It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This might actually be something ...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
This is akin to 'pin the tail on the donkey' in the dark.

I will give the benefit of the doubt though. What connections do the President's speech, the power outage in Cali, and the beginning of the NFL season have to do with each other, and how does it reveal a conspiracy or a secret?

It doesn't work like that. You can't just get a bunch of unrelated events and draw lines in between them and then assume there is more dots there than there is usually. Speaking of which, I didn't even see lines drawn between them they were just facts set side by side with no known correlations proposed.

I honestly thought it was a really slow news week considering. So to hear someone say a lot of things are happening right now I find somewhat naive. A lot of things always happen, and they have been, and they will be.

I don't see this discussion going anywhere productive.

Maybe this thread should be moved to the jokes forum?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
BBC article:

"We are worried specifically about something happening on the anniversary of 9/11 because we saw on some of Bin Laden's materials that there was discussion about the 10-year anniversary, the 10-year memorial," he said."

I'm gonna have an ultra-facepalm if they manage to get away with this one. So predictable.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I dont understand why they would do anything on this day of all days. If anything itll just be another bs falseflag so they can stay in the mideast for another 20 years for heroine and gold.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Okay, it's late, I am tired, and I have had a few drinks, so if I missed it here I am sorry and perhaps it is being discussed elsewhere on ATS.

PALESTINE
Has asked the U.N. for statehood. Formal request up as early as next week? early in the week?
Israel won't/can't allow.

I believe that is the headline for the next decade.
I believed it before I came home tonight and saw that Egyptian protesters had attacked the Israeli embassy.

Think the Middle East could actually be about to go hot.
A 9/11 False Flag: even a smallish one, would keep us quite and let Israel do what our ptb want done but don't want the U.S. to do publically. A simultaneous attack on Israel and the U.S. Israel given free reign by the U.S. to respond.

Or,
attack here based on credible but unconfirmed goes through. Israel gets credible but unconfirmed threat to themselves and takes a first strike stance.

I am not anti Israel. I am not anti Palestine. I am certainly not anti U.S.

I just look at the world and this is what I see.
To me at least it looks like 2 and 2 is 4.

This story has been building behind all the local earthquake, fire, hurricane, flooding, loss of power stories consuming the nation. I am a news hog and consider myself very late to the game on this one. And even then, albeit with my "may have missed it and I've been drinking" disclaimer from the top: I don't see this much anywhere.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Okay guys, I just wanted to say something as a canadian. IF some # goes down, you're welcome to come onnnnnnnnnnnn up! Everything around here seems fine to me. There was a 6.7 on the island, but I didn't feel a thing here in mission. I welcome all in need if the # goes down. Best of luck.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
First of all, let's make the things clear: I don't want to offense anyone - I had to say this because these days people are tending to take a lot of things personally when it isn't the case.

I don't have a significant contribution on ATS but I'm reading the threads as detailed I can; I am myself pretty deeply into the conspiracy theory but I can't refrain myself to notice something and here goes what am I talking about.

On a particular case, the one related to the 9/11 attacks, there is a lot of fear that something similar might happen. Now, I am not an American and my understanding of the phenomenon called US of A is, of course, limited, from both political and social points of view.
However, try to put yourself in the shoes of the bad guys, the ones with dynamite sticks tied around their waists: it is SO obvious, even for the most retarded bomber wannabe, that the security protocols will be increased on cosmic levels these days in the US, that no one, even a complete idiot, would think to try something there. If you are willing to kill yourself in a big whoosh, you have to be sure you're taking as many people with you as you can, not die alone, having your butt spread on a 500 feet radius just for the love of it, right? Of course, I'm referring here to the "serious" killers, not to the ordinary psychopathic guy who thinks that everyone around is after his balls to sell them to Venusian black-market...
Politically speaking, for Al Qaeda - or other s.o.b. like them - would be a huge mistake to try something on the US soil these days, with 0.5% rate of success.

