It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This might actually be something ...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by iforget
If you can find a way to relate the items on your list to one another then I will be scared, for you.

I was referencing the former (the first actually) Secretary of Homeland Security Gov. Tom Ridge. When questioned as to what preparations people should make for any nuclear/biological/chemical terrorist attacks, he replied that you should have plastic sheeting and duct tape on hand to seal your house off in the event of such an attack. Great fun was made of him for this statement at the time. cbsnews/ duct tape and plastic

I don't plan to rush out to buy those items. I do have duct tape (who doesn't) but I doubt that I would have time to use it if there was an NBC attack.
edit on 9-9-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
If in any way this might be relevant to the post, below is an update from New York!

As a witness and a survivor of 9/11 I was bit uncomfortable taking a subway to work today, however as a New Yorker we are not allowed to “fear” or allow any threats to dictate our lives…

As always trains were packed during the busy hours… security and number of officers did multiply, but what shocked me the most is the traffic on Broadway and 6th Avenue, police vehicles literally blocking the entire roads allowing only one line for passing and really looking at each passing car and meanwhile 2 city buses were being checked, which was little weird and did increase the spooky level in me… Therefore, driving to Manhattan might cause few heart attacks… lol

So New York is in a full CHECKING through XRAY status… just hoping to get home ok today…

edit on 9-9-2011 by Rocks123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

sorry butcherguy I am kind of confused by your response

my own post was just a weak one liner on the OP not you
I think many of us consciously or not have our tension ratcheted up on us by the upcoming anniversary and that this makes things seem more ominous than they really are...to give a more thought out response....

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocks123

Sounds like a good day to
stay home. Stay safe!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by iforget

sorry butcherguy I am kind of confused by your response

my own post was just a weak one liner on the OP not you
I think many of us consciously or not have our tension ratcheted up on us by the upcoming anniversary and that this makes things seem more ominous than they really are...to give a more thought out response....

I had posted this just a few posts before you posted the one that I responded to:

reply to post by schrodingers dog Just in case, I purchased a portable generator for my house. But I don't have any duct tape and plastic sheeting. Better get some.

I mistakenly thought that you were referencing my post above, which in itself could be a source of confusion.

How's that for adding to the confusion?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
It aint anything.
Could be a lot worse.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Do things actually happen on 'anniversaries'? It would be a bit of a stupid game plan when you have 364 other less hyped days to go at.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

Kind of like...if a suicide bomber explodes in the middle of the Sahara is anyone afraid??

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Ah I am with you now, my bad for being obtuse to begin with. There is nothing wrong with being prepared may we all stay safe

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The world does seem more insane than ever, and it certainly would seem that we are hitting some type of cresendo. Honestly, in the forty years I have been alive, things have seemed to get worse and worse. I have been asking people, "Is what's happening in the world totally sureal or am I insane?"

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
You know, as scary as it all is, what bothers me more is how scared everyone acts. We talk about how we can't let the terrorists win but then we give up our liberties so we can feel safer. Doesn't that mean they won?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Wheel in the sky..Make a similar list to the events of 2, 1 years ago… Start a list now, possibly a day by day and see what starts to drop off and see what replaces it.. We will always have a list I think.

It all seems overwhelming when grouped together, maybe?

edit on 9-9-2011 by syrinx2112 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
This world is coming to end more and more as the days go by. When we look at a 6 month period of events 20 year ago, its relativitly calm and stable. Look at 6 months worth of events today, the world is going down a sh*t hole... its only a matter of time.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Yeah this imminent terror threat they have said that in the past around 9/11 I mean just look at what the media calls it 911 emergency. Numerology at its best if there is a terror attack on 911 it will probably be our own government just to get us behind the war effort and instill fear or give another reason to impose more laws they will not stop until all of America is there slaves or all of the world for that matter. Im starting to think that this breed of rich person isnt even human.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Dude, i'm in the same spot with you. It does make me think doom, I might've come from GLP but if I listen to too much crazy, I'll probably have to be sedated to stop screaming; once I start and that's no if I start it's when.
Oh god, I need to breathe before I tear out my hair.
I noticed that, It makes me unstable. I can't dwell on this, I can't. If the # goes down, I love y'all.
edit on 9-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Well, whatever this surprise for us is will surely be the segue way to the final crippling of the country. You can just feel it. The earth is headed into a new cycle along with civilization, and TPTB are scrambling right now to ensure that their firm grip over everything is maintained when the smoke clears.

You are being programmed and prepared for violence and chaos. The disasters that are happening are real, and the media hype over Irene was the start.
edit on 9-9-2011 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by llmacgregor

Man up >>>> MacGregors don't get scared

Ard Choille!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Nah.. there is not anything at all. Nothing out of the ordinary at least. There are always wildfires, droughts, flooding, earthquakes, NFL football games (date planned well in advance), and the rest. Why anyone would think these are all connected baffles me. I've seen several posts like this. I never get it. The world is a big place, and there has in all of history, always been a lot going on. It's only really obvious now with near-instant knoweldge of worldwide events due to mass media and social networking.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
Nah.. there is not anything at all. Nothing out of the ordinary at least. There are always wildfires, droughts, flooding, earthquakes, NFL football games (date planned well in advance), and the rest. Why anyone would think these are all connected baffles me. I've seen several posts like this. I never get it. The world is a big place, and there has in all of history, always been a lot going on. It's only really obvious now with near-instant knoweldge of worldwide events due to mass media and social networking.

All at once and around 9/11 ? The word Sheeple comes to mind.

edit on 9-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I have to agree that it is uncanny how they are talking about all these things at the same time. Its like they are trying to get the fear factor of everyone up at maximum. They are making no attempts to sooth people. Whatever happens, every one needs to stay calm. I would suggest anyone living near major cities to get out of town for the weekend. Living near DC myself, I told the husband I would like to go hiking this weekend. He said no way, everything's flooded and wet. Ok I said, let's go visit your parents. "No way, they're flooded also; we're going to stay right here."

Either way, I believe that if there is a terrorist attack, they are going to throw everything they have at us in one big push, praying to whatever deity they worship that at least a few get through, overwhelming homeland security. If I were them, that's what I would do. It's fine to sit back and say nothing's going to happen, I sure as hell don't want to just sit around and see who's wrong again, not when my children's lives are on the line also.

I know there's always going to be another "end of the world" type date, and its been said that if they keep throwing out dates eventually they'll get it right. Personally, I'd rather be safe than sorry and choose to prepare for every single one of those dates, because in all honesty we never do know when they'll be right. I've been laughed at for sure for being so gullible, but its not being gullible when you're preparing for what is ultimately unknown by you or me.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join