
That's all I am saying.
edit on 9-9-2011 by bw_drum because: additional content

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter

Criticism is part of life. Just accept it, live and let live.

Really are we here to criticize each other or have a discussion about the topic? if you disapprove of someones view attack the view not the person and that can be done with words that are not critical also.
The good thing is on ATS often the mods do step in when people start focusing on each other and stop some personal attacks...I like that then we can get on with the topic.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

Originally posted by Hawkwind.

We get it.

But this is rant. I think rant should be free-range. If some lunatic wants to come here and post the same complaint every night for a year in rant than more power to him, says I.

Right no one makes anyone select a thread and respond to it. So many people say...'why another of these threads" but there they are selecting and responding clear to page 50! No one twisting anyone's arm to participate in any conversation they are not interested in so why do so many join in just to say the topic is stupid or whatever.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

What's that old saying, "If you can't stand the heat, don't go into the kitchen."

If you post something that can be attacked, or displays ignorance or outright stupidity, then you get what you asked for. There is no reason to humor such efforts or let them slide as is the appeal we usually see herein.. Some folks may hand you a peace prize, but others will take you to task.

Welcome to the real world.

If you think a subject ignorant and stupid why are you responding at all...if it truly is that stupid it will just go away if not responded to at all...ON THE OTHER HAND clearly many people will NOT find it at all stupid and will enjoy the conversation and subject so why don't the rest just go find something they like?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by EspyderMan

I can and do handle people of differing opinions....that doesn't bother me....I like a healthy debate. I am talking about people that are deliberately cruel .....I don't like it and I never will....but I do handle it... and I belong on a discussion board if I so choose to be on one. I think it is ok to complain once in a while...after all that is what the (ranting forum) is for.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join