Now, as I told you, I'm reading ATS as detailed as I can, so what I noticed on a bigger scale is this: from time to time, there are threads warning everyone about something very bad which might happen on next days - or weeks, or months, whatever. There are people trying to find connections between completely unrelated events - something Dan Brown did in his books and personally, I laughed my butt off by reading them.
How, for Pete's sake, are connected events like the NFL opening, Obama's speech, SoCal blackout, a tropical storm and - this is from me - an old Irish drunkard's fart? I mean, come on, guys... I am into conspiracy theory myself but this looks a bit too much, don't you think?

You want a conspiracy theory? Here goes one.
We are ALREADY deep in the mess TPTB wanted to drag us into:
- we are using their money, according to their financial regulations;
- we are paying them taxes according to their financial laws - most of us, that is;
- we are buying their goods or goods approved by them;
- we are watching their TV propaganda, dissimulated into movies, news, documentaries - most of us;
- we are living in a world already governed by them;
- our sons and daughters are serving in their armies, following their orders;
- we are eating food and drinking beverages produced under their regulations - most of us;
... and the list can go on and on.
The point is, we are living into THEIR world, dancing on THEIR music and, generally speaking, when they say "Jump!", we ask "How high?" even we like this or not. And, IMHO, that is the real problem, not the fact that Obama waived his hand 6 times in 48 seconds to the people before him.

It's a nice feeling to have that chill on your spine when reading about Elenin, human race extinction, Obama's hypnosis strategy, the perfect tropical storm and the sensation that you are watched by something when blowing the leafs on your backyard but the tragedy is the worst is already happening and, being blinded by our own subconscious fears, we are not able to see that. There is so many contradictory information on the market, we are bombarded with confusion until our mind is going haywire:
"Eat this!"
"Don't eat this!"
"This is good!"
"No, it isn't!"
"Buy this!"
"Don't buy this, buy that!"
"Watch your mouth!"
"Speak free!"
"Don't think!"
"Think for yourself!"
"DIE!!"
... and that's the straight line on the heartbeat monitor.

We need to look on and for ourselves NOW, not fear something that MIGHT happen someday.
The things are happening, actually, right now.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by shansen

I think you made a few very good points. I also have to wonder though, not being from the US what type of news coverage you get about our madness lol.

What I would say about your comment regarding totally unrelated issues is very simple:

1. The best way to hide your tracks it to make things APPEAR totally unrelated.
2. Whether real or implied *the powers that be* (the REALLY truly evil creeps in the shadows) are using fear to squeeze folks in a myriad directions at once, so it doesn't surprise me some people seeing connections that are indeed REALLY a stretch. I sort of visualize it like taking the full spectrum of human emotions and putting them in a trash compacter. Eventually something is going to give.

I was just watching our news and all they are talking about this morning is the flood of cops converging on NYC and the fear of dirty bombs in Time Square. Then after that got a few good rounds and some *experts* discussing it they come out with a new ALERT about bridges and tunnels being possible targets as well. All of this is totally smacking on people's very understandable and justified fears, anxiety and emotional pain surrounding the day.

The fear needs to be ratcheted up or the general public would NEVER be accepting any of this! My conclusion is why all the ratcheting for an anti climax? A massive amount of time and money is going into driving the population into a frenzy. Seems kind of pointless to not actually USE it.

I don't think most peeps are running around certain something will happen tomorrow. However I think most folks in the US are very aware of how damning and painful and re-traumatizing it would be to our country.

My comments about Obama's speech and everyone impatient to watch football had nothing at all to do with this being some devious connection. My point was it was an overload of emotion and desires. Here is a very important speech, precisely when many people want their attention elsewhere, many people were feeling drawn in two directions before the speech even started, and distracted by mixed desires. All the easier to slip those suggestions in without being noticed.

It sort of reminds me of a school nurse I had growing up. When she was going to give you a shot first she pinched you really HARD and while you gasped and startled she did the deed... You NEVER even felt that needle sliding into your body. It's actually quite ingenious.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

You are correct.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join